NBC Sports Edge Forums

D'Andre Swift 2020 Outlook

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Scene: Matt Patricia's office, Allen Park, Michigan. We pan over a disheveled room cluttered with Coney Island hot dog wrappers and empty Faygo bottles. Our hero sits in his extra-wide office cha

I would trade my turkey dinner for a healthy Swift. It's that important

Probably didn’t even happen in practice. 
Who knows, Patricia and him could have gone to the bar last night and Matt punched him so bad knocked him out. 

seriously though, I doubt this happened at practice. NO WAY

by Sunday, someone will sell a video to TMZ and make bank so Lazor can talk about it on FOX

• Haha 1

Scene: Matt Patricia's office, Allen Park, Michigan.

We pan over a disheveled room cluttered with Coney Island hot dog wrappers and empty Faygo bottles. Our hero sits in his extra-wide office chair, scratching flakes of Paczki out of his beard when Adrian Peterson enters.

Adrian: Hey boss man, can I talk to you for a minute?

Matt: (belches out the remaining Redpop Faygo he chugged moments earlier) Of course, Adrian. What's up?

Matt opens up an extra large Detroit-style pepperoni pizza box and takes a slice.

A: Hey man, I know we agreed to a plan at the beginning of the season, and I'm thankful for the opportunity, but I gotta get more carries.

M: (chewing) Adrian, I brought you in because I care about your kids. You needed money and we needed a veteran to ease D'Andre in since he didn't get pre-season reps. We both knew by mid-season this was D'Andre's job. Don't you know how much $&!% I've gotten in the media this year giving you so many carries over D'Andre?

A: I'm a first ballot Hall of Famer. My legacy deserves some respect.

Matt grabs his second slice of pizza.

M: (chewing) And I'm an intelligent individual that Bill Belichick thought highly of, but that doesn't matter in the court of public opinion. People online think I'm a fat turd.

A: (nods head slowly) Yeah... but here's the thing. I've already burned through my contract advances paying child support. Y'all might be set for the next 2-3 years with D'Andre but there's still 27 other teams that I haven't played for yet and I need to play for next year's contract. I need more carries to showcase myself. Give me 2 more weeks. Let me run 20 carries on Thanksgiving and you won't hear from me again.

Matt pours Vernors into his glass and chugs a Boston Cooler.

M: (chugging) I feel for you AP, but we already made the switch to D'Andre. How am I supposed to make another switch?

A: No worries Pat, I know all about making switches...

Awkward, uncomfortable silence fills the sticky, sweaty, stale food tinged air.

A: What I mean to say is, tell the media D'Andre has a concussion. Head injuries aren't real injuries so nobody will be able to cor... corbob... coagulate the injury.

Matt strokes his beard in thought as additional flakes of Paczki fall out.

A: Please, Patty. I need this. My kids need this. Won't you please think of the children?

M: (shoving 3 slices of pizza in his mouth) Yo. Adrian. I got you. I'll tell D'Andre he's got a concussion. You get 2 more weeks. Happy Thanksgiving!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 6
2 hours ago, PackerBacker555 said:

Probably didn’t even happen in practice. 
Who knows, Patricia Peterson and him could have gone to the bar last night and Matt Adrian punched him so bad knocked him out. 

seriously though, I doubt this happened at practice. NO WAY

by Sunday, someone will sell a video to TMZ and make bank so Lazor can talk about it on FOX

Fixed.

14 hours ago, Evincar said:

I doubt he plays, especially given that the Lions play on Thanksgiving next Thursday.

I thought concussion protocol was totally based on the doctors' opinion. They do tests and if he passes he's back. This is wrong?

26 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

I thought concussion protocol was totally based on the doctors' opinion. They do tests and if he passes he's back. This is wrong?

I won't admit to knowing a whole lot, but from what I saw is he needs to be clear of symptoms to get approval from a neutral evaluator to return to action.  He must then participate in a full day of practice before being allowed to play in a game.

The part of needing the practice is where I am not sure if I understand correctly.  It is also the part that would make it difficult for him to pass the protocol in time to play on Sunday since I don't think they practice on Saturday.  I hope I am wrong.

• Thanks 1

If it did happen during midweek practice, I would think it's highly unlikely he plays this week.  He seems to be a key future piece to their organization and why would they jeopardize his long term health while sitting at 4-5 with only an outside chance of the playoffs.  

• tonycpsu locked and unlocked this topic