NBC Sports Edge Forums

Denzel Mims 2020 Outlook

So Jets should be down early, lots of passing me thinks.

Matchup sucks. Crowder might be back this week. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing

2nd game .. he should play a full amount of snaps one would hope. 

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I couldn’t read past this paradox. Tried.

According to a tweet by Pat Mayo, and referenced on The Athletic Fantasy Football Podcast by Jake Ciely: Since 2005 there have been 17 times that a team has been a 14.5 + underdog. In those games

The very intriguing part of his size/talent and the gut feeling he’s gonna be special right away if given opportunity and get better play from the QB position. Mims is 6’3” 207, he’s a speed demon who

On 10/28/2020 at 1:52 PM, RunCMC said:

So Jets should be down early, lots of passing me thinks.

Matchup sucks. Crowder might be back this week. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing

2nd game .. he should play a full amount of snaps one would hope. 

I like the idea of Crowder coming back. I don't buy the idea that he'll continue to be a target hog with Mims in the foil. They'll be wanting to give the rook as much confidence as possible with him some of the other guys in his draft class have exploded right out of the gates. I'm particularly interested in their matchup next week with New England because it's a divisional matchup, and NE is looking mega shaky defensively. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Strikeforce316 said:

Starting with FULL confidence this week against KC in PPR. Should get a crapload of targets.

woot. 

Crowder is a limited participant today. I still think there's upside here when Crowder returns, but would expect fewer targets.

1 hour ago, Mr_X said:

Does he have any utility outside of Week 8? I'm wondering if he's worth a stash or more of a "pump and dump" player.

I think the next two weeks will give you the answer. 

No other main WRs this weekend, and playing a weak NE defense the next so I'd hold onto him until then. 

14 minutes ago, Tomei7 said:

^^This^^

Your not the only one.

Which part? The guy feeling part or not starting a Jets player? 

Im interested. The garbage time aspect looks promising on paper, but I don’t recall the Jets taking advantage of garbage time all year. 

3 hours ago, Tenner said:

Im interested. The garbage time aspect looks promising on paper, but I don’t recall the Jets taking advantage of garbage time all year. 

I’m interested in him beyond this weekend, although obviously the opportunity is there with Perriman out and Crowder likely to miss. 

This guy is big and fast and he plays for a team desperate for skill players. I think he might end up doing well down the stretch. And imagine if Crowder is traded? Very interesting. 

• Like 2
46 minutes ago, centerfield_ballhawk said:

According to a tweet by Pat Mayo, and referenced on The Athletic Fantasy Football Podcast by Jake Ciely:

Since 2005 there have been 17 times that a team has been a 14.5 + underdog. In those games, 18 wide receivers on the underdog have hit the 100 yard bonus.

👀

This is what I'm talking about right here.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Tenner said:

The very intriguing part of his size/talent and the gut feeling he’s gonna be special right away if given opportunity and get better play from the QB position. Mims is 6’3” 207, he’s a speed demon who runs a 4.3, reminds of a mixture of Julio Jones and AJ Green in his prime. I overlooked Mims because he was absent all season due to injury and on the lowly Jets but the dude is a stud and I think he could end up being the best rookie WR in this class, problem is.....as everyone already knows, is Gase and the QB play, Darnold hasn’t played very well this season but he’s also played against some of the toughest defenses out there with really no weapons to throw to besides Crowder for 2 games, they’ve played BUF2x,SF,IND,and DEN. I’ve heard Gase has relinquished playcalling duties so maybe Mims has a shot of showcasing his talents if Darnold can play better. Darnold missed a wide open Mims for a 10yd walk in TD against BUF, in full PPR he could of finished with 16pts with 7 targets in his 1st game of action. I’m also taking into consideration the possibility that maybe the Jets will start to play better, they almost upset BUF and they play against some of the softest defenses ROS besides Chiefs and Rams. We may see some shootouts upcoming boys if Darnold can stop seeing ghosts. I’m buying everywhere I have room.

Edited by Tomei7
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, Tomei7 said:

The very intriguing part of his size/talent and the gut feeling he’s gonna be special right away if given opportunity and get better play from the QB position. Mims is 6’3” 215, he’s a speed demon who runs a 4.3, has hands like glue, reminds of a mixture of Julio Jones and AJ Green in his prime. I overlooked Mims because he was absent all season due to injury and on the lowly Jets but the dude is a stud and I think he could end up being the best rookie WR in this class, problem is.....as everyone already knows, is Gase and the QB play, Darnold hasn’t played very well this season but he’s also played against some of the toughest defenses out there with really no weapons to throw to besides Crowder for 2 games, they’ve played BUF2x,SF,IND,and DEN. I’ve heard Gase has relinquished playcalling duties so maybe Mims has a shot of showcasing his talents if Darnold can play better. Darnold missed a wide open Mims for a 10yd walk in TD against BUF, in full PPR he could of finished with 16pts with 7 targets in his 1st game of action. I’m also taking into consideration the possibility that maybe the Jets will start to play better, they almost upset BUF and they play against some of the softest defenses ROS besides Chiefs and Rams. We may see some shootouts upcoming boys if Darnold can stop seeing ghosts. I’m buying everywhere I have room.

His measurables are insane.

But again, it's the Jets so who knows. This idiot coaching staff loves feeding the ball to JAGs and letting actually good players rot.

2 minutes ago, MingusDew said:

But again, it's the Jets so who knows. This idiot coaching staff loves feeding the ball to JAGs and letting actually good players rot.

I agree, look at Robbie Anderson now, hopefully the Jets realize what they have and feed this kid. 

11 minutes ago, MingusDew said:

I was super high on the kid coming into the pre season. Watchlist everywhere

Then the injury happened, & we seen the Jets play for the first time .. Just fell off my radar.

He's uber talented, but Darnold + Adam Gase give me no confidence whatsoever. 

Just pepper the kid with 10 targets & let him go to work.