NBC Sports Edge Forums

D'Andre Swift 2020 Outlook

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Scene: Matt Patricia's office, Allen Park, Michigan. We pan over a disheveled room cluttered with Coney Island hot dog wrappers and empty Faygo bottles. Our hero sits in his extra-wide office cha

I would trade my turkey dinner for a healthy Swift. It's that important

2 minutes ago, kdpat15 said:

swift is light years their best option, maybe Patricia will realize that during their bye week lol

Defer to veterans. Good luck with Swift being The Man this season. And this is coming from an SEC fan who thought Swift was awesome. As long as All Day is there, Swift will be an afterthought. This is Patricia, btw.

• Like 2
10 hours ago, BLINDSIDERS said:

IDK. Corey Dillon was pretty bad a**. After the Laurence Maroney experiment, BB seemed to say, "To heck with it! We are using them all!"

No. Player  Age Pos G GS Att Yds TD Lng Y/A Y/G A/G Tgt Rec Yds Y/R TD Lng R/G Y/G Ctch% Y/Tgt Touch Y/Tch YScm RRTD Fmb
28 Corey Dillon* 30 RB 15 14 345 1635 12 44 4.7 109.0 23.0 21 15 103 6.9 1 20 1.0 6.9 71.4% 4.9 360 4.8 1738 13 5
33 Kevin Faulk 28   11 1 54 255 2 20 4.7 23.2 4.9 30 26 248 9.5 1 31 2.4 22.5 86.7% 8.3 80 6.3 503 3 2
12 Tom Brady * 27 QB 16 16 43 28 0 10 0.7 1.8 2.7                     43 0.7 28 0 7
35 Patrick Pass 27   14 4 39 141 0 19 3.6 10.1 2.8 32 28 215 7.7 0 22 2.0 15.4 87.5% 6.7 67 5.3 356 0 1
34 Cedric Cobbs 23   3 0 22 50 0 13 2.3 16.7 7.3                     22 2.3 50 0 1

He was. But 345 carries is feeding the ball to the best back. Not a RBBC. This is exactly my point.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Spyplane said:

Long term(next season or beyond), does this guy look like a RB1?

Yes, I think so for sure. He's already establishing a receiving floor playing approximately 1/3 of the snaps, give him 2/3 of the snaps and 12-15 carries and I think he'll be right there in the top 10. If he becomes a legit 70-80% 3 down back, like what they tried to do with Kerryon, he has top 5 upside. He was the best RB in the 2020 class for me.

Edited by MJJ28
  • Like 3

Right now Swift gets a bit more snaps (83 vs 70), but almost no touches for running the ball (12 vs 21) even though they have around the same yards per carry.

Swift dominates Kerryon in targets though (16 vs 3).

Personally I think they should bench Kerryon since Swift looks to be as good a rusher as him, and he is clearly the more trusted as a receiver.

If things stayed the same it looks to be almost 55-45 split.  Maybe one day Patricia may wake up or get fired...

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Lambfordinner said:

Thoughts on a multi-week injury to Peterson, does Swift get 60 or 70% Snap count or is it 50/50 split with Kerryon? Anyone w/Lions 🦁 Homer thoughts appreciated.

So this is a hypothetical, and AP isn't hurt?

13 hours ago, SadFaceHappy said:

So this is a hypothetical, and AP isn't hurt?

Yes, sorry was looking for info on “projected” or guess as to snap count % for Swift & Kerryon if AP has a injury in the next few weeks. Sorry for my confusing post.

10 minutes ago, Heizz said:

Looking to possibly buy-in, is now the time? Or stay away?

spacer.png

Any research you do is going to be as good as any answer you'll get here. Until Patricia and/or Ol' Man AP change course and give Swift more to do, Swift is a minimal rush, pass-catching bye-week FLEX. If you don't already have him and need that on your roster, go for it.

• Thanks 1

I keep hearing about this breakout coming for Swift. I don’t get it. You have a coach in Patricia and OC in Bevell that run the ball. Its Peterson. I might be wrong of course but I don’t see anything changing unless Peterson gets hurt. 

To me, it's a bet on talent.  If given the opportunity, Swift has the talent to breakout.  But the question is: will he get the opportunity?  The coaching staff to this point have not really given him the opportunity as the lead back.  And it's unclear if they will.

I hope they do and I have the bench space to hold him in hopes of that breakout.

Edited by Kilo

The Lions are bad as is.  It's not like they're winning games.  You can't blame it all on a bad defense.

I don't think even the most ardent AP fan is going to say he was anything more than serviceable.  Neither would they say he is the Lions future at RB.

As is, you have no chance of making the playoffs.  Why not at least take a chance and see what your new toy can do?  At worst you see whether or not you have a potentially valuable weapon.  Who knows he might light a fire under your offense.

Swifts injury right before the season started really slowed his takeover of this backfield. I have no doubt had he not been injured they wouldve never signed AP and swift would be seeing solid work. I think theres reason to be somewhat optimistic that coming out of the BYE week this offense will be slightly tweaked and he gets his work ramped up a little. Hard to say though but ill be holding at least 3 more weeks unless something new happens

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, JaylenBrownFanclub said:

Swifts injury right before the season started really slowed his takeover of this backfield. I have no doubt had he not been injured they wouldve never signed AP and swift would be seeing solid work. I think theres reason to be somewhat optimistic that coming out of the BYE week this offense will be slightly tweaked and he gets his work ramped up a little. Hard to say though but ill be holding at least 3 more weeks unless something new happens

They better tweak it or I think Patricia will be fired if they lose this week. As a Lions fan I hope he gets das boot. :P:)

• Thanks 1
6 hours ago, Islanderman said:

I keep hearing about this breakout coming for Swift. I don’t get it. You have a coach in Patricia and OC in Bevell that run the ball. Its Peterson. I might be wrong of course but I don’t see anything changing unless Peterson gets hurt. 

Hard to see a breakout in this Lions Offense 

• tonycpsu locked and unlocked this topic
  • tonycpsu locked this topic