NBC Sports Edge Forums

Denzel Mims 2020 Outlook

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I couldn’t read past this paradox. Tried.

According to a tweet by Pat Mayo, and referenced on The Athletic Fantasy Football Podcast by Jake Ciely: Since 2005 there have been 17 times that a team has been a 14.5 + underdog. In those games

The very intriguing part of his size/talent and the gut feeling he’s gonna be special right away if given opportunity and get better play from the QB position. Mims is 6’3” 207, he’s a speed demon who

Expectations for every Mims owner out there should be next to nothing. Keep them there and let a Jets player potentially surprise you. 

Gase called a fade for Mims near the goal line last week, so they obviously wanna get him involved. However, I think the best case scenario for anybody who has this guy on their bench moving forward is that the Jets get blown out by 3-4+ TDs this week and Gase gets the boot. 

6 hours ago, next big thing cp84 said:

Expectations for every Mims owner out there should be next to nothing. Keep them there and let a Jets player potentially surprise you. 

Gase called a fade for Mims near the goal line last week, so they obviously wanna get him involved. However, I think the best case scenario for anybody who has this guy on their bench moving forward is that the Jets get blown out by 3-4+ TDs this week and Gase gets the boot. 

Gase wasn’t calling plays last game, he relinquished play calling duties. But I agree and hope he gets fired, doubt it tho. I’m pretty sure NYJ already expect to lose by 3-4tds to the Chiefs, but they did almost upset the Bills last week.

• 3 weeks later...

I am in. I think Perriman might be the slightly better play, but both run plenty of routes and deep stuff...at least the NYJ tackles seem to be back this week, might afford more time for deep shots...I think Mims might be a pretty good receiver too, he has some solid traits.

There's all kinds of positives leaking out on Mims. 

Don't have the specific data points, but I believe he's had 3 consecutive games with 8+ targets and 60+ receiving yards. That's pretty amazing consistency for a rookie on a cruddy team. Think his average depth is up there as well. They are taking shots down the field with him so his ceiling is high.

The LV matchup is decent and maybe Darnold can get his head on straight a bit. If he can prove at least mediocre this week against a LV D that can hardly pressure the QB we'll be in business.

Don't like the weather forecast though. Looks a tad windy. 

• Like 1