NBC Sports Edge Forums

J.K. Dobbins 2020 Outlook

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

C’mon man....u been doubting JK this whole time, and giving people bad advice to drop him. Now all of a sudden u own him?? Lmao

getting a taste of dobbins and then getting covid is similar to just the tip and no nut. The teasing needs to stop.

Damn he's got receipts

Posted Images

1 hour ago, theBLSpence said:

How many games do you think it will be before he out-paces Ingram?  Or do you think it'll be next year?  Drafted Dobbins in a dynasty league and I'm looking forward to him being a future stud in the league...

5  😂

I'll be the first to admit I was wrong about his usage, if this game is any indication, it looks like he and Ingram are already in a 50/50 timeshare and it's encouraging to see him getting the GL looks. 

That said, take away those two short TD rushes and his box score is 5 carries for 17 yards. He isn't going to score 2 TD's every week and I would be surprised if he is entrenched as the goal line back over Ingram, so this could very well be a situation where both Ingram and Dobbins are TD dependent and spend much of the season vulturing from each other. 

• Like 4
18 minutes ago, OrangeAggie said:

I'll be the first to admit I was wrong about his usage, if this game is any indication, it looks like he and Ingram are already in a 50/50 timeshare and it's encouraging to see him getting the GL looks. 

That said, take away those two short TD rushes and his box score is 5 carries for 17 yards. He isn't going to score 2 TD's every week and I would be surprised if he is entrenched as the goal line back over Ingram, so this could very well be a situation where both Ingram and Dobbins are TD dependent and spend much of the season vulturing from each other. 

And Hill was out, not that it really mattered tho. He won't get 2 TD's every game, but he won't get only get only 7 carries either.  

and 0 targets. 

Regardless encouraging game one way or another for us. 

3 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

And Hill was out, not that it really mattered tho. He won't get 2 TD's every game, but he won't get only get only 7 carries either.  

and 0 targets. 

Regardless encouraging game one way or another for us. 

Good point, everyone just assumes that he's ahead of Hill based on hype, but if Hill was healthy maybe he's the guy with 2 TD's today, hard to say. Hill looked great last year. 

Definitely gonna need a few more games to see how this backfield shakes out. I'm guessing even the coaches don't know right now, they're probably just stoked at how much depth they have. 

Take over is already upon us. It will never be a bell-cow type situation (this year with everyone healthy), but it will be plenty profitable. I gobbled up J.K. with a ton of 6th/7th round capital. They face the easiest rushing schedule in the league, and Lamar looks like he can keep getting better...scary upside here.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, roughnecker101 said:

Gonna flip a coin between Dobbins & Robinson 

I'm gonna setup a Coin flip round robin tournament including; Goedert, Malcolm Brown, Keenan Allen, Dobbins, McLaurin, Conner, James Robinson, and Snell......lol

luckily I have a 2nd flex spot for the runner up.

Edited by Dark Kn19ht
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
19 minutes ago, Minnesota_Jack said:

Anyone brave enough to actually start this guy. HOU looks juicy. 

As a Le'Veon and Mack owner, I'm debating JK, Malcolm Brown....and a distant Joshua Kelley -- probably a last minute decision that will go incredibly wrong.

...and yes, Dobbins got the two goaline TDs, but only five other carries and no receptions has me needing to see more before I confidently put him in my line-up.

46 minutes ago, Minnesota_Jack said:

Anyone brave enough to actually start this guy. HOU looks juicy. 

no choice but to start him in one of my leagues as my rb2 

could be another high scoring game will see

Did anyone watch the whole game last week? Wondering if he flashed and made Ingram look slow. Also wondering what his roll could be in the passing game even if Ingram gets 15-20 carries. (i.e is he good in protection and how are his hands/routes). Is this a Chubb/Hunt usage or something else. 7-14 carries with 4-6 targets seems reasonable but I'm guessing here. I'm starting today over guys like M.Brown, Sutton, and Preston but it's just a gut call and need more clarity. 

56 minutes ago, Cody_ODea said:

Did anyone watch the whole game last week? Wondering if he flashed and made Ingram look slow. Also wondering what his roll could be in the passing game even if Ingram gets 15-20 carries. (i.e is he good in protection and how are his hands/routes). Is this a Chubb/Hunt usage or something else. 7-14 carries with 4-6 targets seems reasonable but I'm guessing here. I'm starting today over guys like M.Brown, Sutton, and Preston but it's just a gut call and need more clarity. 

Chubb is better than Ingram, and Hunt is better than Dobbins, so probably a stretch to parallel the two, but Baltimore is a much better offense overall so it's not impossible they support two RBs, the problem is Lamar Jackson is talented enough in his own rushing right that my guess is Ingram and Dobbins will yo-yo between good and bad fantasy performances.

• Like 1

Lost Saquon, 16 team league. Dobbins will be my RB2 until I can find someone to trade. Hope they start using him more, he looked great on his couple runs. But man they weren't really trying to spread any love to him yesterday. Gus Edwards looked good too. Pretty scared rn not gonna lie. 

On the Fantasypros podcast they had a take on Dobbins I tend to agree with: He is one of the best handcuffs in the league atm. He had little snaps in both weeks (but looked good when he was on the field) but both Edwards and Ingram clearly out touched him. So if one of them goes down his usage will rise immediately. Until then you have to hope on a very long run better on a touchdown to be fantasy relevant.

• Like 1