NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Cam Akers 2020 Outlook

smeeze

46 minutes ago, nb009 said:

Lol. Came back to Rotoworld to see whether Henderson was still missing practice and I can use Akers, only to see Henderson is now practicing in full...and 3 of my other starters now have Qs next to their name out of nowhere. I love this game we play.

Q's seem to be the new P's. You're probably ok.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, hubbell525 said:

All the guys you mentioned have gotten WAY more work than Akers has. Akers - 35 carries

JT - 113 carries

CEH - 126 carries

Swift - 54 carries & 26 Rec

Dobbins - 52 carries

Yes he has been used the least. My point was that all those guys have either been misused and/or not given enough touches. Look at it another way, if someone faded all the 1st and 2nd round RBs from this class they would not have missed out on much.

10 minutes ago, munygon2 said:

Thoughts on Akers going forward? He led the team with yards and carries last week.

mcvay wanted a three headed committee from the beginning of the season and thats what he has.  upside will be limited without an injury. still a miniscule chance for a huge break out, but opportunities will be limited, so little room for error....

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BIGFATPANDA said:

Good bench stash. Brown is a jag. Only comp is Darrel and he’s banged up...

brown may be a jag, but hes in line for majority of passing work which limits any upside.  agree, akers is worth the stash, but barring an injury, will be tough to start him....

1 hour ago, herschel said:

brown may be a jag, but hes in line for majority of passing work which limits any upside.  agree, akers is worth the stash, but barring an injury, will be tough to start him....

I Never said to start him... I said he’s a bench stash til we get more clarity...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, munygon2 said:

Thoughts on Akers going forward? He led the team with yards and carries last week.

No startable value unless Henderson misses time, at which point he'd be in a pretty even split with Brown making him a low-end RB2. 

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, sportsfreak2744 said:

Isn't Henderson PFF's #1 graded runner this year? 

Surely you don't think this is still the case after the past several weeks of mediocrity, do you? :)  He looks to be at an 83 now, while Damien Harris is #1 at 90.8.

5 minutes ago, herschel said:

with no action in the passing game, barring an injury, i dont see this guy startable ros.  that doesnt mean hes not worth holding on to, just wouldnt want to be in a position where i am starting him in a playoff game....

Henderson was doing quite well with little action in the passing game though, and Akers is actually an adept pass-catcher. I think the path to relevance for Akers is probably LAR downsizing to a 2-back rotation (maybe not likely barring injury), as Akers just swapping places with Henderson wouldn't lead to much production (basically what Henderson is doing now) and Brown is likely locked in as the passing-down guy due to pass-protection prowess and experience.

What I do think could shift the equation a bit is LAR going run-heavy again... Goff can't be trusted!

Edited by Vendetta
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Vendetta said:

There should be! I wonder if today was enough to take over the #1 spot in the committee...

Is Sean McVay still the coach of the St Louis of Los Angeles Rams? If the answer is "yes" then the answer to your question is "no". There is no guaranteed week-to-week #1 spot for that RB committee .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Vendetta said:

Surely you don't think this is still the case after the past several weeks of mediocrity, do you? :)  He looks to be at an 83 now, while Damien Harris is #1 at 90.8.

Whether he slipped from the top spot or not, my larger point is that he's been running well this year and I don't think Akers busting a long run yesterday suddenly invalidates that.

And I certainly wouldn't bet on Henderson's situation changing barring injury/his quad being determined the cause of his last two duds which seem to be more a result of opponent (Tampa, San Fran).

This Rams backfield is like the Colts backfield. Barring injury you just will never know which guy to start. Akers busted off a long run so the coaching staff rode him for a bit. Next week Henderson could have a great opening series and Akers proceeds to never see the field.

It's not worth the heartburn people. This is roulette.

in 2021 rams and colts backfield are just best ball only and not somone i will bother with in season long unless i get them in like 9th or 10th round then it will be dart throw time.I do think if malcom brown goes away henderson akers could become poor mans ajones jamal williams but malcom brown ruins the fun.

• Like 1