Cam Akers 2020 Outlook

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

18/130/3 5/50/1

Dropping him 3 weeks ago after holding all season is going to haunt me.

Akers takeover definitely did not happen this week.  

Posted Images

30 minutes ago, mjb said:

Full blown RRBC ... But LA is one of the run heaviest teams in neutral game script.

They were run heavy while getting killed by Buffalo. 

You can’t predict this team. At. All.

I'd expect Akers to be eased back in slowly this week, getting maybe 20% of carries with Brown/Henderson around 40% each.  Definitely one to "sit and watch."  Akers still has big upside in this offense.

By the way, this guy looked green as grass in the opener to my eye, although that was a small sample.

• Like 1
On 10/8/2020 at 2:44 PM, KennyWoo said:

By the way, this guy looked green as grass in the opener to my eye, although that was a small sample.

Completely agree. I'm a big eye test guy. And I realize it's an incredibly small sample, but he looked VERY ordinary. 

On 10/6/2020 at 3:49 PM, Deevo said:

Guy is on waivers. Should I bid big?

I'm not so sure he's worth a big bid.  His value has drastically decreased since your league's draft day do yourself a favor and save some FAAB.  I'd certainly put a bid in for him but I'd try to keep it under 10% of your FAAB he may not even get many snaps this week.

He's certainly a nice lottery ticket.  But keep in mind even when the lottery jackpot is extremely high the tickets are still the same cheap price.

Have held this guy and it finally looks like he will get some playing time.    Expectations are really low for me at this point.  Lottery ticket for sure but it looks like next year might be better for him. 

I think he looks great with the ball in his hands. I wouldn't be shocked if he quickly gets a decent share of opps this week. 

An absolute desperation play in league play... but I low-key like him as a super cheap DFS tournament flier. You never know. It's not like Darryl Henderson is rookie year Todd Gurley or anything... 

18 minutes ago, ChicksDigTheOPS said:

I think he looks great with the ball in his hands. I wouldn't be shocked if he quickly gets a decent share of opps this week. 

An absolute desperation play in league play... but I low-key like him as a super cheap DFS tournament flier. You never know. It's not like Darryl Henderson is rookie year Todd Gurley or anything... 

Yea, not sure why people say he looked bad, he looked pretty good to me. He made defenders miss on almost every play, showed a variety of spins, jukes, and cuts, and had no critical mistakes. He looked to me like he can make some things happen once he finds daylight, which will come with more chances. He also is a pass catcher, and will get more opportunities to do so.

He pretty much just gained 3 yards on every carry, which is why people think he was bad, but I think once he gets up to speed people will be surprised. He’s not David Montgomery based on what I saw.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Sivaro said:

Akers ran for 6.8 YPC....Looked much better than the first outing.  

Waitttt are you trying to tell me this 21 year old rookie isn't already washed up? Man I'm shocked he outperformed his first career game after having no preseason..

/s

• Haha 1
9 minutes ago, stay_woke said:

Waitttt are you trying to tell me this 21 year old rookie isn't already washed up? Man I'm shocked he outperformed his first career game after having no preseason..

/s

He looked pedestrian in the opener, no burst.   That was the worry.    We have seen plenty of busts than never pan out   Glad he changed some opinions on him today.

21 minutes ago, Sivaro said:

Akers ran for 6.8 YPC....Looked much better than the first outing.  

He had a 46 yard run. So 8 carries for 15 yards other then that. He's been awful this year other then that one run. It was a nice run though. I am beyond heavily invested now haha. Bought him up everywhere for nothing and treating as a stash and nothing more for now. People can't wait to get rid of this guy right now. Might as well grab him and see what happens.

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Benjamin1984 said:

He had a 46 yard run. So 8 carries for 15 yards other then that. He's been awful this year other then that one run. It was a nice run though. I am beyond heavily invested now haha. Bought him up everywhere for nothing and treating as a stash and nothing more for now. People can't wait to get rid of this guy right now. Might as well grab him and see what happens.

Yes.

If you remove all of DKs bombs he’s basically  JJ Arcega-Whiteside.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Its incredibly difficult to predict how this plays out but he received a lot of touches last night when one considers all the circumstances. If you have him it would be tough to cut right now but we're into bye weeks and so I would understand it if you did cut him.