NBC Sports Edge Forums

J.K. Dobbins 2020 Outlook

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

C’mon man....u been doubting JK this whole time, and giving people bad advice to drop him. Now all of a sudden u own him?? Lmao

getting a taste of dobbins and then getting covid is similar to just the tip and no nut. The teasing needs to stop.

Damn he's got receipts

Posted Images

"J.K. Dobbins may become the Baltimore Ravens’ featured back for the stretch run.
Wednesday afternoon was a weird and very real thing in Week 12 of the 2020 NFL season. Though the Baltimore Ravens fell to 6-5 on the year, as the arch rival Pittsburgh Steelers stayed perfect, we may have seen something interesting regarding Baltimore the rest of the way. While he did not play, is J.K. Dobbins about to become the featured back in Baltimore going forward?
The Fantasy Footballers are projecting this because of what they saw out of Justice Hill filling in for presumably Dobbins in the Baltimore backfield. With Dobbins and Mark Ingram out for Wednesday afternoon’s game vs. Pittsburgh due to COVID-19, the guys thought it would be Gus Edwards who would lead the way in the Baltimore ground game. Instead, it was Hill who did.  
 So how are the guys able to project this for a guy who did not even play this past week? What Jason Moore and Mike Wright were hinting at was the Ravens offense wanted to keep the rotation in place, meaning Edwards was not going to take more than his normal allotment of carries. With Baltimore using a day-two pick on Dobbins back in the spring, it is his time to be a featured back."

from https://fansided.com/2020/12/03/jk-dobbins-ravens-featured-back-fantasy/

I think some are thinking Mark Ingram is pretty much out of the picture as two games ago he played around 6 snaps after coming back from injury and Dobbins got most of the work. We don't really know what Ingram's role is because that was one game after being injured.  My concern with Dobbins is Edwards is treated as the goal line back and he's going to have to bust a long one or catch a pass for his TDs. 

Gus and Ingram are active so that scares me a bit.

I need to see it another week, before calling him the undisputed back. & starting him

A 1 game sample size where he went off isn’t enough imo

Let’s see who keeps the GL money touches. 

[...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story
  • Like 2
8 hours ago, RunCMC said:

Gus and Ingram are active so that scares me a bit.

I need to see it another week, before calling him the undisputed back. & starting him

A 1 game sample size where he went off isn’t enough imo

Let’s see who keeps the GL money touches. 

[...]

I agree with all that. I wanted to start him but I need to see it once more before I trust him. Some people play in playoff leagues so they don't got time to wait though

My leagues best record takes home the bag

• Like 1

[...] CLE D looks good this year according to stats, getting healthy, so not a great match up, but man Dobbins looked good on limited carries when there was room.  He got optioned into a defender once or twice, or his blockers missed blocks, but he was a seriously smooth runner with a whole lot of burst.  Ingram looked ... not good.  Even shaving off a few carries from Ingram/Edwards (or Hill - WTF?) to give to Dobbins puts him in the 15 carries ranges which is alright by me to get into lineups.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed assistant coach content

Don't really want to start him but also can't drop him. Gotta hope we make it past this round and get a little more clarity for next week. 

Obviously he looks a lot better than Ingram but until I see one of Gus/Ingram get phased out, he still scares me in a win or go home game. 

26 minutes ago, afl5013 said:

Don't really want to start him but also can't drop him. Gotta hope we make it past this round and get a little more clarity for next week. 

Obviously he looks a lot better than Ingram but until I see one of Gus/Ingram get phased out, he still scares me in a win or go home game. 

Dropping would be blasphemy at this point.  He's got one of the best week 15/16 schedules possible.

You could tell Dobbins is frustrated with the lack of use....he wants to get 20 carries per game...its not going to happen this year but very high on him for dynasty....the interesting thing is if Edwards gets a big offer as a RFA that Balt doesnt match essentially giving Dobbins the backfield in 2021....Edwards is a very good RB who would be better somewhere else.  

• Like 1

if you guys can avoid  it -  do not risk playing this guy in week 14 of fantasy playoffs.  If not for that td last night we are looking at 6=8 points.  His floor is scary due to this three headed committee Harbaugh seems  insistent on staying committed to.

Edited by JetsAwesome
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Dude looks really good out there, but yeah the touches just aren’t there. It was his and Edwards first game back from covid so keeping them fresh made sense. I’d be happy with a 1A 1B 50/50 split at this point, probably going to bench this week and see how it plays out. Really want to play him week 15 & 16 though.

I wouldn't mind if it was a split between Dobbins and Edwards since the Ravens can run the ball on anyone.  But the fact they've used 4 RBs lately plus the Lamar vulture means you're competing with touches from 5 guys.  Dobbins led the backfield in snaps last night, but wasn't by much.

In games this year with all 3 guys healthy (Ingram, Dobbins, Edwards) Dobbins has trended right around 35-40% snaps.  Add in Justice Hill getting 8-10% the last few weeks and this is a backfield I think you have to avoid.  The only hope is that Week 11 was meant to be the "take over" week for Dobbins, but then he caught Covid, so possibly easing him back in last night.  

• Like 1
1 hour ago, TheDoctor said:

I can understand using Gus, but there's absolutely no redeeming quality about playing Hill on third downs. That's a joke. 

To be fair to the Bus he has produced on par with Dobbins this season.  I 100% agree that having Hill out there is a joke, hopefully that was a one week Band-Aid to get Dobbins and Ingram back in game form because if not, I don't think you can start anyone in that backfield. 

Sadly, even if Hill is out moving forward I don't think any BAL RB besides Lamar will make a significant impact in the playoffs this year. 

20 hours ago, Flynfiesta6 said:

To be fair to the Bus he has produced on par with Dobbins this season.  I 100% agree that having Hill out there is a joke, hopefully that was a one week Band-Aid to get Dobbins and Ingram back in game form because if not, I don't think you can start anyone in that backfield. 

Sadly, even if Hill is out moving forward I don't think any BAL RB besides Lamar will make a significant impact in the playoffs this year. 

I mean, could that really be the reason? JK looked he prime shape when he finally got his first damn carry of the game as the FOURTH back in the game SMH.

• Like 1