Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

J.K. Dobbins 2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, RoseLin23 said:

I watched the game last night and one of the most encouraging thing I saw was that Dobbins was used exclusively in the latter half of the 4th when the game was on the line.

Yep. Week 14 Snap count is encouraging.

Dobbins - 62%

Gus - 27%

Ingram - 2%

Hill - 10%

 

I'm not comparing him to Cook, but what's killing Dobbins isn't Ingram, Hill or Gus (although those fluky TD's hurt), it's the read-option where Lamar is keeping the ball.

For comparison - Snap Count Week 14:

Drake - 56%

Cook - 68%

Henry - 64%

Taylor - 56%

A. Jones - 70%

 

Dobbins needs a impact play or two. His longest run in week 14 was for 13 yards. In this offense with the lack of receptions and with LJ taking his reps, he needs more 15+ runs. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

C’mon man....u been doubting JK this whole time, and giving people bad advice to drop him. Now all of a sudden u own him?? Lmao

getting a taste of dobbins and then getting covid is similar to just the tip and no nut. The teasing needs to stop.

Damn he's got receipts

Posted Images

3 hours ago, JohnD said:

My biggest takeaway was that Ingram got exactly ZERO touches. Edwards is there but Dobbins is still the lead back. I thought he looked explosive and strong. I like this matchup this week and I'm rolling him out over Conner

 

Do we know why?  I didn't see any injury designation, its weird he just disappeared after having a role in every game he has been healthy this season... Also, didn't one of their coaches just say tell the media that "Mark does the dirty work" or something to that effect? 

Obviously Ingram being out is a great sign but the skeptic in me feels like this is an outlier vs the norm moving forward, really really really hope I'm wrong. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Flynfiesta6 said:

 

Do we know why?  I didn't see any injury designation, its weird he just disappeared after having a role in every game he has been healthy this season... Also, didn't one of their coaches just say tell the media that "Mark does the dirty work" or something to that effect? 

Obviously Ingram being out is a great sign but the skeptic in me feels like this is an outlier vs the norm moving forward, really really really hope I'm wrong. 

Ingram got the "start" but then was immediately replaced by Dobbins. Ingram has slowly been getting phased out of the game plan all year. Dobbins has proven he's the best RB on the team. As hard headed a Harbough is, apparently he's not hard headed enough to ignore that.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, JohnD said:

Ingram got the "start" but then was immediately replaced by Dobbins. Ingram has slowly been getting phased out of the game plan all year. Dobbins has proven he's the best RB on the team. As hard headed a Harbough is, apparently he's not hard headed enough to ignore that.

I don't see Ingram getting a offensive snap last night, where are you seeing him getting the "start" ?

 

image.png.d36f31a91745a18887118b5f49e55152.png

Edited by Flynfiesta6
Picture
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Flynfiesta6 said:

I don't see Ingram getting a offensive snap last night, where are you seeing him getting the "start" ?

He was in on the very first play of the game. I don't remember seeing him after that.

 

https://www.pennlive.com/baltimore-ravens/2020/12/baltimore-ravens-snap-count-analysis-mark-ingrams-one-play-of-action-raises-questions.html

Edited by JohnD
Link to post
Share on other sites

@JohnD & @Flynfiesta6

Does it matter if Ingram was in 1 play or 0? Let it go. Ravens clearly understood that the game needed to score a ton of points so Ingram sat out since he's worthless. Lets get back to Dobbins in the Dobbins thread.

He continues to look great. I really hope Lamar takes a step next year in the passing game. Hopefully he's learned from history that the rushing QB doesn't last and that he needs to continue to evolve. This would lead to Dobbins being an absolute beast. I agree with @johnnyboy8102 if he could get some passes or screens going his way he'd be a weekly play. Let's hope Ravens are continuing to carve out a major role for him.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Dark Kn19ht said:

@JohnD & @Flynfiesta6

Does it matter if Ingram was in 1 play or 0? Let it go. Ravens clearly understood that the game needed to score a ton of points so Ingram sat out since he's worthless. Lets get back to Dobbins in the Dobbins thread.

He continues to look great. I really hope Lamar takes a step next year in the passing game. Hopefully he's learned from history that the rushing QB doesn't last and that he needs to continue to evolve. This would lead to Dobbins being an absolute beast. I agree with @johnnyboy8102 if he could get some passes or screens going his way he'd be a weekly play. Let's hope Ravens are continuing to carve out a major role for him.

Dude..... let what go. He asked for some clarification and I tried to help. Sorry we had 4 posts in this 33 page thread

Edited by JohnD
  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Dark Kn19ht said:

@JohnD & @Flynfiesta6

Does it matter if Ingram was in 1 play or 0? Let it go. Ravens clearly understood that the game needed to score a ton of points so Ingram sat out since he's worthless. Lets get back to Dobbins in the Dobbins thread.

