Cam Akers 2020 Outlook

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

18/130/3 5/50/1

Dropping him 3 weeks ago after holding all season is going to haunt me.

Akers takeover definitely did not happen this week.  

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, hubbell525 said:

Can't believe they wasted a 2nd rd pick on a RB who they don't even use

Didn't they do the same thing with Henderson last year, draft and not play him?

18 minutes ago, MingusDew said:

Any chance he's a better play than Brown if Henderson misses? He's flashed a few times for sure and the matchup is there.

The matchup seems to favor Brown though in my opinion. I would guess Akers is the better option only if they were in a positive gamescript. Seems like Brown will be in a lot this weekend on passing plays as they try and keep up with Seattle.

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, MingusDew said:

Any chance he's a better play than Brown if Henderson misses? He's flashed a few times for sure and the matchup is there.

I’m not sure how much McVay trusts him in pass pro. At this point, Brown might be the favorite for touches.

FYI...personally, i am of the camp that browns role remains the same if Henderson were to miss time (pass catching, gl back) and akers would take over on everything else.

Rams' Darrell Henderson: No practice reps Wednesday

1 hr ago |

Henderson (thigh/quadriceps) won't participate in Wednesday's practice, Jourdan Rodrigue of The Athletic reports.

On the heels of the Rams' Week 9 bye, Henderson continues to deal with the thigh and quad issues that forced him out of the team's last game, a loss on Nov. 1 to the Dolphins. Consequently, his status should be monitored closely as the week goes on to get a sense of his potential to suit up Sunday against the Seahawks. If he's unable to go, Henderson will yield backfield work to some combination of Malcolm Brown and Cam Akers.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, herschel said:

FYI...personally, i am of the camp that browns role remains the same if Henderson were to miss time (pass catching, gl back) and akers would take over on everything else.

Rams' Darrell Henderson: No practice reps Wednesday

1 hr ago |

Henderson (thigh/quadriceps) won't participate in Wednesday's practice, Jourdan Rodrigue of The Athletic reports.

On the heels of the Rams' Week 9 bye, Henderson continues to deal with the thigh and quad issues that forced him out of the team's last game, a loss on Nov. 1 to the Dolphins. Consequently, his status should be monitored closely as the week goes on to get a sense of his potential to suit up Sunday against the Seahawks. If he's unable to go, Henderson will yield backfield work to some combination of Malcolm Brown and Cam Akers.

I agree with this. The question becomes whether "everything else" is more valuable from a fantasy perspective, though. As others have said I'm not convinced.

1 minute ago, MingusDew said:

I agree with this. The question becomes whether "everything else" is more valuable from a fantasy perspective, though. As others have said I'm not convinced.

im not convinced either, but there is value nonetheless in that roll.  especially during byes and with injuries.  less so in ppr, but maybe some flex appeal....

• Like 1
10 hours ago, hubbell525 said:

Same thing can be said for CEH,Taylor, Swift, Dobbins.

Best case scenario is that Hendo is out, Akers has a blowup game that results in a key Rams win and forces McVays hand in giving Akers a bigger role going forward.

He put this play on tape last week, maybe they'll get him involved in the passing game. Don't think Henderson makes this play, Brown certainly doesn't. 

Should be a shootout this week.. if Henderson were to miss, I think Akers could be started in a pinch. Henderson was getting his fair share of goalline carries as well, so while Brown would undoubtedly play more snaps, Akers could get a nice share of touches and a TD chance.

• Thanks 1
20 hours ago, hubbell525 said:

You think its wise to make a definitive call only ten weeks in on a rookie who had no pre-season? Deep breath and pump the breaks. Cut him and move on if you dare but the seasons not over yet. He has a solid 4.2 YPC behind a horrible line.

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, Olliemets said:

He put this play on tape last week, maybe they'll get him involved in the passing game. Don't think Henderson makes this play, Brown certainly doesn't. 

Should be a shootout this week.. if Henderson were to miss, I think Akers could be started in a pinch. Henderson was getting his fair share of goalline carries as well, so while Brown would undoubtedly play more snaps, Akers could get a nice share of touches and a TD chance.

Only make decisions based on emotion. Stop thinking this through, that's cheating. 🤣

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Evincar said:

Best case scenario is that Hendo is out, Akers has a blowup game that results in a key Rams win and forces McVays hand in giving Akers a bigger role going forward.

Those guys you listed are all vastly outperforming Akers.......

• Haha 1
On 11/11/2020 at 11:26 PM, Evincar said:

All the guys you mentioned have gotten WAY more work than Akers has. Akers - 35 carries

JT - 113 carries

CEH - 126 carries

Swift - 54 carries & 26 Rec

Dobbins - 52 carries

On 11/12/2020 at 10:09 AM, nb009 said:

Definitely starting him if Henderson is out. Could see him blowing up in this game.

Lol. Came back to Rotoworld to see whether Henderson was still missing practice and I can use Akers, only to see Henderson is now practicing in full...and 3 of my other starters now have Qs next to their name out of nowhere. I love this game we play.

• Like 1