NBC Sports Edge Forums

J.K. Dobbins 2020 Outlook

12 minutes ago, The G Man said:

Was so hoping last week was going to be his breakout/emergence week. But, not to be. 

Can't cut him. Can only stash him and hope that things change in his favor moving forward. 

Just don't get what Harbs & Company don't see or understand with this kid. He needs more PT, and touches!

+ 1

Mhmm, disappointed myself.

Now Ingram on the cusp of returning as well. 

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

C’mon man....u been doubting JK this whole time, and giving people bad advice to drop him. Now all of a sudden u own him?? Lmao

getting a taste of dobbins and then getting covid is similar to just the tip and no nut. The teasing needs to stop.

Damn he's got receipts

Posted Images

The comparison for Dobbins that Ravens fans have always looked to was Ray Rice.  And his usage so far is mirroring how the Ravens utilized Rice in his first year (when he shared the backfield with Willis McGahee and Le'Ron McLain).  Funny enough, it was even Rice's 8th game where he went off in his rookie year (https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/R/RiceRa00/gamelog/2008/).  I wouldn't say Dobbins is a lost cause this year, but barring injury I doubt he's going to be escaping the rotation this year barring maybe a couple brief instances of riding the hot hand if it's him.  Next year, I would be lining up to BUY BUY BUY though.

Edited by Illusion_J
  • Like 1
29 minutes ago, timexsocialclub said:

Apparently the Ravens forgot they had a 1st round grade on this guy.

They did the same thing with Ray Rice his first year (him and Ray were both pick #55 overall in the draft as well ironically enough).

• Like 1

I'm absolutely BF'd with byes this week and forced to start him.  Hope is that Baltimore takes an early lead and runs most of the 2nd half.  Could be a good spot to give the rookie some run while keeping stress on Mark low coming off injury.  I'm not exactly optimistic but I guess there are worse guys I could be forced into starting.

Ok i have to ask: does it really matter whether Ingram plays or not? I mean I was watching the game last week and Edwards got all of the goaline carries after fumbling. Basically you re relying on big plays (not that he's not talented to have such plays, but you re rolling the dice). I don't think hes startable unless you have a serious issue at rb, in which case you don't really have a choice regardless of whether Ingram is back or not.

I really want Dobbins to happen this year but BAL is a committee right now

12 minutes ago, bennie905 said:

Ok i have to ask: does it really matter whether Ingram plays or not? I mean I was watching the game last week and Edwards got all of the goaline carries after fumbling. Basically you re relying on big plays (not that he's not talented to have such plays, but you re rolling the dice). I don't think hes startable unless you have a serious issue at rb, in which case you don't really have a choice regardless of whether Ingram is back or not.

I really want Dobbins to happen this year but BAL is a committee right now

Yes.  He gets more carries with Ingram out.

Just now, FitzMagic said:

I hate JLC more than anyone but there could be something to this.  Why would he make such a farfetched claim if there wasn't some validity to it?  Usually these beat guys make a claim about something that was probably likely to happen anyway so it makes them look like they had an inside scoop.  There is nothing to indicate the Ravens will give Dobbins a lions share of carries so JLC would be making himself look like even more of a tool if it didn't come to fruition.