Cam Akers 2020 Outlook

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

18/130/3 5/50/1

Dropping him 3 weeks ago after holding all season is going to haunt me.

Akers takeover definitely did not happen this week.  

Posted Images

I'll be targeting this dude in round 2 next year, hell maybe round 1. Which RBs are you targeting before him? CMC, Kamara, Henry, Robinson, Cook, Jacobs, Chubb, maybe Zeke/Jones/Ekeler, then I think I like Akers more than the likes of say Mixon, Sanders, or CEH. 

Edit: and that offense with Kupp and Woods all but guarantees room to run.

Edited by young dude

Seriously though, it’s going to be fascinating watching the Rams offense the next few weeks. Troy Aikman talked about it a lot on the broadcast tonight, but McVay runs the most 11 personnel out of any team in the NFL. 

Tonight they went heavy with 12 personnel, two tight ends for more formation looks, extra blocking and different than the NFL has really seen from Mcvay, and they slammed it down the Pats throat. 

it’s possible that was a matchup thing that Mcvay saw and was just super effective vs the Pats.. or he saw the light in 12 and Akers is about to get fed. 

I’m on the latter. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, LarryDavid said:

Seriously though, it’s going to be fascinating watching the Rams offense the next few weeks. Troy Aikman talked about it a lot on the broadcast tonight, but McVay runs the most 11 personnel out of any team in the NFL. 

Tonight they went heavy with 12 personnel, two tight ends for more formation looks, extra blocking and different than the NFL has really seen from Mcvay, and they slammed it down the Pats throat. 

it’s possible that was a matchup thing that Mcvay saw and was just super effective vs the Pats.. or he saw the light in 12 and Akers is about to get fed. 

I’m on the latter. 

The first/second quarter blocking schemes and play designs were beautiful to watch. The misdirection, pulling lineman, play action, and pace looked impossible to defend.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Cardiak said:

Jets aren't a good matchup for rb's lately.

Interesting.  Since their Week 10 bye they've been strong against the run.  But those were all backup RBs (Ballage, Washington, Booker).

He was only started in 37% of Yahoo leagues; the fantasy analyst community has to take some ownership of the fact they actively talked down starting him all week. For not much reason ... he had 20+ touches the previous week and the Pats were not that impressive a run defense. I feel his starting percentage should have been higher.

I know I white-knuckled it a bit because so many sources said not to start him or had him ranked outside the top 24 RBs.

Edited by LongBalls
15 minutes ago, LongBalls said:

He was only started in 37% of Yahoo leagues; the fantasy analyst community has to take some ownership of the fact they actively talked down starting him all week. For not much reason ... he had 20+ touches the previous week and the Pats were not that impressive a run defense. I feel his starting percentage should have been higher.

I know I white-knuckled it a bit because so many sources said not to start him or had him ranked outside the top 24 RBs.

His practice pattern was the reason why I started him. He had 22 touches last week, then missed Monday’s practice with a “shoulder injury.” Then he was limited, then he was full. That’s stud treatment and a break from the season long practice pattern for any RB on the team.

Going forward he is a must start RB1.

Edited by MJJ28
  • Like 3
8 minutes ago, MJJ28 said:

His practice pattern was the reason why I started him. He had 22 touches last week, then missed Monday’s practice with a “shoulder injury.” Then he was limited, then he was full. That’s stud treatment and a break from the season long practice pattern for any RB on the team.

Going forward he is a must start RB1.

There were signs. I think people should have put more weight into the 21 carries the week before ... that's a lot. I don't think Brown has ever hit it, and Henderson may have got close one game early in the season. I think it's been pretty clear McVay has been moving toward Akers since his relative breakout against SF three weeks ago.

Also choo-choo NYJ next week.

Edited by LongBalls

Coach seems to be fully committed to Akers now. Didn't even run out Brown or Hendo in obvious clock killing time when the game was already sealed.

I was concerned about that shoulder injury but obviously that wasn't an issue at all. 

3 hours ago, young dude said:

I'll be targeting this dude in round 2 next year, hell maybe round 1. Which RBs are you targeting before him? CMC, Kamara, Henry, Robinson, Cook, Jacobs, Chubb, maybe Zeke/Jones/Ekeler, then I think I like Akers more than the likes of say Mixon, Sanders, or CEH. 

Edit: and that offense with Kupp and Woods all but guarantees room to run.

Would you pick him ahead of Taylor?