Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

D'Andre Swift 2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

Unless you have a history of concussions, I think you should be fine as long as you pass protocol.  Concussions are pretty straight forward in the sense that if you pass protocol and you are ready to play, I don't think you should worry about "lingering" effects as they wouldn't have passed you if you still has post-concussion symptons.

If he is ready to play, he should be good to go.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Scene: Matt Patricia's office, Allen Park, Michigan. We pan over a disheveled room cluttered with Coney Island hot dog wrappers and empty Faygo bottles. Our hero sits in his extra-wide office cha

I would trade my turkey dinner for a healthy Swift. It's that important

Super disappointing because I was counting on him as a key piece of a playoff run. If he doesn't make it back this week then what? I don't know how I'd feel about using him week 14 if he's active then, with the concern the team eases him back in. I know concussions aren't like other types of injuries that can necessarily be 'aggravated' but I could still see the team being careful

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, owenmills said:

Super disappointing because I was counting on him as a key piece of a playoff run. If he doesn't make it back this week then what? I don't know how I'd feel about using him week 14 if he's active then, with the concern the team eases him back in. I know concussions aren't like other types of injuries that can necessarily be 'aggravated' but I could still see the team being careful

 

I'm less concerned about him playing this week because it's the Bears. Definitely sucks if you're fighting for the playoffs.

But his Week 14 and Week 15 are insanely good matchups and I will roll him out confidently if he's active. My worry is that if he's still not through protocol this week we may be looking at a season-ending injury, especially given that the Lions are trash.

Edited by MingusDew
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, panthersfan75 said:

Ugh. Not practicing today.

 


I think that just means he’s not practicing in full. Pretty sure he can still be a limited participant in the closed portion of practice.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MJJ28 said:


I think that just means he’s not practicing in full. Pretty sure he can still be a limited participant in the closed portion of practice.

 

He was in the open portion of practice yesterday and was listed as limited.

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is starting to strike me as bizarre... I'm glad he's taking the time to get right, but a 3 week concussion that occurred mysteriously. I don't know, but this sounds somewhat severe.

Edited by mike11
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mike11 said:

This is starting to strike me as bizarre... I'm glad he's taking the time to get right, but a 3 week concussion that occurred mysteriously. I don't know, but this sounds somewhat severe.

 

@JAG_challam appears to have called it earlier in this thread. Starting to feel like Swift's season is donezo.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, tpat30 said:

 

Yikes. Well, that's not good, but his health comes first. That's terrible news.

 

Agree, if this happened during practice how awful to have something this severe happen. I guess he needs to take it day by day but it's just a time based recovery like anything else. 3+ weeks of symptoms... wow.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, King Gonzo said:

Odd they were optimistic of him returning this week if he hasnt looked the same since getting hurt. I guess we will see what he does tomorrow.

 

The pessimist in me thinks he was feeling a bit better, practiced in a limited fashion yesterday and then his symptoms reemerged today. Basically what happened last week.

Seems like a chronic issue right now.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

Did AP get a Dr license 

No, just a baseball bat.
 

On an unrelated note, after practicing fine yesterday, D’Andre woke up on the floor this morning and couldn’t remember the previous evening and also noted his concussion symptoms were back.

Edited by vikesrube
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...