NBC Sports Edge Forums

D'Andre Swift 2020 Outlook

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Scene: Matt Patricia's office, Allen Park, Michigan. We pan over a disheveled room cluttered with Coney Island hot dog wrappers and empty Faygo bottles. Our hero sits in his extra-wide office cha

I would trade my turkey dinner for a healthy Swift. It's that important

Lions game went about as well as we could have hoped. AP + KJ looked anemic and the offense was completely useless. Would be huge if Swift could make it back for Turkey Day as I'm confident he'll step right back into a bell cow role.

9 minutes ago, JAG_challam said:

Just saw it reported that he is still in the protocol. I don't know exactly how it works, but I believe he needs to be medically cleared and then participate in at least one practice, even if just partial. If he's going to play, he needs to be cleared ASAP.

Yeah I think he'd need to be cleared Wednesday. Fingers crossed.

Anxiously waiting his status this afternoon. This will be a thanksgiving performance to remember if he suits up. 

For one game a year the Lions ball out, or at least try to - and this is it. 

Shades of Barry Sanders coming if he plays. 

Just now, afl5013 said:

Does that mean he cleared protocol? I still can't wrap my head around it for some reason. 

I think it just means he's on track. He needs to get in one partial/limited practice before he can clear is my understanding.

• Thanks 1

The practice is the first step.  He still needs to be officially cleared by the neutral party evaluator, but I think it is a very good sign since I think he passed some screening already to be allowed to practice at all.  Basically as long as he doesn't backtrack he should play.

4 minutes ago, fbi314159 said:

The practice is the first step.  He still needs to be officially cleared by the neutral party evaluator, but I think it is a very good sign since I think he passed some screening already to be allowed to practice at all.  Basically as long as he doesn't backtrack he should play.

100% right he needs to clear protocol to return to the field in any capacity. Limited participation should mean he’s clear; when you have a concussion the prescribed way to get healthy is essentially “do nothing”. If he’s in there in any capacity  you should feel good about him on Turkey day.

Edited by mike11

He needs practice in pads tomorrow. Then evaluated by two independent doctors Thursday morning and have no lingering problems. This video explains it. He say 70 percent chance right now. And if he gets in practice tomorrow with pads a full day then up near 90 percent. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • tonycpsu locked and unlocked this topic
  • tonycpsu locked this topic