NBC Sports Edge Forums

J.K. Dobbins 2020 Outlook

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

C’mon man....u been doubting JK this whole time, and giving people bad advice to drop him. Now all of a sudden u own him?? Lmao

getting a taste of dobbins and then getting covid is similar to just the tip and no nut. The teasing needs to stop.

Damn he's got receipts

Posted Images

• Ravens activated J.K. Dobbins from the reserve/COVID list.

Robert Griffin (thigh) was placed on injured reserve in a corresponding move. Mark Ingram meanwhile stayed on the team's COVID list for one more night. Dobbins most recently out-snapped Gus Edwards 41-13 the last time all three were healthy together and is expected to return to his workhorse role on Tuesday against Dallas. Fantasy players should consider the rookie a fringe RB1 for that matchup.

Dec 4, 2020, 4:00 PM ET

•  

I've owned and followed Dobbins the entire year. When the hell did he become a RB1 in this offense? I'll take it but did I miss something lol.

• Like 3
28 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

I've owned and followed Dobbins the entire year. When the hell did he become a RB1 in this offense? I'll take it but did I miss something lol.

Yeah some real blurbist liberties there! But man, look at how bad that Dal rush D is...he def could bring a monster line home.

1 hour ago, nonstopfan said:

He got the majority of snaps and carries the last game he played (gus and Ingram both played that game), Gus was very inefficient when he had the backfield to himself last game (it was also against a top 5 defense with two backup qbs playing so not surprising he struggled), and Baltimore is on the outside of the playoffs looking in so they should play the guys who have looked like their best players (Dobbins has looked better than Gus and Ingram all year). Dallas is also the worst defense in the league. Given all that he should be an RB1 this week. 

I want this to happen badly but I need to see it. 

Edwards had a bad game but everyone has a bad game and given the circumstances last week and all the players out with COVID against the Steelers D it’s a pretty reasonable he had a bad week. He’s been otherwise solid with the touches he’s had this season.

last time all three were healthy, it was still a three man committee. Dobbins got the most touches and Ingram the least which means Dobbins swapped workloads with Ingram’s early season usage. 

When asked after the game two weeks ago if The plan was feature Dobbins more, Harbaugh said "I think that's the way it went as the game went on," During that game, Dobbins was ripping off huge chunk plays and was significantly outperforming Gus and Ingram. He had the hot hand just as Harbosaid.

Lastly, Harbaugh insisted on using a 3 RB committee with Ray Rice his entire rookie year despite Rice bring the best talent of the three. Rice had two games with significant touches and even one with 20 but he still finished his rookie year in a timeshare. 

I want this to happen I really do but I just don’t see it. 

The good news is I do think it’s possible Dobbins will get the most touches of the three now and given how lousy the RB position is could be a mid RB2 ROS. 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Cardiak said:

Just realized that Lamar isn't even playing. How you figure JK will be relevant if they won't even be able to move the ball. 

Is that confirmed? I thought they could activate him tomorrow. The team doesn’t play until Tuesday so I don’t think the decision has been made yet. 

Why are people saying dobbins rb1 if Edwards and Ingram are active ??

I have dobbins , legit wondering haha I want him in my flex but I have booker, DJ as well and I’m trying to find a reason to put dobbins in over both  

1 minute ago, Asapjoshy said:

Why are people saying dobbins rb1 if Edwards and Ingram are active ??

I have dobbins , legit wondering haha I want him in my flex but I have booker, DJ as well and I’m trying to find a reason to put dobbins in over both  

You could see the back field shifting to JKD a couple weeks ago. COVID obviously provides a possible hiccup, as we don’t know how the back field will shake this week. He has RB1 upside this week I think, but a very risky proposition. I’d rather hold and see, and wouldn’t play him unless I had some poor options. 

6 minutes ago, sasnumberonefan said:

You could see the back field shifting to JKD a couple weeks ago. COVID obviously provides a possible hiccup, as we don’t know how the back field will shake this week. He has RB1 upside this week I think, but a very risky proposition. I’d rather hold and see, and wouldn’t play him unless I had some poor options. 

My thoughts exactly. I have him in dynasty so I’d like him to end the year off as the workhouse RB though. Glad it’s slowly shifting his way