NBC Sports Edge Forums

J.K. Dobbins 2020 Outlook

2 minutes ago, Jubanton said:

These guys are infatuated with their 3 back system despite it appearing to run better with 2 backs or Dobbins featuring.

I was hoping this was similar to Swift in Detroit but it doesn't sound that way.

yup. they loooove that dumbass 3 back system even though one of those backs has been done since the end of last season and the other is basically replacement level. Sounds like harbaugh will continue to go with the "hot hand" approach and confound us all, even in the face of all evidence contrary to that.

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

C’mon man....u been doubting JK this whole time, and giving people bad advice to drop him. Now all of a sudden u own him?? Lmao

getting a taste of dobbins and then getting covid is similar to just the tip and no nut. The teasing needs to stop.

Damn he's got receipts

Posted Images

15 hours ago, Tomei7 said:

C’mon man....u been doubting JK this whole time, and giving people bad advice to drop him. Now all of a sudden u own him?? Lmao

Jesus, you just gotta ban yourself from the thread after that one.

• Like 3
19 minutes ago, Jubanton said:

These guys are infatuated with their 3 back system despite it appearing to run better with 2 backs or Dobbins featuring.

I was hoping this was similar to Swift in Detroit but it doesn't sound that way.

It is frustrating.

As was discussed earlier ITT it seems to a lot of us FF armchair HCs that it would be better if they at least did a 2 RBBC with each guy get lying his own series or two to get in a rhythm.

Harbaugh is obviously an excellent coach and even more obviously knows better that us but I REALLY don’t get this because in the above link there are also these nuggets:

"I definitely got in a rhythm," Dobbins said. "I was just trying to contribute. I was running my hardest to help this team win."

"He's an elite talent. He's a great running back," left tackle Orlando Brown Jr. said. "He's got a really, really bright future here in Baltimore. He's capable of a lot of different things. We've got a lot of trust in him. As one of the veterans on this team, I've got a lot of trust in him."

Dobbins says he did better being allowed to get in a rhythm. 

Brown says Dobbins is “elite” and “We’ve got a lot of trust in him.”

I don’t get this constant RB rotation.

Reminds me of M Nagy 😬

Looked encouraging. I think he's back to at least being on benches. While I think this could be the break out point (and reiterate, that now going forward, he should be owned in all leagues) this could also be the beginning of Baltimore emulating Indy, where there is a back that has value week to week, but good luck predicting who it will be (Taylor this week, Hines last week, Wilkins a few weeks prior, etc.)

15 minutes ago, Evilbooyaa said:

this could also be the beginning of Baltimore emulating Indy, where there is a back that has value week to week, but good luck predicting who it will be (Taylor this week, Hines last week, Wilkins a few weeks prior, etc.)

Indy has been winning games.........

Unreal timing. Just when he was finally allowed to get the lions share of the carries and the coaches seemed to finally free him from this unimpressive 3 way committee...he tests positive. 

Part of me is hoping they get absolutely shellacked on Thursday and learn that they might actually be able to control a game by giving this kid 15+ touches.

Former Ingram owner and have no shares of this guys. This is just brutal. Just as he's gaining momentum. Only bright side of this is that Ingram will also be sidelined and thus, will not have the opportunity to solidify anything in the backfield.

16 hours ago, Tomei7 said:

Come on .. I am here on this forum to have fun, get some insight read the player threads. We use this as an outlet to gather facts, we agree to disagree. Nothing more nothing less. This Baltimore situation sucked. You know that. Dobbins, Ingram & Edwards were not fantasy relevant. That is a FACT. 

You make it seem like I was a fixture bashing JK. I been a silent observer hoping for a back to emerge, nothing happen. I liked Dobbins at draft time drafted him and dropped him... he has been dropped multiple times. Grabbed him again before this weekend hoping for that breakout game. Let’s hope. In my fantasy football facebook messenger i mention JK is my league winner. The guys laughed.