NBC Sports Edge Forums

D'Andre Swift 2020 Outlook

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Scene: Matt Patricia's office, Allen Park, Michigan. We pan over a disheveled room cluttered with Coney Island hot dog wrappers and empty Faygo bottles. Our hero sits in his extra-wide office cha

I would trade my turkey dinner for a healthy Swift. It's that important

I have been leaning towards Gibson as my flex back even though I've much preferred what I've seen from Swift.  The guy was actually flexible even with limited touches due to AP.  He was very efficient.

Give him dominant touch share and you get what you see today.  WFT isn't a cake defense either.

I do worry that this was just a brief period of lucidity by Patricia.

12 hours ago, ILuvABGs said:

If he continues this ROS is he a 3rd round pick next season?

Depends on how he closes the season. If it looks like yesterday or a little better he may project into round 1 because of the perceived upside. That may not be a value pick then and you possibly disagree with the valuation but its not my personal valuation, its just me thinking about the history of 1 rounder RB projections. Most of the "guru" get too hot on upside and this is what you get, they drive the market.

I'd say next year these backs go ahead of him:

CMC, Cook, Barkley, Kamara, Elliot (he's been yucky but if they resign Dak he should be a safe floor), Jones, Henry

Then we hit the Sanders, Chubb, Jacobs Tier and it depends how spicy someone wants to get. Also James Robinson... Can't deny what he's done.

He practiced fully on Wednesday, maybe he sustained the concussion during practice? After initially raging, I think I want him to be healthy for the playoffs above all else. However, it would suck if either Peterson or Kerryon had a good game on Sunday and it's back to a time share the week after. 

1 minute ago, claig34 said:

He practiced fully on Wednesday, maybe he sustained the concussion during practice? After initially raging, I think I want him to be healthy for the playoffs above all else. However, it would suck if either Peterson or Kerryon had a good game on Sunday and it's back to a time share the week after. 

This is the biggest concern. Carolina is a smash spot so I could see AP popping off and then dumbass Patricia will be like "clearly he's still got juice in the tank let's not give the rookie more than he can handle herp derp".

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, MingusDew said:

This is the biggest concern. Carolina is a smash spot so I could see AP popping off and then dumbass Patricia will be like "clearly he's still got juice in the tank let's not give the rookie more than he can handle herp derp".

Unfortunately, this is likely what is to happen if Swift misses the game. Opportunities only come around every so often in the NFL. If you don’t capitalize, you lose your chance.

• tonycpsu locked and unlocked this topic