Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

J.K. Dobbins 2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

I’m not buying the crowded backfield argument and I’m not banking on a healthy Mark Ingram.  League winner if Ingram gets hurt.  Dynasty treasure, top 2 or 3 option.  They will be ahead in many games and want to protect their stud qb.  PFF #2 offensive line in ‘19.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

C’mon man....u been doubting JK this whole time, and giving people bad advice to drop him. Now all of a sudden u own him?? Lmao

getting a taste of dobbins and then getting covid is similar to just the tip and no nut. The teasing needs to stop.

Damn he's got receipts

Posted Images

RIP Gus Edwards Hype Train 2018 - 2020.

Seriously I think they will struggle to keep more than 3 backs on game days.

Ingram will still be the guy with his pass-blocking ability. But otherwise Dobbins is shaping up to be everything we wanted Justice Hill to be last year.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Assuming health for everyone, I see a shared backfield this year with Dobbins taking over next year forward.  Ingram is over 30 and while he doesn't have a ton of tread on the tires, RBs fall off a cliff after 30 so I can see one more decent year from Ingram this year before they utilize Dobbins as the horse next year.  Priority pick in dynasty.

For re-draft, I would gladly have him as my RB3 because I think he'll be FLEX worthy some weeks with a healthy Ingram, and has the ability to be a monster if Ingram goes down.  

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Fort4242 said:

Assuming health for everyone, I see a shared backfield this year with Dobbins taking over next year forward.  Ingram is over 30 and while he doesn't have a ton of tread on the tires, RBs fall off a cliff after 30 so I can see one more decent year from Ingram this year before they utilize Dobbins as the horse next year.  Priority pick in dynasty.

For re-draft, I would gladly have him as my RB3 because I think he'll be FLEX worthy some weeks with a healthy Ingram, and has the ability to be a monster if Ingram goes down.  


Ingram still has two yrs left on his deal. Unless Baltimore trades or cuts him after this season, Dobbins will have to wait until 2022 to take over. And I’m not convinced Dobbins is a better RB than Ingram. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:


Ingram still has two yrs left on his deal. Unless Baltimore trades or cuts him after this season, Dobbins will have to wait until 2022 to take over. And I’m not convinced Dobbins is a better RB than Ingram. 

Technically yes...but not really.   He can be cut after the 2020 season for only 1.3M dead cap.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Still reeling over the Steelers passing on Dobbins, just unreal...I feel we really couldve built nicely around him going forward. Gotta say Ravens have done amazing with the team they've been building the last few years

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Technically yes...but not really.   He can be cut after the 2020 season for only 1.3M dead cap.


Well that’s why I said “unless Baltimore trades or cuts him after this season.” Lol. :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Fort4242 said:

Assuming health for everyone, I see a shared backfield this year with Dobbins taking over next year forward.  Ingram is over 30 and while he doesn't have a ton of tread on the tires, RBs fall off a cliff after 30 so I can see one more decent year from Ingram this year before they utilize Dobbins as the horse next year.  Priority pick in dynasty.

For re-draft, I would gladly have him as my RB3 because I think he'll be FLEX worthy some weeks with a healthy Ingram, and has the ability to be a monster if Ingram goes down.  

 

This is about where I'm at.  There's no reason to just cast Ingram aside- they'll split and they'll get solid miles out of a still useful Ingram.  Let the vet go after this year and use the cheap labor instead.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:


Well that’s why I said “unless Baltimore trades or cuts him after this season.” Lol. :) 

The point was it is unlikely that the Ravens wait until 2022 to let their young RB handle the load. That backfield will be his in 2021, if not earlier.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/25/2020 at 6:51 AM, DeliciousGravy said:

RIP Gus Edwards Hype Train 2018 - 2020.

Seriously I think they will struggle to keep more than 3 backs on game days.

Ingram will still be the guy with his pass-blocking ability. But otherwise Dobbins is shaping up to be everything we wanted Justice Hill to be last year.

There was a Gus Edwards hype train?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Gus had a nickname and everything.

As for Dobbins, this is probably a worst-case scenario for his short term outlook, but could quite possibly be a best-case scenario for 2021 and beyond.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, devaster said:

The point was it is unlikely that the Ravens wait until 2022 to let their young RB handle the load. That backfield will be his in 2021, if not earlier.


It might be his in 2021 but not sooner, imo. I’m not convinced it’ll be his in 2021 either just yet. And no, I don’t any shares of Ingram, lol. :) 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Gus had a nickname and everything.

As for Dobbins, this is probably a worst-case scenario for his short term outlook, but could quite possibly be a best-case scenario for 2021 and beyond.

I love these forums.  2nd best offensive line, #1 rushing team, will be ahead in most games, one of the best head coaches the game, and 2nd round draft capital.  Yet, it’s probably a worst case scenario landing in Baltimore.  God bless you!  

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Strike Three said:

I love these forums.  2nd best offensive line, #1 rushing team, will be ahead in most games, one of the best head coaches the game, and 2nd round draft capital.  Yet, it’s probably a worst case scenario landing in Baltimore.  God bless you!  

 

Look at it this way. You have 2 bars you can go into:
- one has some very beautiful women. However, there's 3 guys for every woman in there. 
- one has some average women, but there's no guy in sight.
Which one do you choose? 

The moral of the story is, I guess: don't go drinking in Baltimore.

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

 

Look at it this way. You have 2 bars you can go into:
- one has some very beautiful women. However, there's 3 guys for every woman in there. 
- one has some average women, but there's no guy in sight.
Which one do you choose? 

The moral of the story is, I guess: don't go drinking in Baltimore.

Fair, but JK Dobbins against Clemson looked like the kind of guy who could go into the first bar and not go home alone.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Strike Three said:

I love these forums.  2nd best offensive line, #1 rushing team, will be ahead in most games, one of the best head coaches the game, and 2nd round draft capital.  Yet, it’s probably a worst case scenario landing in Baltimore.  God bless you!  

Worst case scenario for short term (2020 season) because there is an established starter ahead of him.  If Dobbins had gone to Miami or Tampa or LAR, he would likely have started right away and been a better bet for immediate production.

If the Jets had taken Dobbins, it still would have been better in the short term because then I think the Jets would probably cut Bell and eat his bloated salary.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Forgot Yanda retired until I read the DJ Fluker blurb.

Slight damper on this running game.  Probably not enough to kill enthusiasm for Ingram/Dobbins given the rest of the situation, but something to consider.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean Gus Edwards still got 133 carries last year.  IMO he was the CLEAR back-up to Ingram.  Someone like Dobbins who they spent significant draft capital on, I could see earning a bigger piece than Gus last year.  Maybe 150-160 carries?  Especially if Lamar runs a bit less - 160-175 carries?  Ingram can be cut after this season and save the team $5mm in cap space, so I imagine Dobbins is the legacy plan for next season to replace a will be 31 year old RB.  For re-draft, I'm not spending high capital on Dobbins.  But for dynasty, this guy could make an argument for #1 pick.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • tonycpsu changed the title to J.K. Dobbins 2020 Outlook
  • tonycpsu locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...