Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

J.K. Dobbins 2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, FreakFries said:


 

I’m sure NFL coaches know better than me but I agree with this. RBs seem to do better when they are allowed to get in a rhythm. I get keeping guys fresh and a two back rotation with a hot hand split probably makes sense but having a three RB rotation without even giving a single RB his own series as well as having a running QB seems like it hinders the upside a bit. I know this has worked for them but at minimum it seems like letting each guy have most of not all of a series or two at a time might be better. 
 

 

I couldn't believe it when I saw Justice Hill in the game too, I assume he must be playing some special teams but starting 4 RBs and a fullback seems crazy to me.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

C’mon man....u been doubting JK this whole time, and giving people bad advice to drop him. Now all of a sudden u own him?? Lmao

getting a taste of dobbins and then getting covid is similar to just the tip and no nut. The teasing needs to stop.

Damn he's got receipts

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

it's painfully apparent that even if he gets "more" touches it simply wont be enough. There will always be some sort of a split and Lamar will always vulture the TDs. I plan to move on in two leagues after drafting him and waiting this long. I have just seen enough to know it's not happening on a consistent enough level to ever start. 

Perhaps you're right. I have the AZ backfield and have started to reach this conclusion, driven mostly by the fact AZ can't seem to run block. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

There will always be some sort of a split and Lamar will always vulture the TDs. I plan to move on in two leagues after drafting him and waiting this long. I have just seen enough to know it's not happening on a consistent enough level to ever start. 

 

Same here. Drafted JK with high hopes...have since come to the realization the RB1 in Baltimore is QB1 Lamar Jackson. Moved my JK shares last week.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

 

I couldn't believe it when I saw Justice Hill in the game too, I assume he must be playing some special teams but starting 4 RBs and a fullback seems crazy to me.

I can't wait for the Ravens to jump the shark and have all of them on the field at the same time running the service academy triple option. It'll be like when the Eagles had the four-TE package years ago.

Edited by BlueBlazer05
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Deuce1042 said:

Locker room politics and seniority is why JK Dobbins isn't getting more carries. Ingram shouldn't be getting carries at this point. I like Mark Ingram but we gotta be real. 

 

Ingram is looking like a JAG at this point in his career. The man has no more juice. 

He ain't no Adrian Peterson who's gracefully declining.

+ Gus Edwards while competent , has basically been a JAG himself ... his entire NFL career.

Give the damn rookie the keys already. 

Edited by RunCMC
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Big Truss is a Big Scrub they should’ve traded him away when they had a chance. Gus is Gus nothing special short yardage and goaline is his forte. Dobbins should be getting more reps than all these guys he is hands down the better back and not even a question. Did the Ravens for some reason forget what JK did against the Steelers a couple weeks ago? Ravens lost 2 of the last 3, keep letting the losses add up and maybe they will open their eyes. You would be a fool to drop JK...NO WAY I’m dropping, I will hold him till this season is over, especially with the easiest schedule for any RBs upcoming. If he gets his shot he could easily be a league winner. Besides playing against the Steelers 1 more game this is a cake ROS schedule, especially in playoffs:

wk 11: TEN
wk 12: PIT

wk13: DAL

wk 14: CLE

wk 15: JAX

wk 16: NYG

wk 17: CIN
 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, activeobserver said:

Next season will be his season, smarten up and drop him for upside plays if you're in a redraft league. 

Unless u play in 10 team leagues or have a super short bench that’s foolish advice to be putting out. Dobbins is without a doubt the best RB on the team and everyone knows it, he just needs touches. Bye weeks are almost done and this should be the time u hold lottery tickets like Dobbins if he gets his shot or injury/Covid occurs in the RB room. I know in all my 12man leagues there’s not much out there as far as upside players go to be throwing Dobbins onto the waiver wire. He may or may not get his opportunity but if he does “watch out” dude will win many ships for owners with the ROS schedule upcoming.

Edited by Tomei7
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Tomei7 said:

Unless u play in 10 team leagues or have a super short bench that’s foolish advice to be putting out. Dobbins is without a doubt the best RB on the team and everyone knows it, he just needs touches. Bye weeks are almost done and this should be the time u hold lottery tickets like Dobbins if he gets his shot or injury/Covid occurs in the RB room. I know in all my 12man leagues there’s not much out there as far as upside players go to be throwing Dobbins onto the waiver wire. He may or may not get his opportunity but if he does “watch out” dude will win many ships for owners with the ROS schedule upcoming.

