NBC Sports Edge Forums

J.K. Dobbins 2020 Outlook

Gus bus looked pretty good as well but Dobbins is going to be a star in this league. I'm not sure we get the full breakout this season but he is going to be a really good one. Just have to hope the Ravens decide to unleash him. I'd still guess Ingram will surely get his slice when he comes back. Hopefully he can force their hand some before Ingram gets back. He'll be that difference maker down the stretch everyone was hoping for if he gets the chance. It's just hard to assume he'll get it. 

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

C’mon man....u been doubting JK this whole time, and giving people bad advice to drop him. Now all of a sudden u own him?? Lmao

getting a taste of dobbins and then getting covid is similar to just the tip and no nut. The teasing needs to stop.

Damn he's got receipts

Posted Images

34 minutes ago, Gmen07 said:

Dobbins 54 snaps

Edwards 26 snaps

Hopefully that snap share continues next week.

Thanks for the update. Dobbins got the work. Dobbins delivered with the work. As owners, this is all that we can ask for.

Arrow point up especially with Ingram likely to miss at least one more week.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, USWAY said:

We have to hope Ingram is relegated to cheerleader from the bench when he comes back. Rotation looked better with two backs anyway.

I hope so too but doubtful. Ingram is a big part of Ravens culture.

Blows ... Dobbins looks amazing with the rock in his hands.

3 hours ago, RunCMC said:

I hope so too but doubtful. Ingram is a big part of Ravens culture.

Blows ... Dobbins looks amazing with the rock in his hands.

Very true.

At the same time, I can see Ingram slipping to 3rd in the rotation.  Keep him as nominal starter, give him 5-10 carries, but make Dobbins a feature guy.

Doesn't mean JK will start getting 20 touches/game, just that he's likely to get 10+ consistently with a shot at 20+ depending on flow.

Baltimore is a smart organization with a good coaching staff.  They're more than capable of seeing their deficiencies and adjusting going forward.  Job #1 right now is getting Lamar to make better reads.  Doing that means making the game simpler for him.  Dobbins is clearly the most likely to help do that, and I expect him to get a lot more work from here out.

It won't be as consistent/predictable as we'd like, but it will make him playable.  Not reliable, but worth putting on your flex as better than a total dart throw.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, JAG said:

Could be he hears and reads what fans are saying, that they'd like for him to stay on the sideline.

Probably bingo on this one. He's hearing the noise about how he isn't good anymore, etc.

A lot of the experts are acting like Dobbins is gonna run away with this thing. I hope they are right.

9 hours ago, Everynameistaken said:

or he switch to geico

2 hours ago, Benjamin1984 said:

Probably bingo on this one. He's hearing the noise about how he isn't good anymore, etc.

A lot of the experts are acting like Dobbins is gonna run away with this thing. I hope they are right.

You sure bingo. @everynameistaken def nailed it.

It's definitely the crap from fans. Unfortunately, but let's hope for anything but that ;)

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, thebadferret said:

So are the Steelers.

Yeah the Steelers were top 3 before last week and the Ravens ran all over them. I think when you have Lamar back there and the Ravens commit to running it, it's pretty difficult to stop regardless of matchup.

2 minutes ago, USWAY said:

Yeah the Steelers were top 3 before last week and the Ravens ran all over them. I think when you have Lamar back there and the Ravens commit to running it, it's pretty difficult to stop regardless of matchup.

steelers were #1 run defense prior to giving up 250+ yards to the ravens. But I agree with you, the ravens offense is really hard to stop on the ground.

Unfortunetly Lamar couldn't pull it off through the air.
Maybe he could find back to passing by starting short with passing a little bit to a RB. Maybe even a Rookie RB ;) 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, thebadferret said:

steelers were #1 run defense prior to giving up 250+ yards to the ravens. But I agree with you, the ravens offense is really hard to stop on the ground.

Unfortunetly Lamar couldn't pull it off through the air.
Maybe he could find back to passing by starting short with passing a little bit to a RB. Maybe even a Rookie RB ;) 

They lost devin bush. That really hurt them in the run game imo

3 minutes ago, sasnumberonefan said:

This guy is going to win so many leagues. Absolutely electric, it is so easy to see he is the best back in Baltimore. 

If Ingram gets traded or continues to get injured ur statement will come to fruition. Grabbed him off waivers last week, I was surprised he was dropped.