NBC Sports Edge Forums

J.K. Dobbins 2020 Outlook

58 minutes ago, pushaZ said:

Anyone concerned on this latest report that they are putting JK on special teams in practice?

He is listed as the number 4 rb right now.  RB's that far down the depth chart play on special teams. Doesn't mean he won't be good this year.  Just look at Mosert last year.  Played on special teams for SF the first half of last year. 

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

C’mon man....u been doubting JK this whole time, and giving people bad advice to drop him. Now all of a sudden u own him?? Lmao

getting a taste of dobbins and then getting covid is similar to just the tip and no nut. The teasing needs to stop.

Damn he's got receipts

Posted Images

13 hours ago, OrangeAggie said:

No offense, but you're wrong about a lot of things. Justice Hill was a rookie last year and was literally the fastest RB at the 2019 combine. Hill also had the best vertical and a burst score in the 95th percentile, so Dobbins probably isn't even the most athletic RB on the team. 

Look, I get the Dobbins hype, but we heard all the same stuff about Hill last year after an incredible combine, a great camp and a great preseason. He was even being drafted in the same range as Dobbins (7th round for Dobbins, 9th for Hill in my league), so this all seems like Deja Vu to me.

Hill ended up playing less than expected last year because he was weak in pass protection, which also happened to be the biggest knock on Dobbins going into the draft, so in my opinion this is going to be a very similar situation to last year. Ingram is going to get the bulk of the carries and Edwards/Hill/Dobbins are going to fight for scraps and some 3rd down work,. 

Way too much risk here in my opinion. You're not only banking on Ingram losing his job, but you're also gambling that Dobbins is going to be so much better than Hill and Edwards that they won't just make it a timeshare if Ingram gets hurt. 

Way too much risk? He's being drafted where Mack, Gibson, RoJo & Howard are. They all have risk but not all of them have the same upside.

1 minute ago, sportsfreak2744 said:

Way too much risk? He's being drafted where Mack, Gibson, RoJo & Howard are. They all have risk but not all of them have the same upside.

I have two lotto tickets, Moss and Dobbins. Outside of CEH, I think Moss has the potential to be the other star rookie RB. Although Dobbins should be good eventually, I don't think Gus Edwards will go away. Not too worried about Justice Hill. If they involve Dobbins in the passing game he could be a nice flex. I don't see much more than that unless Ingram gets hurt.

• Like 4

I drafted him in auction , mostly for keeper next year.  I think he will have a role but they will run Ingram to the ground in their super bowl run.  Potentially handing dobbins the job next year in a high potent run offense.   It's worth a shot

• Like 1

Dividends will pay by mid season at the earliest. Unless injury ofcourse.

And don’t overreact to one or two blow up games along the way. 

Just try and keep close track of the Ravens backfield, and watch their games whenever possible. 

Dobbins will just marinate on my bench for now. Unless he comes out Super Saiyan 3 right out the gate. 

Just hard to envision that will all the backs currently healthy. 

• Like 2
17 hours ago, Tghetty said:

I don’t like the “injury away from a” scenario... call it as it is now.

akers is in the best spot.  Brown and Henderson are very underwhelming 

dobbins is competing with Ingram, Edwards, and Lamar... 

akers is the pick THIS year because of these circumstances 

McVay said it will be a 3 headed committee. He is a fan of how San Fran operates

35 minutes ago, dave.zavala89 said:

Looks like Justice Hill is ruled out for this weekends game moving Dobbins up the depth chart what are we looking as far usage for game 1?

Honestly I don't think it moves the needle that much, if at all. If It was Gus I might have been singing a different tune, or Ingram but that's a given obviously lol. 

But I'm just guessing over here, who really knows what his workload looks like tomorrow. I would only start Dobbins as a last case resort, if you don't have better options.

His range of outcomes is anywhere from 50 yards to 115 and a tuddie. 

Edited by RunCMC
  • Like 1
Just now, RunCMC said:

Honestly I don't think it moves the needle that much, if at all. If It was Gus I might have been singing a different tune, or Ingram but that's a given obviously lol. 

But I'm just guessing over here, who really knows what his workload looks like tomorrow. I would only start Dobbins as a last case resort, if you don't have better options.

His range of outcomes is anywhere from 50 yards to 115 and a tuddie. 

Yeah, I think he will probably be the passing down back with Hill out. Ravens are loaded at RB. Hill is pretty good, Edwards is no slouch. Ingram. Dobbins geez.

• Like 1

I thought I heard on a podcast somewhere that he's only listed as 4th on the depth chart because of rookie/seniority stuff but he's actually more a 2b RB on the team? Has anybody else heard/read this? 

Also Justice Hill has been in the league at LEAST 3 seasons and has been inured for 2 of those. I swear he has. Don't show me your facts and references. I don't care!

18 minutes ago, yossarian said:

I thought I heard on a podcast somewhere that he's only listed as 4th on the depth chart because of rookie/seniority stuff but he's actually more a 2b RB on the team? Has anybody else heard/read this? 

Also Justice Hill has been in the league at LEAST 3 seasons and has been inured for 2 of those. I swear he has. Don't show me your facts and references. I don't care!

😂

25 minutes ago, yossarian said:

He's definitely 2a.  Gus might be 2b.  Thankfully, they're very different types, so situation should dictate usage.

You're correct about depth chart.

I think Dobbins will get 7-12 touches this week.  Don't think Hill's absence really changes anything.  Might get Dobbins an extra couple snaps.

Playing him probably isn't wise, but there is a scenario possible where he pops big.

3 minutes ago, SadFaceHappy said:

He's definitely 2a.  Gus might be 2b.  Thankfully, they're very different types, so situation should dictate usage.

You're correct about depth chart.

I think Dobbins will get 7-12 touches this week.  Don't think Hill's absence really changes anything.  Might get Dobbins an extra couple snaps.

Playing him probably isn't wise, but there is a scenario possible where he pops big.

I hope they just trade Hill. He is good.

• Like 2
16 hours ago, The G Man said:

Toying with the idea of flexing this guy tomorrow. 

Anyone think he gets enough touches to make him worth a start? 

Not unless you're desperate. His best chance is probably if it's a blowout, which isn't outside the realms of possibility. Given that I'm a Browns fan I hope not.