Hes going to have to surpass two players in Ingram and Edwards. This has been the narrative the whole season and honestly I dont see the upside unless TWO players go down. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Tomei7 said:

Big Truss is a Big Scrub they should’ve traded him away when they had a chance. Gus is Gus nothing special short yardage and goaline is his forte. Dobbins should be getting more reps than all these guys he is hands down the better back and not even a question. Did the Ravens for some reason forget what JK did against the Steelers a couple weeks ago? Ravens lost 2 of the last 3, keep letting the losses add up and maybe they will open their eyes. You would be a fool to drop JK...NO WAY I’m dropping, I will hold him till this season is over, especially with the easiest schedule for any RBs upcoming. If he gets his shot he could easily be a league winner. Besides playing against the Steelers 1 more game this is a cake ROS schedule, especially in playoffs:

wk 11: TEN
wk 12: PIT

wk13: DAL

wk 14: CLE

wk 15: JAX

wk 16: NYG

wk 17: CIN
 

 

Those are some really bad defenses specifically. They played some bad teams early in the season but at least teams like Philly have a competent front seven. Dallas, Jags, and Giants are just horrific defensively. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Deuce1042 said:

 

Those are some really bad defenses specifically. They played some bad teams early in the season but at least teams like Philly have a competent front seven. Dallas, Jags, and Giants are just horrific defensively. 

are you really going to want to roll out a guy who might get like 4 touches in the playoffs in week 15 or 16, regardless of the matchup? On top of LJ's running this team seems dead set on rotating 3 RBs and, given Hill got a touch or 2, I'm not sure that will change even with an injury. He's clearly the most talented back on the roster but he's also clearly not going to get the necessary touches at any point short of all the other RBs catching COVID or something. For me he's a last-man-on-the-bench hold but I'll drop him in a heartbeat if I see something shiny on the waiver wire.

(this is all redraft, of course)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Dobbins vs waiver pick up?

Dobbins is the high ceiling/low floor option.  If you have a hole in your lineup and need someone who you can feel comfortable starting to get you average or close to average production, you might be able to find that.  Ahmed might be a thing rest of season, so if you can swap them that wouldn't be crazy.  Hines is boom/bust, but might make some sense.  Then there are WRs you can always pick up.

But even if it's 75/25, or 90/10, against it happening... if they do decide to feature Dobbins, he's going to tear the league up.

What are you looking for in the roster spot he's occupying?  To me it's either someone I'll have to start as bye week filler, or someone I think might turn into a big producer.  I don't see a lotto ticket out there with a higher payout, even if the odds aren't good.

Now Baltimore has lost a couple games and slipped way behind Pittsburgh in the division.  At the moment, they're in a 5 way tie for 3 wildcard spots.  There are 6 teams that have the same 6-3 record.  Baltimore needs wins, and their offense looks like crap. 

A lot of that is on Jackson, but I think their RB rotation is also a problem.  The idea behind playing 3 RBs with frequent swaps would be, I'd assume, to keep each fresh and/or take advantage of different skills each brings to the table.  Question the coaches have to be asking themselves: is it working?

I don't think it is.  Were i in the room, I'd suggest doing something different to try to fix this offense.  I'd suggest seeing what the offense looks like with our talented rookie getting a more prominent role.  He hasn't had more than 15 carries and 17 touches yet this year, and it was a big game against Pittsburgh.  He had 14 touches (12 carries) vs Indy, and was less productive.  But I don't see how he's hurting them when he's out there.  Ingram isn't doing much, and Gus is fine but limited.

Let Dobbins loose and see if that fixes the offense a bit.  Something has to change. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SadFaceHappy said:

Dobbins vs waiver pick up?

Dobbins is the high ceiling/low floor option.  If you have a hole in your lineup and need someone who you can feel comfortable starting to get you average or close to average production, you might be able to find that.  Ahmed might be a thing rest of season, so if you can swap them that wouldn't be crazy.  Hines is boom/bust, but might make some sense.  Then there are WRs you can always pick up.

But even if it's 75/25, or 90/10, against it happening... if they do decide to feature Dobbins, he's going to tear the league up.

What are you looking for in the roster spot he's occupying?  To me it's either someone I'll have to start as bye week filler, or someone I think might turn into a big producer.  I don't see a lotto ticket out there with a higher payout, even if the odds aren't good.

Now Baltimore has lost a couple games and slipped way behind Pittsburgh in the division.  At the moment, they're in a 5 way tie for 3 wildcard spots.  There are 6 teams that have the same 6-3 record.  Baltimore needs wins, and their offense looks like crap. 

A lot of that is on Jackson, but I think their RB rotation is also a problem.  The idea behind playing 3 RBs with frequent swaps would be, I'd assume, to keep each fresh and/or take advantage of different skills each brings to the table.  Question the coaches have to be asking themselves: is it working?

