NBC Sports Edge Forums

J.K. Dobbins 2020 Outlook

Just now, dontclapGonorrhea said:

wasn't as impressed with his outcome. 15.1 points in ppr was great and all, but felt against the Jags he should have had at least 5 ypc

It's a shame the game got out of hand fast with relatively minimal production from JKD (TD saved the day). That said, he still dominated the back field touches. Hoping NYG can keep it closer next week and let this guy get some more burn/hopefully a TD or 2. 

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

C’mon man....u been doubting JK this whole time, and giving people bad advice to drop him. Now all of a sudden u own him?? Lmao

getting a taste of dobbins and then getting covid is similar to just the tip and no nut. The teasing needs to stop.

Damn he's got receipts

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, dontclapGonorrhea said:

wasn't as impressed with his outcome. 15.1 points in ppr was great and all, but felt against the Jags he should have had at least 5 ypc

Until Lamar stops running 10+ times a game, this will continue and his upside capped. Only a matter of time before Lamar gets his clock rung and he tries to become more of a “QB”. 

4 straight games with a TD, anyone scared of the law of averages? without a TD hes probably sub 10 point performer and the Giants have allowed ONE 100 yard rusher all season in Benny Snell week 1

with Wilson, Pollard, Leveon Bell etc type RB's being plucked from WW's, some owners will have very tough decisions

13 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

4 straight games with a TD, anyone scared of the law of averages? without a TD hes probably sub 10 point performer and the Giants have allowed ONE 100 yard rusher all season in Benny Snell week 1

with Wilson, Pollard, Leveon Bell etc type RB's being plucked from WW's, some owners will have very tough decisions

I worry bc I haven't started him yet... but will need to this week, due to injuries.

Similar to finally giving Akers the start last week.

On 12/23/2020 at 11:28 AM, UMFLADFWM said:

I worry bc I haven't started him yet... but will need to this week, due to injuries.

Similar to finally giving Akers the start last week.

I understand. I'm similar when I haven't ever started a guy. I got lucky in my only two Dobbins starts so I'm way more open to starting him. If you feel it go for it , if you don't then trust yourself

On 12/23/2020 at 11:13 AM, kmoore1521 said:

[...] 

Lamar and Gus the Bus just taking away too many touches. He's TD dependent because the volume ain't there. 

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Assistant Coach content

Ravens declared RB Mark Ingram, WR James Proche, C Trystan Colon-Castillo, OLB Jaylon Ferguson, DT Broderick Washington, CB Marcus Peters, and CB Jimmy Smith inactive for Week 16 against the Giants. 

Ingram was a healthy scratch last week too. He's been fully phased out of Baltimore's offense as the team rolls with a backfield of J.K. Dobbins and Gus Edwards. Dobbins should continue to lead the Baltimore backfield in carries and targets. He's a high-floor RB2 against New York while Edwards is a low-end RB3 who will need to cash in on goal line chances. 

RELATED: 
Dec 27, 2020, 11:31 AM ET

23 minutes ago, Sonny_D said:

Giants struggle mightily against pass catching RB’s out of the backfield (sans Hunt last week). I like JK to have some extra looks out of the backfield today and put up RB1 numbers. 

Just need LJ to actually get the ball to Dobbins. Unfortunately, every time I’ve watched Baltimore I see Dobbins wide open multiple times for a quick toss but LJ simply refuses to throw it to him, instead choosing to keep the ball and run. Very frustrating as a Dobbins owner. If LJ actually did make use of Dobbins from time to time in those situations their offense would be so much deadlier.

Edited by Lamont Sanford
3 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

Just need LJ to actually get the ball to Dobbins. Unfortunately, every time I’ve watched Baltimore I see Dobbins wide open multiple times for a quick toss but LJ simply refuses to throw it to him, instead choosing to keep the ball and run. Very frustrating as a Dobbins owner. If LJ actually did make use of Dobbins from time to time in those situations their offense would be so much deadlier.

I agree. But I think this is the week he gets a few looks. Giants LB’s are tough, I think he gets JK involved a bit out of the backfield. 

Everyone was worried about Ingram's involvement/snaps to start the season, turned out it was Gus the Bus that was the bigger threat. 

But JK definitely looked electric out there at times. Kinda hard to understand his under-utilization other than because he's a rook. His role and involvement should only grow.

• Like 1

This forum really understates how good Gus Edwards is. He splits carries with JK down the middle for a reason. 

There’s a chance Gus leaves in the offseason though so it wouldn’t surprise me if JK winds up being a Bell Cow. He’s more than good enough. 

• Like 3
15 hours ago, Deuce1042 said:

This forum really understates how good Gus Edwards is. He splits carries with JK down the middle for a reason. 

There’s a chance Gus leaves in the offseason though so it wouldn’t surprise me if JK winds up being a Bell Cow. He’s more than good enough. 

Hoping for the same...but Balt likes their RBs...they have some cap room next year and can save $5M by cutting Ingram....unless Gus gets a monster offer he may stay and form a 2 headed monster with Dobbins

10 minutes ago, codyodea said:

JK was shaken up on his last carry. I know he went back in for a couple more snaps but just as a decoy for a couple Lamar runs. Hope he's alright. Gus finished the game out. 

Yeah, and helped fumble at the GL.

5 hours ago, svtballa said:

Now the question remains...Where to draft him next year??  I feel like if you want him it's going to cost a second

If Gus remains Id be nervous that this split continues....but hes probably a late 2d  with Gus and a late 1st if Gus leaves...