NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Michael Pittman Jr. 2020 Outlook

jay_00

1 hour ago, BennyStocks said:

Keep an eye out for him tonight. I'm guessing he's gonna have a good game against the second worst passing defense in the NFL.

this is good advice. He's been popping up on my radar the last week or so. Indy's offense obviously isn't exciting but he's a high draft pick and he's starting to get targets.

Colts fans I’ve seen on forums and YouTube are very high on the guy for what it’s worth. Had a rough start but is great in YAC which goes great with Philip Rivers. Has a very nice schedule ahead, I think he’s a good sit in your bench this week and see how he performs tonight. 

TY is back so it should be informative if they still look his way like last week 

Edited by Breesus

1 hour ago, Breesus said:

Colts fans I’ve seen on forums and YouTube are very high on the guy for what it’s worth. Had a rough start but is great in YAC which goes great with Philip Rivers. Has a very nice schedule ahead, I think he’s a good sit in your bench this week and see how he performs tonight. 

TY is back so it should be informative if they still look his way like last week 

I hope they include Pittman also today. He's a really good player. Some side info: His dad won a Super Bowl.

Pedigree. Measurables. Eye test. Check, check and check. Glad I hung onto him. He's moved into FLEX territory and may be higher in a few weeks.

Edit: Let's remember that he went before JT even though JT got all the fantasy hype. Things may have turned here though.

Edited by Spyplane
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, BennyStocks said:

Keep an eye out for him tonight. I'm guessing he's gonna have a good game against the second worst passing defense in the NFL.

I was glad I saw this coming, I think he's gonna develop more and more to become an every week Flex/WR spot in our fantasy game.

3 hours ago, Tghetty said:

He’s good, but with rivers spread gl 

Rivers will keep going to someone he trusts. Keenan Allen has been a PPR top dog for years. MPJ is a really big dude but he's know for his route running. Last week could be the start, not a blip.

Edited by Spyplane

7 hours ago, brosephd said:

hot add?

He looked great, but I think you have to consider the opponent. Seahawks and Titans are very giving. Rivers looked his way often, so you have to consider WR3/Flex, definitely worth a spot on most any ones roster.

• Like 1

On 11/14/2020 at 8:46 AM, mjb said:

He looked great, but I think you have to consider the opponent. Seahawks and Titans are very giving. Rivers looked his way often, so you have to consider WR3/Flex, definitely worth a spot on most any ones roster.

43 minutes ago, shaolincage said:

Anyone else taking a flier on him? He looked pretty good and indy’s next matchups look like there will be lots of passing (where able) 

GB this week then couple of bottom barrel defenses Indy faces: Tenn, Houston 2x with Las Vegas mixed in.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, shaolincage said:

Anyone else taking a flier on him? He looked pretty good and indy’s next matchups look like there will be lots of passing (where able) 

I've had him on my bench since before he went on IR. So yeah. You can get all the details on why he's a stud in the making from the early pages of the thread.

Any thoughts on this guy vs Campbell once he's back? I like both Pittman and Campbell. Campbell had 9 targets for 71 yards in the first game before he got hurt and seem to have a good connection with Rivers. [...] Hopefully Pittman can build on this and develop further with Rivers and build his trust.

My worry is when everyone is healthy there are too many mouths to feed. I'd really like to find out who is INDY's true WR1 as I want him on my team.  So for now rolling with Pittman but I do wonder about Campbell when he is back.

[...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed assistant coach content

1 hour ago, Big Nate said:

Any thoughts on this guy vs Campbell once he's back? I like both Pittman and Campbell. Campbell had 9 targets for 71 yards in the first game before he got hurt and seem to have a good connection with Rivers. [...] Hopefully Pittman can build on this and develop further with Rivers and build his trust.

My worry is when everyone is healthy there are too many mouths to feed. I'd really like to find out who is INDY's true WR1 as I want him on my team.  So for now rolling with Pittman but I do wonder about Campbell when he is back.

[...]

Campbell coming back this year?

20 minutes ago, Travis Burten said:

Campbell coming back this year?

That is a good question. Initially he was supposed to be back right around this time. But there hasn't been any word so maybe his injury was more serious? Just watch he will be back this week to add confusion to this whole mess. If he is out ROS that would be great for Pittman to hopefully establish himself in the offense.

Definitely worth a stash. Philip Rivers looked best when throwing to Vincent Jackson, Gates, and Malcolm Floyd in that big man Charger's era. I kind of thought this guy would be N'Keal Harry 2.0 coming into this year, but he's shown he's already better than that stinker. Definitely want to see a bit more consistency, but he might be a great play heading towards playoffs.