NBC Sports Edge Forums

D'Andre Swift 2020 Outlook

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Scene: Matt Patricia's office, Allen Park, Michigan. We pan over a disheveled room cluttered with Coney Island hot dog wrappers and empty Faygo bottles. Our hero sits in his extra-wide office cha

I would trade my turkey dinner for a healthy Swift. It's that important

11 minutes ago, MingusDew said:

I’m starting him. Should be a high scoring affair. 

Is Stafford not somewhat methodical (and without his big play receiver)... and doesn't Minny like to grind it out with Cook and hope Cousins is efficient?
I'm not convinced there will be a lot of scoring here. That said, I like Hockenson a lot this week, Cook seems almost too obvious a DFS play that I'm fading a bit. Marvin is good value for theoreitcal targets but I'm keeping expectations tempered. Jefferson feels classic stud-or-dud. He is one of the hardest players to predict. 

He likely won't learn, here's the season stats for the three on the ground:

Swift: 54 Att, 250 Yards, 4 TDs (4.6 YPC)

Peterson: 93 Att, 350 Yards, 2 TDs (3.8 YPC) -- Also here's his YPC for his last SIX games: 3.63, 1.4, 2.64, 2.67, 3.27 (WOW it's actually that bad...)

Johnson: 29 Att, 109 Yards, 1 TD (3.8 YPC) 

I get bring Swift along a little more slowly at the start but there's no excuse for it now. Give him 15-20 touches a game, this is unacceptable.  

• Like 1
1 minute ago, mike11 said:

He likely won't learn, here's the season stats for the three on the ground:

Swift: 54 Att, 250 Yards, 4 TDs (4.6 YPC)

Peterson: 93 Att, 350 Yards, 2 TDs (3.8 YPC) -- Also here's his YPC for his last SIX games: 3.63, 1.4, 2.64, 2.67, 3.27 (WOW it's actually that bad...)

Johnson: 29 Att, 109 Yards, 1 TD (3.8 YPC) 

I get bring Swift along a little more slowly at the start but there's no excuse for it now. Give him 15-20 touches a game, this is unacceptable.  

Swift is not getting the reins this year without an injury to AP. It is what it is.

1 minute ago, MingusDew said:

Swift is not getting the reins this year without an injury to AP. It is what it is.

From a dynasty perspective I'm excited though. I do think AP has probably really helped Swift this year from a "how to be a pro perspective" and I also think he's probably helped him to learn some rb nuances; who better to teach you in between the tackles running than AP. So while from a yearly perspective it seems likely he's doesn't break into the high end RB 2 status (He is ironically RB18 on the year in ,5 PPR) I think long term trajectory I'm thrilled with him.

15 minutes ago, mike11 said:

From a dynasty perspective I'm excited though. I do think AP has probably really helped Swift this year from a "how to be a pro perspective" and I also think he's probably helped him to learn some rb nuances; who better to teach you in between the tackles running than AP. So while from a yearly perspective it seems likely he's doesn't break into the high end RB 2 status (He is ironically RB18 on the year in ,5 PPR) I think long term trajectory I'm thrilled with him.

I agree with you regarding the long term outlook.  I'm in a keeper league and I traded for him with the hope he would take off in the later half of the season (2019 Miles Sanders) and with next year in mind.

31 minutes ago, mike11 said:

He's looked amazing. A Sanders-type emergence would be ideal but again that's going to take an AP injury. Even still, he's a locked and loaded mid-range RB2 most weeks. That's pretty good given the desolate RB landscape.

I was listening to the game on the radio (60 degree temps in MN in Nov, you need to be outside).

But I seem to remember one play where Swift  caught a 5 yard pass and was knocked out of bounds at the Vikings one yard line and almost scored.

AP came in for the next play and was stuffed for -4 yards and the Lions had to kick a field goal. 

If he would have added that touchdown, he would have had a very nice day. Rush: 13/64; Rec: 3/33.

Edited by rabaak
1 hour ago, King Gonzo said:

I hope they just fire the coach and phase AP out of the offense since this team is going nowhere anyways.

That would be ideal but I've lost hope in them phasing out AP already halfway through the year and past their bye. Their next 3-4 games are winnable too, I think Patricia will hang on and won't get fired until end of season or offseason

Next up on Adrian Peterson’s 2020 revenge tour: the Washington Football Team.

And the Detroit Lions running back is fired up for Sunday’s game at Ford Field.

“I would be lying to you if I told you that chip on my shoulder wasn't there,” Peterson told Washington, D.C., TV station WUSA9. “They will get to realize what they let go.”

🙄

• Haha 8
On 11/10/2020 at 3:56 PM, King Gonzo said:

“I would be lying to you if I told you that chip on my shoulder wasn't there,” Peterson told Washington, D.C., TV station WUSA9. “They will get to realize what they let go.”

🙄

Lol, that'd be like Brett Favre taking revenge on the Jets when he finished his career with the Vikings.

• Haha 1
On 11/10/2020 at 2:56 PM, King Gonzo said:

🙄

Would be hilarious if he was a healthy scratch...🤞🏼

2 hours ago, PhilaFanBoy said:

“They will get to realize what they let go.”

A guy who has failed to exceed 3 ypc in three of his last 6 games?  A guy who failed to exceed 2.7 ypc with double digits carries over the powerhouse defenses of Jacksonville and Atlanta.

• tonycpsu locked and unlocked this topic
  • tonycpsu locked this topic