NBC Sports Edge Forums

J.K. Dobbins 2020 Outlook

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

C’mon man....u been doubting JK this whole time, and giving people bad advice to drop him. Now all of a sudden u own him?? Lmao

getting a taste of dobbins and then getting covid is similar to just the tip and no nut. The teasing needs to stop.

Damn he's got receipts

Posted Images

4 hours ago, supac720 said:

Ravens should have clearly took a page out what the Rams did with Akers. You spend draft capital on a guy for a reason. 

Ingram 6 carries, Gus Edwards 7 carries, Dobbins 11 carries. I mean least they could do is phase out Ingram, that being said it will always be capped because of Lamar unfortunately.

52 minutes ago, jujus-jujubees said:

Harbaugh need to view last night's game tape on Akers immediately so he can get a damn clue. 

... you mean Roman, amirite?

either way, don't hold your breath:

Edited by pastorofmuppets2
  • Like 1
6 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

... you mean Roman, amirite?

either way, don't hold your breath:

It's clear to anyone with eyeballs that Dobbins is the best RB in this backfield.  I'm no NFL coach, but I'd imagine that increasing the usage of your best RB will increase the odds of your team winning "reality" football games.  

I can buy a platoon for the first half of the year, considering rookie RBs tend to hit a wall later in the season, but for it to bleed this late into the season is coaching malpractice.  You can certainly get by beating embarrassing defenses like the Cowboys employing this approach, but if this continues to be the gameplan against much better units, it's going to come back to bite them. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 12/10/2020 at 7:14 AM, RoseLin23 said:

I mean, could that really be the reason? JK looked he prime shape when he finally got his first damn carry of the game as the FOURTH back in the game SMH.

I guess next week will tell, hard to imagine this backfield adding an additional back...That was crazy, don't get why they don't let give him 70% of the touches. 

Any thoughts for Dobbins from last night?  I watched a recap online and he seemed to be on the field a good amount.  Saw at least 4-5 plays where he was open for a nice dump pass, but Jackson never looked his way... but he appeared open and ready to take off.

57 minutes ago, UMFLADFWM said:

Any thoughts for Dobbins from last night?  I watched a recap online and he seemed to be on the field a good amount.  Saw at least 4-5 plays where he was open for a nice dump pass, but Jackson never looked his way... but he appeared open and ready to take off.

My biggest takeaway was that Ingram got exactly ZERO touches. Edwards is there but Dobbins is still the lead back. I thought he looked explosive and strong. I like this matchup this week and I'm rolling him out over Conner

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I would guess he's going to "win" the snap % battle between the 3 running backs.  Probably the best news is Ingram wasn't on the field at all, so it's at least down to a two horse battle now.  Unfortunately, the biggest obstacle to his emergence is Lamar Jackson.  Those dump offs to the running back too often turn into scrambles by Jackson because, well, why dump it off when every scramble has the potential for a huge play?  Most running plays are read/options as well, so Jackson keeps it on a good majority on those as well. He's their best Running back, he's just not the best player in their backfield. 

My thought is that his floor is pretty stable but his ceiling is not nearly as high as it could be. Lack of dumb offs, LJ taking his share, and Gus getting a ton of off GL redzone work all take away from him putting up monster games. He’s a solid start at least which is one thing we could not say a month ago. He still Has potential to bust a few big one and get you 25. 

16 minutes ago, Big Tuna said:

Justice Hill getting a lot of 3rd down snaps was mind boggling....

I was smh every time I saw this. Dobbins is great catching the ball out of the backfield....this 3 and sometimes 4 RB rotation is beyond frustrating to watch and honestly don't understand the reasoning behind it.

Do people really have that hard of a time correlating the difference between real football with a 16 game + playoff season and fantasy football? Its pretty clear to me why the Ravens don't give one RB 25 touches a game. They are leading the league in rushing per game by about 20 yards (which is essentially lapping the field). 

Someone should ask Vrabel, Zimmer, and Marrone if they would prefer to give to their RB1 12 times or 25 and get close to the same production.