NBC Sports Edge Forums

J.K. Dobbins 2020 Outlook

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

C’mon man....u been doubting JK this whole time, and giving people bad advice to drop him. Now all of a sudden u own him?? Lmao

getting a taste of dobbins and then getting covid is similar to just the tip and no nut. The teasing needs to stop.

Damn he's got receipts

Posted Images

1 minute ago, The G Man said:

In a vacuum that may sound god for Dobbins second half value, but I have a hard time buying in for tonight's game with Ingram coming back.

People said this all year. 🤷‍♂️

I fail to see the logic in this. Lamar and Gus will continue to get RB plays.  Both are redzone 1 and 1A.

Basically for Dobbins to “emerge” Gus will need to be phased out entirely because the playbook base premise is QB runs.  Not worried about Ingram.  But having said that he will also get some RB snaps which splits the pie even more.

• Like 1

What a dud. As long as there is a 4 rb rotation including Lamar Jackson who has half the carries per game this will be a headache of a carousel. The only good I saw was dobbins was always in during the 2 minute offense they trust him enough for pass protection. I’m holding but he’s staying on the bench.

13 minutes ago, sillylung said:

What a dud. As long as there is a 4 rb rotation including Lamar Jackson who has half the carries per game this will be a headache of a carousel. The only good I saw was dobbins was always in during the 2 minute offense they trust him enough for pass protection. I’m holding but he’s staying on the bench.

Make it 5, since Hill was in there as well. A few snaps pretty early in the game too. These coaches are idiots. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, StephenCurryIsABaller said:

Is he worth holding on to at this point?

At this point I don't think so.... It really just depends what is on the waiver but chances are you could improve this dart/ lotto ticket. The Ravens seem poised to split carriers between the three backs and then throw in Lamar and you have 3 backs that are not startable. 

8 minutes ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

At this point I don't think so.... It really just depends what is on the waiver but chances are you could improve this dart/ lotto ticket. The Ravens seem poised to split carriers between the three backs and then throw in Lamar and you have 3 backs that are not startable. 

I agree with all of this in a re-draft. I have him in all three of my keeper/dynasty leagues and will hold. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, CABLE87 said:

Keeper/dynasty leagues should be a hold, I believe in the talent, it is there, just not enough opportunity this year, next year should be very different

This has to be the worst backfield to have any shares in, nobody has any value with the way they split carries and Lamar consistently running the ball. I don't really see any keeper value either, what's going to change for next year? I don't see Lamar become a pocket passer and Gus Edwards probably isn't going anywhere. I could see them letting Ingram go though.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

This has to be the worst backfield to have any shares in, nobody has any value with the way they split carries and Lamar consistently running the ball. I don't really see any keeper value either, what's going to change for next year? I don't see Lamar become a pocket passer and Gus Edwards probably isn't going anywhere. I could see them letting Ingram go though.

Gus Edwards becomes a RFA next season, and next year will be Ingram's last year of his contract, could they part ways early? Trade? No one knows yet, I'm holding in my keeper league, Harbaugh is known not to give the bulk to a rookie RB.

Edited by CABLE87
1 hour ago, CABLE87 said:

Gus Edwards becomes a RFA next season, and next year will be Ingram's last year of his contract, could they part ways early? Trade? No one knows yet, I'm holding in my keeper league, Harbaugh is known not to give the bulk to a rookie RB.

He's gold for keeper/dynasty leagues. But straight booty for re-draft  🥺

Edited by RunCMC
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, RunCMC said:

He's gold for keeper/dynasty leagues. But straight booty for re-draft  🥺

In my non keeper league he's been dropped already after last week, unless the ravens somehow get eliminated from the playoffs during the playoffs I may look his way once again

• Like 1

I know the Ravens dont care about our fantasy teams....but Dobbins has looked explosive and their stubborn refusal to use him is ridiculous.....using a 3 (4 with Lamar) man rotation to run allows none of the RBs to get rhythm....just look at Swift when he finally got the touches....they deserve to lose.  

Edited by Big Tuna
  • Like 1
20 hours ago, Big Tuna said:

I know the Ravens dont care about our fantasy teams....but Dobbins has looked explosive and their stubborn refusal to use him is ridiculous.....using a 3 (4 with Lamar) man rotation to run allows none of the RBs to get rhythm....just look at Swift when he finally got the touches....they deserve to lose.  

I’m sure NFL coaches know better than me but I agree with this. RBs seem to do better when they are allowed to get in a rhythm. I get keeping guys fresh and a two back rotation with a hot hand split probably makes sense but having a three RB rotation without even giving a single RB his own series as well as having a running QB seems like it hinders the upside a bit. I know this has worked for them but at minimum it seems like letting each guy have most of not all of a series or two at a time might be better. 

I’ll still be grabbing Dobbins next year in redraft as Ray Rice was used this way his rookie season. JKD clearly looks like the best RB on the team and is already catching passes. Hopefully that keeps him in the 4th or 5th round next year. 

• Like 2

This might be might last year picking rookie RB's expecting them to "emerge" and take over. I gambled on Taylor and Dobbins and neither have worked out. JT like Dobbins is also part of a 3 back committee. From my non-professional standpoint, Dobbins looks like a better talent than JT, but neither have really had a decent workload all year. It's a shame really. Not sure why these coaching staffs are so reluctant to let these guys show what they can do. Both were very high draft picks. It's frustrating to say the least.

• Like 3
28 minutes ago, RoseLin23 said:

This might be might last year picking rookie RB's expecting them to "emerge" and take over. I gambled on Taylor and Dobbins and neither have worked out. JT like Dobbins is also part of a 3 back committee. From my non-professional standpoint, Dobbins looks like a better talent than JT, but neither have really had a decent workload all year. It's a shame really. Not sure why these coaching staffs are so reluctant to let these guys show what they can do. Both were very high draft picks. It's frustrating to say the least.

Many coaches just are more comfortable with veteran RBs....they do the little things that coaches like while rookies are more explosive but need a learning curve....Ive also noticed a disturbing trend where mistakes are simply not tolerated...a fumble or dropped pass will get a young player benched and in the dog house....how else is the player supposed to learn?  It took Swift weeks to play his way out of the dog house...but imagine if instead of benching him they fed him earlier and just lived with a mistake or two...they probably would have won a few more games.  So while rookie RBs will always be popular you really have to watch what team/coaches they go to

• Like 2
50 minutes ago, rylaughlin said:

If losing to NE gives the coaching staff any renewed sense of urgency that should result in more snaps for Dobbins. If they decide to shake things up manufacturing more touches for him if the most achievable and likely obvious solution. 

it's painfully apparent that even if he gets "more" touches it simply wont be enough. There will always be some sort of a split and Lamar will always vulture the TDs. I plan to move on in two leagues after drafting him and waiting this long. I have just seen enough to know it's not happening on a consistent enough level to ever start. 

• Like 1