NBC Sports Edge Forums

Michael Pittman Jr. 2020 Outlook

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Plus if you put TY Hilton and Parris Campbell together you get Paris Hilton. What does that mean? Nothing but hey, almost no one is paying attention to this thread so why not?

rookie wide receivers used to be horrible bets. Rules have changed and times have changed. Look at hall of famers: Cris Carter 84 yds, 2 TD Terrell Owens, 520-4, Harrison 836-8 (not bad

Damn, Michael Pittman having a son in the NFL makes me feel old.

Posted Images

8 hours ago, Spyplane said:

Plus if you put TY Hilton and Parris Campbell together you get Paris Hilton. What does that mean? Nothing but hey, almost no one is paying attention to this thread so why not?

this is the take of the year 😂

• Haha 1
13 minutes ago, brosephd said:

hows river's arm? does he throw ducks or can still throw the long bomb

his arm looked pretty cooked last season.  So long bombs arnt very promising.  But with Campbell out and Hilton seemingly fading, his a big skilled bodied wr and rivers get the job done in the passing game.  I’m sold.  Or just can’t let rivers capabilities let go... one or the other 

I was in on Paris Campbell but I'm not sold on Pittman.  Someone has to catch balls in Indy, but there seems to be a mixed view on where this kid lines up.  The consensus seems to be that the slot is where you want to be with Rivers.  Some feel Pittman might end up outside.    If you have the space take the flyer, but I'm not as juiced for Pittman as I was for Paris.

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, dicka24 said:

I was in on Paris Campbell but I'm not sold on Pittman.  Someone has to catch balls in Indy, but there seems to be a mixed view on where this kid lines up.  The consensus seems to be that the slot is where you want to be with Rivers.  Some feel Pittman might end up outside.    If you have the space take the flyer, but I'm not as juiced for Pittman as I was for Paris.

Pittman was known as a possession receiver when coming into the league. Don't let his frame and athleticism fool you.

28 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

Pittman was known as a possession receiver when coming into the league. Don't let his frame and athleticism fool you.

That was part of the concern of the pundits on XM.  That they may push Pittman outside because of the pieces they have there in Indy at the moment (Pascal playing the slot), and he's likely to be far less effective there.  The point by these guys was that as a slot he's very appealing.  If he gets stuck on the outside out of need or roster composition, then he isn't as appealing.  He's on the wire in my 12 teamer and I might take a flyer just to see how he's treated on Sunday. 

Rumor is Pittman had surgery, best outlook is week 8 return.    This team is running out of healthy bodies.  Campbell will be back before Pittman , so his chance is pretty much over to stick as the #2 option with the Colts.

Drop city

Edited by Sivaro
4 minutes ago, DekuTree said:

Dude almost lost his leg, can they just put him on IR already? He and Lazard are really hamstringing my dynasty squad by having like 5+ week injuries and not getting the designation... 

Don't let anyone tell you that "The Secret" doesn't work - put those wishes out into the universe. 

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Colts activated WR Michael Pittman (calf) from injured reserve.

Pittman is expected to play Sunday after returning to practice this week. He's missed the last four games recovering from surgery to repair compartment leg syndrome. Pittman's snaps may be limited against Detroit, but his presence should help in the redzone.

Anyone have some thoughts on how he will stack up with snaps, targets, and RZ opportunities short and longer term?

Pittman was playing in excess of 70% of the snaps before the injury. He was leading the team in targets and red zone looks in weeks 2&3 before going down with injury.

Excited as I just scored him on my 20 team league...

Edited by mar111kle
On 9/28/2020 at 6:19 PM, Sivaro said:

Rumor is Pittman had surgery, best outlook is week 8 return.    This team is running out of healthy bodies.  Campbell will be back before Pittman , so his chance is pretty much over to stick as the #2 option with the Colts.

Drop city

When is Campbell due back?

Trying to figure out the WR pecking order in Indy now.  Campbell may not be back anytime soon, Hilton has clearly lost something, & Pascal is OK in spots. Pittman seems to fill a need as a big target for Rivers like Vincent Jackson or Malcom Floyd, but the emergence of Marcus Johnson is been interesting.  He got off to a slow & unimpressive start, so where does Pittman fit here? 

Could he be a decent dart throw this week? TY is likely out (ruled out last week, 2 straight DNPs, and a division game on TNF), and Marcus Johnson also was downgraded to a DNP yesterday (and he's quietly been really good this year). Ashton Dulin, a depth WR, also 2 straight DNPs. It's tough to trust Rivers & the passing distro in this offense with how much they target RB's and TE's, but if he's the last standing outside WR against the Ravens with no Humphrey, could see him getting into the end zone.