NBC Sports Edge Forums

Cam Akers 2020 Outlook

58 minutes ago, Nap Time said:

Seems like Akers will be very startable Week 15 against the Jets.

The Giants just ran 29 times for 188 yards against the Seahawks, so Akers is startable Week 16.

I'm a bit leary of Week 14 because Belichick owns Goff.

Wow, I totally forgot about their Super Bowl matchup. 13-3? I don’t remember that score either, so it must have been one of the most boring Super Bowls ever.

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

18/130/3 5/50/1

Dropping him 3 weeks ago after holding all season is going to haunt me.

Akers takeover definitely did not happen this week.  

Posted Images

He’s FA in my league and I’ve seen enough.  I been watching for the past couple weeks and I really think the tide has turned.  Hoping I can snag him for his game v NYJ.  [...] Cam might be right for my RB2 that week. Leggo 🙏

I still don’t feel 100% confident even after today (converting one of those GL carries would have been great), but he’s on the right path toward being a great FLEX in weeks 15 and 16 if he shows out next week vs. NE.

• Like 1

Was on the fence between Akers/Booker for a WW pickup this past week. Went with Akers, and I'm looking forward to the finish of the season. NE will be a battle, but I really need him for week 15 (Jets) and hopefully Week 16 (Seattle)

28 minutes ago, FantasyGuru24 said:

Rather have Hendo to be honest 

Any particular reason why? Henderson seems to be trending down going back a few weeks now.. I understand he was getting his knee looked at which led to more opportunities for Akers but 21 carries is nothing to scoff at plus Akers has been receiving all of the goal line looks lately. But I'm also a bias Cam owner who desperately needs him to take over this  backfield. The good news is Brown seems to be pretty much phased out. 

28 minutes ago, TeflonDonNewcombe said:

Any particular reason why? Henderson seems to be trending down going back a few weeks now.. I understand he was getting his knee looked at which led to more opportunities for Akers but 21 carries is nothing to scoff at plus Akers has been receiving all of the goal line looks lately. But I'm also a bias Cam owner who desperately needs him to take over this  backfield. The good news is Brown seems to be pretty much phased out. 

disclaimer: Green Akers shareholder, am i.  

he got the bulk of the work vs the Cards because Hendu left early with a knee injury ... but, fwiw, i believe Hendu started, and saw some early action before Akers took the field. 

Akers was steady, if unspectacular, for the most part ... but he was a grinder, got the tough yards, helped move the chains and milk the clock (the Rams had a 40 to 20 t.o.p. advantage).

his 9 yd TD run was way more impressive than Hendu's 38 yd scamper ... Akers dragged a handful of Cards into the ez from around the five yd line, whereas Hendu found a seam with virtually nobody home deep for Arizona ... he basically waltzed in untouched.

all 3 backs had impressive chunk gains on receptions.

atm, yes, Brown seems the odd man out ... now, question is, did Greeny do enough to keep Hendu at bay?  i tend to think he has, but this shoulder injury is not good on a short week. 

IF he is back to full practice, then i would expect at least 60% of the snaps ... how many touches that translates to is anybody's guess.  

ETA: 7 carries from inside the 10, but only 1 cash in ... gotta do better, lest Brown starts getting those calls again. 

Edited by pastorofmuppets2
  • Like 2

(3 hrs ago) Coach Sean McVay said Tuesday that he expects Akers (shoulder) to play in Thursday's game versus the Patriots, Lindsey Thiry of ESPN.com reports.

Akers took the field as a limited participant in Tuesday's walkthrough practice after being listed as DNP on Monday. While the rookie running back earned the vote of confidence well in advance of Thursday's game, there is some concern that his reps could be managed following a condensed practice week, especially given McVay's inclination for a committee backfield. Darrell Henderson and Malcolm Brown would both benefit from that approach. Regardless, Akers' practice capacity Wednesday is worth keeping an eye on in case of a setback.

10 hours ago, herschel said:

(3 hrs ago) Coach Sean McVay said Tuesday that he expects Akers (shoulder) to play in Thursday's game versus the Patriots, Lindsey Thiry of ESPN.com reports.

Akers took the field as a limited participant in Tuesday's walkthrough practice after being listed as DNP on Monday. While the rookie running back earned the vote of confidence well in advance of Thursday's game, there is some concern that his reps could be managed following a condensed practice week, especially given McVay's inclination for a committee backfield. Darrell Henderson and Malcolm Brown would both benefit from that approach. Regardless, Akers' practice capacity Wednesday is worth keeping an eye on in case of a setback.

Starter rest day. Fire him up!

Ehhh it’s tough.

In keeper formats he looks like he has a great outlook but this week in the playoffs? That’s a different story. With Brown and Henderson he’s been a 25% snap share type of guy. Not really trying to find out if that suddenly changes against Belichick.