He continues to look great. I really hope Lamar takes a step next year in the passing game. Hopefully he's learned from history that the rushing QB doesn't last and that he needs to continue to evolve. This would lead to Dobbins being an absolute beast. I agree with @johnnyboy8102 if he could get some passes or screens going his way he'd be a weekly play. Let's hope Ravens are continuing to carve out a major role for him.

 

Lol, yes it absolutely does.  I think being in for one play and then sitting the rest of the game is much better for JK than him not sniffing the field at all.  0 snaps could be a warm-up injury or maybe said something to Harbaugh that pissed him off, who knows?... But both of those things may only last a week and then Ingram becomes a factor again next week, WHICH WOULD EFFECT DOBBINS as we have all seen throughout the whole season! 

 

Thanks @JohnD for the link! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I really wonder why there are not at least a couple plays every game where they try to get the ball to Dobbins via a screen, or any short dump off pass out of the backfield. Watching the game last night, there were several times where Dobbins leaked out of the backfield and he had a good 10+yards without any defenders nearby. And every time I'd look at Lamar and he'd literally just be staring at his boy Andrews in the middle of the field.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, RoseLin23 said:

I really wonder why there are not at least a couple plays every game where they try to get the ball to Dobbins via a screen, or any short dump off pass out of the backfield. Watching the game last night, there were several times where Dobbins leaked out of the backfield and he had a good 10+yards without any defenders nearby. And every time I'd look at Lamar and he'd literally just be staring at his boy Andrews in the middle of the field.

because Lamar cant throw. its more effective for him to run himself than throw a screen pass.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Thrill22 said:

because Lamar cant throw. its more effective for him to run himself than throw a screen pass.

He can't throw a 5 yard dump off pass?? C'mon man even old man Rivers can still do that.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, RoseLin23 said:

He can't throw a 5 yard dump off pass?? C'mon man even old man Rivers can still do that.

I mean, I dont know, can he? he sucks as a thrower.  his mechanics are wack man.  It will be interesting to see what happens when he actually takes a brutal shot that will make him second guess running.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, nonstopfan said:

Yep. Week 14 Snap count is encouraging.

Dobbins - 62%

Gus - 27%

Ingram - 2%

Hill - 10%

 

I'm not comparing him to Cook, but what's killing Dobbins isn't Ingram, Hill or Gus (although those fluky TD's hurt), it's the read-option where Lamar is keeping the ball.

For comparison - Snap Count Week 14:

Drake - 56%

Cook - 68%

Henry - 64%

Taylor - 56%

A. Jones - 70%

 

Dobbins needs a impact play or two. His longest run in week 14 was for 13 yards. In this offense with the lack of receptions and with LJ taking his reps, he needs more 15+ runs. 

 

the count is encouraging but the fact that Edwards was brought in both times once they got to the red zone sucks and limits his upside, in what could have been an absolute blow up for Dobbins if he got those carries

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Panthor said:

 

the count is encouraging but the fact that Edwards was brought in both times once they got to the red zone sucks and limits his upside, in what could have been an absolute blow up for Dobbins if he got those carries

Dobbins did get the 1 yard touchdown plunge though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RoseLin23 said:

He can't throw a 5 yard dump off pass?? C'mon man even old man Rivers can still do that.

I mean he can, but by the time the running back turns around, catches it at his knees, stabilizes and turns up field, Lamar Jackson could have just taken off and be 5 yards past the RB.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, coleworld7 said:

do we like enough of what we saw to fire him up as a starter this week? honestly that browns game was all over the place, i'm wondering if they just ground and pound against a weak jax team 

 

As a Flex? Absolutely! Without hesitation. In fact, I'm doing so. 

As your RB2? Yeah, I would. Unless I had other really great options. Like playing an RB1 as my RB2 type situation.

As your RB1? No. I wouldn't do that. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Gmen07 said:

Dobbins did get the 1 yard touchdown plunge though.

 

yes he did, and that saved his scoring day for the most part.  but it concerns me  the other 2 times he wasn't even on the field. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Thrill22 said:

I mean, I dont know, can he? he sucks as a thrower.  his mechanics are wack man.  It will be interesting to see what happens when he actually takes a brutal shot that will make him second guess running.  

 

The anti-Lamar sentiment on this website is the most mind boggling thing ever. All of you people regurgitate the same thing over and over and over again regardless of the week or game. The Ravens don't run a lot of screens. Because they don't block them well. This never entered your mind lol. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Literally almost every time they run a screen it gets blown up for a 2 yard gain lol. "Lamar sucks so bad he can't dump a ball off to a guy standing two yards away from him" is really what we're going with now to explain why JK Dobbins isn't winning you fantasy matchups lol. 

 

Gus Edwards gets so many carries because he's better running up the A gaps and between the tackles. Dobbins is more effective on wide zone and stretch. 

Edited by Deuce1042
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...