NBC Sports Edge Forums

Cam Akers 2020 Outlook

On 2/1/2021 at 8:24 AM, fachowski said:

I would be comfortable with taking him in the 1st round. As of right now, the only running back's I'll take ahead of Akers are CMC, Kamara, Henry, Cook, Chubb, and Ez E.

And, I'll level him with Taylor and Barkley.

He's certainly in the mix.   I wouldn't take Zeke ahead of him at this point.   Maybe not even Chubb.   Sanders belongs in the discussion though.    This next year might be the most divergent in terms of opinions about the top RBs.  

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

18/130/3 5/50/1

Dropping him 3 weeks ago after holding all season is going to haunt me.

Akers takeover definitely did not happen this week.  

Posted Images

3 hours ago, fachowski said:

I'll give him a pass for this season because of the Dak and O-line injuries.

But even with the Dak and O-line injuries Pollard looked like a better back.  Faster, more dynamic, more explosive.  Until Week 16 Elliott did not have a single GAME all season where he averaged 5.0 YPC, and he wouldn't have done it even then if you take away his single longest run of the year.  That is terrible for a "star" running back, and to expect the Cowboys not to take notice of that is wishful thinking.  Pollard is still hungry.  Whether Elliott is too is the question.

McVay is a damn elite offensive mind. The offense was pretty bad this past year in large part to the fact that Goff is horrible and Akers still did extremely well when he got the job.

This offense is almost guaranteed to return to top 10 form as far as I’m concerned and I’d say they’re as good bet as anyone to contend for that #2 slot (Chiefs gonna Chief). This combined with the fact that McVay likes to utilize his RB and knows how to utilize him gives Akers serious upside. 270/1300/12 with like 40/400-500/3-5 is a legitimate ceiling.

Don’t get me wrong, Akers carries a lot of risk with a new QB and Henderson but what RB doesn’t outside the ones that dominate the top 5 in ADP? 

• Like 1
On 2/2/2021 at 10:20 AM, fachowski said:

I'll give him a pass for this season because of the Dak and O-line injuries.

Agreed.   Elliott put up elite fantasy numbers the first 5 games.  He was on pace to match Henry, Kamara, Cook.  With 3 good OL back from injury next year, Elliott is easily in the top RB tier.

As for Pollard, it's easy to post good ypc as a change of pace back.

I love Akers next year but he looks like a good rather than great talent and he hasn't proven he can handle a bellcow role for a full season.  He's an exciting second tier fantasy RB.

Edited by Nap Time
On 2/4/2021 at 2:19 PM, Nap Time said:

Agreed.   Elliott put up elite fantasy numbers the first 5 games.  He was on pace to match Henry, Kamara, Cook.  With 3 good OL back from injury next year, Elliott is easily in the top RB tier.

As for Pollard, it's easy to post good ypc as a change of pace back.

I love Akers next year but he looks like a good rather than great talent and he hasn't proven he can handle a bellcow role for a full season.  He's an exciting second tier fantasy RB.

What makes you say that?