NBC Sports Edge Forums

J.K. Dobbins 2020 Outlook

1 minute ago, Wyzzil said:

I have to start him too due to byes and deaths, but I'm at peace with it honestly. 

Damn bruh, I’m in a big money league myself but this ain’t that serious....Lol.

• Haha 1
  • Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

C’mon man....u been doubting JK this whole time, and giving people bad advice to drop him. Now all of a sudden u own him?? Lmao

getting a taste of dobbins and then getting covid is similar to just the tip and no nut. The teasing needs to stop.

Damn he's got receipts

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Wyzzil said:

I have to start him too due to byes and deaths, but I'm at peace with it honestly. Yeah it's the Steelers, but they no longer have Bush's speed out there and the last team that gave Lamar real issues this season was the Chiefs by getting creative with their coverages and blitzes. This forced the Ravens to barely throw the ball and ended up leaving Dobby open constantly, Lamar just didn't go through his progressions. Dobby still ended up accounting for 4 receptions and half of Lamar's passing yards that game. I think the Steelers will try to terrorize Lamar the same way just like last year and I feel pretty good that this coaching staff learned from the chiefs game and will get Dobby more chances after the bye. There's chances to be had for him, even in this game. 

Dobby :lol:

• Haha 2
16 minutes ago, The G Man said:

No Ingram and weather may be a factor.

Anyone rolling the dice with Dobbins today?

I want to...... decisions decisions

doing it... if there is going to be a week they let the rookie eat, this is it

This is in a flex spot over Ruggs.. the CLE secondary is sooo bad but it is soooooo windy. 

Edited by AngryBeavers
1 minute ago, Everynameistaken said:

Lamar was making some dumbass read today could had been a much bigger game.

I actually noticed this too. 

Say what you want about Lamar's throwing accuracy. The biggest regression I've seen from him this year is in his decision making. Not only in the read option, but going through his downfield progression as well. Everything feels rushed.

• Like 2
31 minutes ago, Everynameistaken said:

Lamar was making some dumbass read today could had been a much bigger game.

28 minutes ago, USWAY said:

I actually noticed this too. 

Say what you want about Lamar's throwing accuracy. The biggest regression I've seen from him this year is in his decision making. Not only in the read option, but going through his downfield progression as well. Everything feels rushed.

That's because he's a selfish player. He wants all the glory. 

Dobbins looked good against a stingy Pitt D. Another tough match-up next week, but he'll be Flex-worthy IMO. 

• Like 2
5 hours ago, The G Man said:

That's because he's a selfish player. He wants all the glory. 

Dobbins looked good against a stingy Pitt D. Another tough match-up next week, but he'll be Flex-worthy IMO. 

For real they were so many played he should have pass or let the rb take the ball but his dumbass wanted to run it

Dobbins is the real deal, IMO he’s the best RB in this rookie class, he can do it all, very well rounded RB. Wish Ravens would let this dude eat more he could be a RB1 if given the opportunity.

• Like 4

It was the post BYE bump that many of us thought was possible:

7.5 YPC (against freaking PIT!)

4.3 yards after contact per attempt (according to PFF)

7 forced missed tackles too

I think Ingram sits at least another 2 weeks, hopefully it is enough time for him to show that any week he doesn't get 15+ attempts is just poor form? But honestly this feels like a headache situation between the 3 backs shortly--esp with Lamar being a 1 read then eyes down and run guy, who also never looks for backs in the check down.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

It was the post BYE bump that many of us thought was possible:

7.5 YPC (against freaking PIT!)

4.3 yards after contact per attempt (according to PFF)

7 forced missed tackles too

I think Ingram sits at least another 2 weeks, hopefully it is enough time for him to show that any week he doesn't get 15+ attempts is just poor form? But honestly this feels like a headache situation between the 3 backs shortly--esp with Lamar being a 1 read then eyes down and run guy, who also never looks for backs in the check down.

Yeah the problem isn't as much Ingram right now as it is Edwards, Dobbins looked elite but Gus had a good day too.

It's probably a 60/40 split for Dobbins until Ingram gets back, he'll have to continue to produce and Gus will have to slow down for him to stranglehold the job, otherwise it's an RBBC for the rest of the year, and he can produce Flex/RB2 with that but he won't be an RB if it falls that way.

Last game prove that dobbin is their best player maker next to Lamar(and thats debatable RN). They got some tough schedule coming up  and their offense as currently isn't looking like a contender at the moment. Dobbins talents in all level would help open up the offense and take some pressure off Lamar. Its really make no sense to let Lamar keep getting hits at this moment in the season if they plan to make deep playoff runs. Hopefully coaching staff saw this in pits game and make adjustment by featuring dobbin more. 

Here is a fun stat:

52 RBs that have at least 50 touches this season and J.K. leads all in missed tackle rate per touch at 32.7%

Last overall (52nd) is Ingram at 5.7%

And Gus...well he is 47th overall

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2