NBC Sports Edge Forums

D'Andre Swift 2020 Outlook

1 minute ago, King Gonzo said:

Lol okay well I guess now it makes since again why they were optimistic about his return. Now we can try reading the tea leaves of Peterson’s comments.

Maybe it was backwards looking? Like it's been tough to see him concussed over the last two weeks?

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Scene: Matt Patricia's office, Allen Park, Michigan. We pan over a disheveled room cluttered with Coney Island hot dog wrappers and empty Faygo bottles. Our hero sits in his extra-wide office cha

I would trade my turkey dinner for a healthy Swift. It's that important

This has been one of the most bizarre injuries in a year insanely filled with injuries.

And if he's truly ok, and recovered, I'm happy as hell for him. And here's to hoping he goes back to a prominently featured role under DB as interim coach.

Certainly a chance this week that he gets eased back in.

It sounds like he got sick around the same time he had a concussion and that the sickness is not concussion related. Being concussed and sick at the same time is gonna zap anyone. Hopefully he's better next week.

1 hour ago, owenmills said:

That's a boy AP. He sees Frank Gore has seized a workhorse role and is putting distance between him on the all-time rushing list. You take your time coming back D'Andre

Quoting for posterity

10 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

It sounds like he got sick around the same time he had a concussion and that the sickness is not concussion related. Being concussed and sick at the same time is gonna zap anyone. Hopefully he's better next week.

I'm fully expecting him to play this weekend if he's cleared the protocol. Tomorrow will be telling but I think he practices in full.

What a wild day. I was convinced he was done for the year.

Edited by MingusDew
  • Like 1
55 minutes ago, MrPositive said:

AP protecting his touches for the rest of season here? 
Pretty weird to see someone from the same team and position fighting for his career, comment about another’s health. Not sure I’ve even seen it before. 

When AP was told Swift would be starting two weeks ago, he responded with “It made sense to me. Actually, when I was told, I was like, ‘You guys should have did this two, three weeks ago, you know.'”

Yes AP is a great competitor; however, in this case it looks like he's genuinely looking out for a teammate and someone he is helping mentor.

• Like 1

*This is a sequel to my previous post on this thread*

Scene: Darrell Bevell's office, Allen Park, Michigan.

We pan over a nervous man cleaning Coney Island hot dog wrappers and empty Faygo bottles off the floor of his new office. He ties the garbage bag full of bottles and wrappers and puts it with the other 14 bags outside his door when Adrian Peterson walks in.

AP: Yo boss man, congrats on the premonition. You deserve it.

Darrell begins to vacuum the debris off the carpet.

DB: Thanks, Adrian. I know Matt could never carry his own... weight, so to speak, so I hope I can do this team justice as long as I'm here.

AP: I'm sure you will man, as long as you listen to me. Patty was a knucklehead, he never listened to me.

Darrell sprays an entire can of Febreze in the air.

DB: What do you mean, Adrian?

AP: I kept telling him he needed to start D'Andre weeks ago. He's got the freshest legs on the team. Patty kept starting me instead. I'm not contemplating, but...

Darrell mixes a box of green Jello and puts it in his office refrigerator to set.

DB: I'm glad you brought that up, AP. I agree with you. I'm planning to run D'Andre 25 touches this Sunday. Really turn him into vintage Beast Mode like I ran in Seattle.

AP: Oh... but... what about D'Andre's concushion?

Darrell begins unpacking his case of jarred peaches and yams.

DB: I've been talking to D'Andre and it sounds like he is ready to go. He said he was shocked he was even on the concussion list in the first place.

AP: Oh... really? See... uh... that's not what I hear. D'Andre's been telling me he's been feeling slow and tired since his concursion. I'm uh... I'm worried about him.

Darrell pops in his Mormon Tabernacle Choir CD to set the mood.

DB: Wow really? Maybe he's trying to hide the injury so he can get more playing time?

AP: Yeah! Yeah! These young cats always trying to put the game before they health. I don't want to see his brain get all mushy like that guy from Rain Man.

DB: Hmmm... let me think on this. Maybe I need to take his development slower.

Darrell hangs up his large framed portrait of Mormon Jesus.

AP: So... uh, coach. You a religious man?

DB: Yes I am, AP. I am a member of the Latter-Day Saints. We believe in faith, God, and family.

AP: I don't know who Ladder Jason is... but I'm a Christian, and I've got a big family. I gotta feed my family. D'Andre's gonna need to feed his one day. He can't be mushy playing on a conception. I think you should scale him back this season, play my raggedy old a** 25 touches a game the rest of the year. Help me get next year's contract. Then I'll walk and D'Andre will be fresh and healthy for next season to do your Beast Mode thing.

DB: I may not even be here next season. How does playing you benefit me?

AP: Won't you think of the children?

Darrell stares deep into the transfixing eyes of Mormon Jesus.

DB: I'll hold out D'Andre at least one more week. Go out and run first team reps, AP.

AP saying  Swift's energy level hasn't been the same is concerning though.

If he plays, will we see the same player/effort that he was/had before the concussion.

I think I will only put him in my lineup if I am forced to because of injuries to the rest of my team.

8 hours ago, rabaak said:

AP saying  Swift's energy level hasn't been the same is concerning though.

If he plays, will we see the same player/effort that he was/had before the concussion.

I think I will only put him in my lineup if I am forced to because of injuries to the rest of my team.

I think the best play is to give him this week and see how he looks if he suits up. Between the chance of a snap count and a tough opponent, I don't want to put my apples in his cart just yet. But the game should give us an indication of how he is, and what to hope for going forward.

wishing the kid a speedy and complete recovery ... noggin knocks are no joke, especially when the symptons linger longer than anticipated. 

don't wanna see him having to rely on Cub Scouts to spoon feed him by age 30 ... get well, Swifty - the game will be here when you're ready ✌

• Like 3
1 hour ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

wishing the kid a speedy and complete recovery ... noggin knocks are no joke, especially when the symptons linger longer than anticipated. 

don't wanna see him having to rely on Cub Scouts to spoon feed him by age 30 ... get well, Swifty - the game will be here when you're ready ✌

Glad to see you back.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well that makes him tough to play against the Bears, no doubt.

At this point I hope they just sit him out so that he can kick the illness, get a full slate of practices in next week and then be ready for GB in Week 14.

Edited by MingusDew
  • Like 2