Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Cam Akers 2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

18/130/3 5/50/1

Dropping him 3 weeks ago after holding all season is going to haunt me.

Akers takeover definitely did not happen this week.  

Posted Images

I feel somewhat vindicated for drafting this guy as early as I did, he's definitely a good RB but got absolutely no carries early in the year and was banged up too I believe. Not sure how I feel drafting him in the top three rounds next year as long as Darrell Henderson is there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/11/2021 at 5:30 AM, daethfromabove1979 said:

I feel somewhat vindicated for drafting this guy as early as I did, he's definitely a good RB but got absolutely no carries early in the year and was banged up too I believe. Not sure how I feel drafting him in the top three rounds next year as long as Darrell Henderson is there.

You aren’t getting him in the third round.

He’s going to be a second round pick. Over his last 6 games he’s on a 16 game pace of 1,496 rushing yards and 8 TDS along with some receptions sprinkled in. I get Henderson is going to be around but Akers seems to be the guy for a coach that knows how to use RBs and loves to run the ball. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

You aren’t getting him in the third round.

He’s going to be a second round pick. Over his last 6 games he’s on a 16 game pace of 1,496 rushing yards and 8 TDS along with some receptions sprinkled in. I get Henderson is going to be around but Akers seems to be the guy for a coach that knows how to use RBs and loves to run the ball. 

Yep 2nd rounder 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Akers over CEH going foward.

I mean easily...

The Rams are way more invested in the run and Akers is a better runner as well IMO. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Akers over CEH going foward.

Is this a joke?

 

Akers will be a 25 touch guy. Don’t forget Damien Williams is coming back too who seems to be a better fit for what KC wants to do. 
 

Akers 1.11 - 2.05 draft spot 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I absolutely love Akers next year. The Rams finally realized towards the end of the year that Akers is the best player and gives them the best chance to win. Brown and Henderson are garbage. I would gladly take Akers in the second round next year. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/17/2021 at 1:38 PM, sSektor said:

I would absolutely take Akers end of the first or early second if the Rams upgrade at QB. Goddamn does Goff freaking suck.

 

Maybe because they have Goff they have become a more run heavy team? I rather see them invest more in the OL than worry about QB.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/17/2021 at 10:38 AM, sSektor said:

I would absolutely take Akers end of the first or early second if the Rams upgrade at QB. Goddamn does Goff freaking suck.

Goff isn’t a bad QB for Akers. He’s decent enough to where the offense isn’t 100% useless but not good enough for them to ever go air raid. I agree he ducks in real life but for Akers fantasy purposes he’s not a total black hole. There really isn’t a better replacement out there either other than Dak which isn’t happening. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

If he falls far enough, sure I’ll grab him. But Mcvay is Mcvay, and Henderson was PFF’s #1 ranked RB midway through the season, so I don’t see why Henderson wouldn’t vulture snaps from Akers. If you have 2 productive RB’s, you have to use them. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Chippa said:

If he falls far enough, sure I’ll grab him. But Mcvay is Mcvay, and Henderson was PFF’s #1 ranked RB midway through the season, so I don’t see why Henderson wouldn’t vulture snaps from Akers. If you have 2 productive RB’s, you have to use them. 

The fact they gave Akers the workload they did during their most critical time of the season is pretty telling. McVay never committed to Henderson even when he was playing his best football and Akers was hurt.

Henderson will be a nice handcuff for Akers owners at least.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

As someone who drafted Akers in Dynasty and couldn't much use him the past season, the last couple weeks have been pretty exciting: in December and January on average 22 carries for 94 yd and half a TD, plus 2 rec for 25 yd.

tenor.gif

A bit more receiving work would be nice, but still, that would make him RB5-10 more or less. 

Peak Gurley used to get similar number touches per game so it's not as if McVay hasn't done it before. Still, I try to be careful... next season is still very far away and many things can happen.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

I'd like him a bit more if they could draft some talented interior linemen but I don't think they have draft picks now until the heat death of the universe.

  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m drafting 12th next year (winner of my league drafts last [humble brag]) and I’m fully torqued to take him at the turn. He is very good at football and - correct me if I’m wrong - I don’t think coaches really pay attention to PFF grades. I don’t view Henderson as a threat at all, especially considering they drafted Cam in the second a year after drafting Henderson in the third. To me that is a sign they weren’t sold on Darrell as their guy. You could argue depth at RB but that’s a lot of capital to spend on your backfield.. clearly they liked what they saw in Cam to nab him and once he was healthy and up to speed he owned the backfield. In short, I love this guy and loved him before the upgrade at QB. Barring injury he’s a top 5 RB next year with his ability and the terrific situation he’s in.. with a great defense and competent offense where he should be the focal point. I’m not a rams fan but genuinely excited to see what Stafford can do with an actual run game and a top tier defense.  

Edited by TeflonDonNewcombe
Link to post
Share on other sites

Cam literally led all running backs in PFF grade (84.8) in his two post-season games - and PFF was stumping for him as a bell-cow before the season even started.  They couldn’t be higher on him, FWIW.

Edited by BMcP
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fachowski said:

Will probably combo him next season with Kelce in my first two rounds.

Right now it looks like Kelce might be (late) 1st round; I'm going to assume Akers ends up in the 2nd so that's not too weird a statement.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

Right now it looks like Kelce might be (late) 1st round; I'm going to assume Akers ends up in the 2nd so that's not too weird a statement.

I would be comfortable with taking him in the 1st round. As of right now, the only running back's I'll take ahead of Akers are CMC, Kamara, Henry, Cook, Chubb, and Ez E.

And, I'll level him with Taylor and Barkley.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, fachowski said:

I would be comfortable with taking him in the 1st round. As of right now, the only running back's I'll take ahead of Akers are CMC, Kamara, Henry, Cook, Chubb, and Ez E.

And, I'll level him with Taylor and Barkley.

I’m sorry but If “Ez E” is Elliot then you are high. That overpaid chubster should not be on that list of names. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, LarryDavid said:

I’m sorry but If “Ez E” is Elliot then you are high. That overpaid chubster should not be on that list of names. 

I'll give him a pass for this season because of the Dak and O-line injuries.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...