NBC Sports Edge Forums

D'Andre Swift 2020 Outlook

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Scene: Matt Patricia's office, Allen Park, Michigan. We pan over a disheveled room cluttered with Coney Island hot dog wrappers and empty Faygo bottles. Our hero sits in his extra-wide office cha

I would trade my turkey dinner for a healthy Swift. It's that important

Fantasy Pros listing his expected return as "2021".

Man what a depressing turn things have taken. There was the ray of hope last week re: exiting the protocol, but all of this still feels so weird and ominous.

Hopefully Swift is able to get healthy, this year or not. He's going to be a great player to watch and own in fantasy for many years.

13 minutes ago, MingusDew said:

Fantasy Pros listing his expected return as "2021".

Man what a depressing turn things have taken. There was the ray of hope last week re: exiting the protocol, but all of this still feels so weird and ominous.

Hopefully Swift is able to get healthy, this year or not. He's going to be a great player to watch and own in fantasy for many years.

This may end up being the case, but that Fantasy Pros article seems to only be based on the writer's personal hunch. The fact is, no one really knows what he is dealing with, so i think it is premature to be speculating that he's out for the rest of the year. 

1 minute ago, acn1315 said:

This may end up being the case, but that Fantasy Pros article seems to only be based on the writer's personal hunch. The fact is, no one really knows what he is dealing with, so i think it is premature to be speculating that he's out for the rest of the year. 

Oh yeah it's definitely just that writer's opinion. It's just really disheartening that we've gotten a point where that's a reasonable opinion to hold.

A bit of optimism from a local beat writer? 

D’Andre Swift was battling a non-COVID illness after clearing concussion protocol, so he’s nearing a likely return in Week 14.

https://www.mlive.com/lions/2020/12/snap-counts-ex-de-matt-nelson-steps-in-at-right-tackle-holds-own-against-bears-khalil-mack.html

Edited by Gabbed
  • Thanks 2
13 minutes ago, Gabbed said:

D’Andre Swift was battling a non-COVID illness after clearing concussion protocol, so he’s nearing a likely return in Week 14.

https://www.mlive.com/lions/2020/12/snap-counts-ex-de-matt-nelson-steps-in-at-right-tackle-holds-own-against-bears-khalil-mack.html

And...fresh legs?

And...new coach?

So...it’s happening?

• Like 3
53 minutes ago, Gabbed said:

Ima wait for the practice report.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, MingusDew said:

Ima wait for the practice report.

Absolutely.  There's been some doom and gloom in here just wanted to add a positive perspective from someone somewhat close to the team.

• Like 4

Yea I’m just saying I think Redskins lost like their last game of the year in OT (or around there), and it was the difference between who got Chase Young. Instead the Lions got some CB who either doesn’t play or gets roasted up and down the field.

Anyways I’ll stop hijacking this thread and keep it on Swift. Hopefully he gets a full practice today along with some coach speak about him carrying the load next week.

13 hours ago, MrPositive said:

Anybody else cold frightened of another CEH 'he's the emergency back this week' replay?

as long as he practices in full until Friday im good starting him .. i Think this is going to be a High scoring game and they Will need Swift pass catching skills out of the backfileld to try to Keep up with Rodgers