NBC Sports Edge Forums

J.K. Dobbins 2020 Outlook

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

C’mon man....u been doubting JK this whole time, and giving people bad advice to drop him. Now all of a sudden u own him?? Lmao

getting a taste of dobbins and then getting covid is similar to just the tip and no nut. The teasing needs to stop.

Damn he's got receipts

Posted Images

[...]

4 hours ago, JJ1223 said:

After seeing what the Indy D did to the Lions run game last week, I'd for sure be fading him this week.  Now, Detroit is not Baltimore, to be sure, but Indy completely erased the Lions run game.  Like, deleted it.  It wasn't there.

That said, I'm still holding him for the playoff schedule.  One of the best late-season stashes out there, IMO.

This hold no weight matt Patricia is one of the worst coaches. They gave swift only 6 attempts all game. 
That coaching staff keeps thinking running old AP is a good idea when they have a young rookie who’s obviously shown he can catch and run. 
I doubt Indy will shut down ravens run game. Not to mention the reason it’s easier for gus and dobbins to run is because they have lamar. 
lamar Can take off at any moment. That alone will keep a defense off balance 

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story
  • Like 1

After seeing what the Indy D did to the Lions run game last week, I'd for sure be fading him this week.  Now, Detroit is not Baltimore, to be sure, but Indy completely erased the Lions run game.  Like, deleted it.  It wasn't there.

That said, I'm still holding him for the playoff schedule.  One of the best late-season stashes out there, IMO.

You must haven’t watched this kid play....Detroit Oline and RBs shouldn’t be a comparison, Ravens run game and Oline is a whole different ball game. 

I'd be careful using that logic.  That game was an outlier for both Pittsburgh AND Dobbins.  Banking on it repeating is asking for trouble.  I'd rather have him pop on my bench than lay a turd in my lineup.

An outlier? <—-U lost me on that one. Wow once again u must’ve not watched this kid play. Dobbins is special and that was not an outlier, far from it, and this all coming from a Steelers diehard. If he gets opportunity he will not lay an egg, u can cash that one at the bank.

Edited by Tomei7
  • Like 3
9 hours ago, Foppatosakic said:

That snap count is telling, a peak in tbe future of the Ravens backfield. Can't help but think they'd want to expedite the process and let Dobbins free.

Edwards did hurt his knee and was out a bit so not really sure the snap counts tells the whole story 100% I believe it was like 90% true though. It was getting closer to half time if I remember correctly so it was more hurry up vs not being hurry up.  So you'd think Dobbins would have been in there but this is the same team that kept running ingram out there even though he wasn't getting many yards. So I dunno lol

Lamar can’t throw a football and hit water from a boat this season. Feels like Roman’s “evolving” comment means they are going to adapt to their strengths. JK is there best RB so ...

Edited by FreakFries
  • Like 1
13 hours ago, Tomei7 said:

An outlier? <—-U lost me on that one. Wow once again u must’ve not watched this kid play. Dobbins is special and that was not an outlier, far from it, and this all coming from a Steelers diehard. If he gets opportunity he will not lay an egg, u can cash that one at the bank.

I have him on my team, too.  I want him to put up numbers just as much as you do.  I'm not saying he's not good, I'm just suggesting you temper expectations a bit.  A guy who's never had more than 48 yards running it up on two of the best run defense in the league on back to back weeks is just improbable.

58 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

I have him on my team, too.  I want him to put up numbers just as much as you do.  I'm not saying he's not good, I'm just suggesting you temper expectations a bit.  A guy who's never had more than 48 yards running it up on two of the best run defense in the league on back to back weeks is just improbable.

He won't be just taking handoffs, he's more than Edwards in that regard. He's the pass catching back as well. Dobbins is on the rise!

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, RoseLin23 said:

He won't be just taking handoffs, he's more than Edwards in that regard. He's the pass catching back as well. Dobbins is on the rise!

Lamar is not much of a check down guy. I do think Dobbins will get more burn/look better than Gus (again) this weekend, tough D be damned. 

2 hours ago, JJ1223 said:

He was barely getting touches in a messy 3-way backfield. How do you expect him to put up numbers ?

The Ravens coaching staff have lost their minds. Get this damn offense back to where it was last year.

Pound the damn the rock & the rest will fall into place. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

What's risky this start or ROS? Or both 

This start .. I want to see it two weeks in a row since most of his runs came on option handoffs. Maybe that’s what defenses will do and take away Lamar. Hopefully they do it’s better for us

7 minutes ago, FantasyGuru24 said:

This start .. I want to see it two weeks in a row since most of his runs came on option handoffs. Maybe that’s what defenses will do and take away Lamar. Hopefully they do it’s better for us

That’s fine and all but after this week Ingram might be back so you’re missing on a golden opportunity to play him at the flex. Every start is risk tbh cus anything could happen. 
so might as well throw him up there. Unless of course you have insanely good options. In a 12-14 team league of definitely play him 

12 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

And Gus (even while having his moments)...well he is 47th overall in this particular metric.

While we can't ever assume rational coaching, at some point they are going to unleash this kid, fully.

6 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

And Gus (even while having his moments)...well he is 47th overall in this particular metric.

While we can't ever assume rational coaching, at some point they are going to unleash this kid, fully.

This dude is truly special, I’m getting Nick Chubb vibes all over again.

Remember when he led the league in missed tackles, forgot if it was his rookie or sophomore year. 

Seeing a similar trajectory for Dobbins. 

• Like 1