I don't think it is.  Were i in the room, I'd suggest doing something different to try to fix this offense.  I'd suggest seeing what the offense looks like with our talented rookie getting a more prominent role.  He hasn't had more than 15 carries and 17 touches yet this year, and it was a big game against Pittsburgh.  He had 14 touches (12 carries) vs Indy, and was less productive.  But I don't see how he's hurting them when he's out there.  Ingram isn't doing much, and Gus is fine but limited.

Let Dobbins loose and see if that fixes the offense a bit.  Something has to change. 

^^This^^ this is exactly why u don’t let Dobbins go.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Still holding.  That late-season/playoff schedule is beyond juicy.  The offense hasn't exactly been working so it won't necessarily take an injury for change to happen in Dobbins favor.  Not saying it will, but the potential with JK is still far greater than anyone you'll find on the WW.  Until then, he remains on the bench.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I really hope he turns it up for you guys. I end up cutting him only because they keep trotting ingram out there. It's quite embarrassing to watch this coaching staff continue to do so when it's not working. Just run Dobbins and Edwards. They both obviously look way way better and they're a great combo. Stop catering to the old vet, he can still help the team from the sidelines or in emergencies. Even maybe exclusive GL back since he has a nose for it and can catch. Between the 20s he shouldn't get no action

Link to post
Share on other sites

Like I said it's PAINFULLY CLEAR the Ravens will not feature Dobbins. This will be a three RB plus Lamar approach. "If" they featured Dobbins he is likely an RB1. "If" my aunt had a d*** she would be my uncle. 

With that said - the best case is you hold onto Dobbins hoping the other RBs got injured and then he gets more touches. The last game Edwards looked better then Dobbins. There are other RB's likely on your wire that just need one guy to go down in order to be featured, guys like Pollard and Mattison. To me those are better lotto tickets at this point then Dobbins as they have one variable impacting their play. Dobbins has multiple stars that have to align. If you can drop Dobbins now for guys like Harris, Myers, Ahmed, Pittman (clear cut primary options) then I would do it rather then letting those guys produce for other teams. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

Like I said it's PAINFULLY CLEAR the Ravens will not feature Dobbins. This will be a three RB plus Lamar approach. "If" they featured Dobbins he is likely an RB1. "If" my aunt had a d*** she would be my uncle. 

With that said - the best case is you hold onto Dobbins hoping the other RBs got injured and then he gets more touches. The last game Edwards looked better then Dobbins. There are other RB's likely on your wire that just need one guy to go down in order to be featured, guys like Pollard and Mattison. To me those are better lotto tickets at this point then Dobbins as they have one variable impacting their play. Dobbins has multiple stars that have to align. If you can drop Dobbins now for guys like Harris, Myers, Ahmed, Pittman (clear cut primary options) then I would do it rather then letting those guys produce for other teams. 

Idk in my eyes if Edwards went down Dobbins would have a huge role regardless of Ingram. In that scenario you could argue he’s also one injury away from big boost in production. I’d imagine once the Ravens lock up a playoff spot they’ll start giving him more burn to rest up the vets for playoffs. These guys were favorites to win the Suoerbowl going into the year so they’re playing the long game with this 3 headed back field to keep Ingram from wearing down imo. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

Like I said it's PAINFULLY CLEAR the Ravens will not feature Dobbins. This will be a three RB plus Lamar approach. "If" they featured Dobbins he is likely an RB1. "If" my aunt had a d*** she would be my uncle. 

With that said - the best case is you hold onto Dobbins hoping the other RBs got injured and then he gets more touches. The last game Edwards looked better then Dobbins. There are other RB's likely on your wire that just need one guy to go down in order to be featured, guys like Pollard and Mattison. To me those are better lotto tickets at this point then Dobbins as they have one variable impacting their play. Dobbins has multiple stars that have to align. If you can drop Dobbins now for guys like Harris, Myers, Ahmed, Pittman (clear cut primary options) then I would do it rather then letting those guys produce for other teams. 

Okay, I hear you, but here's the difference... JK is actually talented.  Pollard and Mattison are just the guys behind the guys.  Without Zeke and Cook, the Cowboys and Vikings offenses are dead... yeah, they probably get 15 carries a game... at 3 YPC and probably not finding the end zone... sweet.  Hell, Zeke has been trash, costing his manager Ws for 4 straight weeks... do you actually want to be starting the guy that's behind him on the depth chart?  I wouldn't even burn a roster spot on Pollard if Zeke went down.

The other guys you listed are better, for like 1 or 2 weeks, until they fizzle out and/or get replaced.  Their upside is capped by time, talent, or both.  Or even worse, they're WRs where you can find someone serviceable on the WW basically any given week.  With JK, the sky is still the limit, at the most valuable position in FFB.

Again, I'm not saying it's for sure going to happen, but JK could still be a league-winner.  The other guys you're listing are $5 scratch-offs, or 1-2 week band-aids.  I'll take the actual $100M lotto ticket in JK.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...