NBC Sports Edge Forums

J.K. Dobbins 2020 Outlook

13 hours ago, coleworld7 said:

do we like enough of what we saw to fire him up as a starter this week? honestly that browns game was all over the place, i'm wondering if they just ground and pound against a weak jax team 

King Henry just ran all over the Jags so I think Dobbins can have a big game this week. Here's hoping any way.

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

C’mon man....u been doubting JK this whole time, and giving people bad advice to drop him. Now all of a sudden u own him?? Lmao

getting a taste of dobbins and then getting covid is similar to just the tip and no nut. The teasing needs to stop.

Damn he's got receipts

Posted Images

1 minute ago, RoseLin23 said:

King Henry just ran all over the Jags so I think Dobbins can have a big game this week. Here's hoping any way.

The Ravens run game will have a huge day. The biggest variable is how large a piece of the pie will Dobbins get. I think (hope) he gets a good chunk of it. 

• Like 1

Dallas is giving up 162.7 rushing YPG and 17 rushing TD's. That's worst in the NFL for the yards, and tied for third worst for the TD's. 

Baltimore is averaging 173.8 rushing YPG and has 19 rushing TD's on the season. That's best in the league in rushing yards and tied for third best in rushing TD's. 

Match-up couldn't get much better.

47 minutes ago, The G Man said:

Dallas is giving up 162.7 rushing YPG and 17 rushing TD's. That's worst in the NFL for the yards, and tied for third worst for the TD's. 

Baltimore is averaging 173.8 rushing YPG and has 19 rushing TD's on the season. That's best in the league in rushing yards and tied for third best in rushing TD's. 

Match-up couldn't get much better.

34 minutes ago, RoseLin23 said:

Yes, match-up couldn't get much better if the Ravens were actually playing Dallas.

LOL

Luckily, the Jags defense suck almost as much with the Cowboys rush defense...

Jags are giving up the third most rushing yds per game (145.5) and have allowed 16 rushing TD's

Jags have allowed 2+ rush TD's in 43.8% of their games (second worst)

"Baltimore is averaging 173.8 rushing YPG and has 19 rushing TD's on the season. That's best in the league in rushing yards and tied for third best in rushing TD's. "

These numbers are great, but it will come down to share. Dobbins needs some of those money carries that Gus be getting. Also, it will come down to if "Superman" wants to play team football and share the wealth like the Justice League or is he just trying to impress Lois Lane and wants to do everything himself :)

Edited by nonstopfan
10 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

Baltimore is averaging 173.8 rushing YPG and has 19 rushing TD's on the season. That's best in the league in rushing yards and tied for third best in rushing TD's. "

Yeah... But about a third of that is LJax. If you take the RBs (ie Dobby), they're barely above average.

(Fun fact: the Texans have 1120 yds and 8 TD - Lamar has 793/6 just by himself)

Edited by Boudewijn
  • Like 1
36 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

LOL

Luckily, the Jags defense suck almost as much with the Cowboys rush defense...

Jags are giving up the third most rushing yds per game (145.5) and have allowed 16 rushing TD's

Jags have allowed 2+ rush TD's in 43.8% of their games (second worst)

"Baltimore is averaging 173.8 rushing YPG and has 19 rushing TD's on the season. That's best in the league in rushing yards and tied for third best in rushing TD's. "

These numbers are great, but it will come down to share. Dobbins needs some of those money carries that Gus be getting. Also, it will come down to if "Superman" wants to play team football and share the wealth like the Justice League or is he just trying to impress Lois Lane and wants to do everything himself :)

I think each of Gus's TDs were from 10+ yards out.  Dobbins was in when Ravens within the 10 when I watched.  I don't have the data to back up the claim though.

44 minutes ago, gotamancrushontombrady said:

I think each of Gus's TDs were from 10+ yards out.  Dobbins was in when Ravens within the 10 when I watched.  I don't have the data to back up the claim though.

Correct.  I assume if Gus was dropped at the 1 yard line each time... it would've be Dobbins finishing with potentially 3 TDs.

11 hours ago, Deuce1042 said:

The anti-Lamar sentiment on this website is the most mind boggling thing ever. All of you people regurgitate the same thing over and over and over again regardless of the week or game. The Ravens don't run a lot of screens. Because they don't block them well. This never entered your mind lol. 

I dont think i said anything contentious. Lamar is an amazing runner.  he is a terribly inaccurate thrower. Its not regurgitated jargon, it is the story that he has shown so far in his young career.  lol, lol, lol, wait one more should do it. LOL

Anyway.  This is a JK thread. I am starting him here on out. 

8 minutes ago, Thrill22 said:

Lamar is an amazing runner.  he is a terribly inaccurate thrower.

He wasn't inaccurate, or less so, last year. He's regressed this year .. whether it's injury or lack of off season training due to covid or last year was aberrational, not sure.

Doesn't help that he has the worst receiving corps in NFL. When your No. 1 receiver is a midget who looks like a high schooler afraid of contact who has the smallest catch radius possible, that's going to affect things.

3 minutes ago, Finisher said:

He wasn't inaccurate, or less so, last year. He's regressed this year .. whether it's injury or lack of off season training due to covid or last year was aberrational, not sure.

Doesn't help that he has the worst receiving corps in NFL. When your No. 1 receiver is a midget who looks like a high schooler afraid of contact who has the smallest catch radius possible, that's going to affect things.

was he lighting it up with the same receiver last year?  and the same tight end.  Jackson is just not having as good a year as he did last year.  it isn't a big deal.  it is unfair to expect that level of performance every year. 

10 minutes ago, Finisher said:

I've read that Dobbins has great hands.  

1 hour ago, Panthor said:

was he lighting it up with the same receiver last year?  and the same tight end.  Jackson is just not having as good a year as he did last year.  it isn't a big deal.  it is unfair to expect that level of performance every year. 

He was far more accurate last season. Something changed. Just curious what that is. His accuracy is completely off this season.

Edited by Finisher
1 hour ago, Finisher said:

Lamar's on target percentage is less than 2% lower than it was a year ago. You can see this for yourself on pro football reference. If anything his deep ball has regressed. Otherwise he's not any less accurate than he was a year ago. They didn't have to rely on this god awful wide receiver core as much last year who can't get separation against man coverage if their lives depended on it. 

And the irony of this rhetoric is that he gets compared to Kyler Murray a lot who can't consistently throw intermediate routes between the numbers at all and hardly anyone who is a casual watcher of the NFL questions his accuracy. Kyler is flat out inaccurate if you ask him to hit a guy in stride up the seams or hit a dig route. Consistently off target or a tough catch even when completed. Lamar isn't in that context but he's a terribly inaccurate thrower because he sailed a deep ball to a tight end. Come on lol. And now he can't throw screens apparently. It's irrational. 

Anyway back to JK. 

Edited by Deuce1042
  • Like 1

Lamar might attempt less than 10 passes this week. I hope they rush so much everyone can eat including our Dobbins. I'm just hoping Edwards doesn't luck into all the tuddy's. Tell that cat to share the load (that's what she said).