NBC Sports Edge Forums

D'Andre Swift 2020 Outlook

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Scene: Matt Patricia's office, Allen Park, Michigan. We pan over a disheveled room cluttered with Coney Island hot dog wrappers and empty Faygo bottles. Our hero sits in his extra-wide office cha

I would trade my turkey dinner for a healthy Swift. It's that important

12 minutes ago, Golden Spikes said:

so where we ranking him?

ugh this is frustrating, his upside in PPR is huge but is he a better play than Drake, Sanders, Mostert, guys like that?

No doubt about it. Pederson and Kerryon killed this team when Swift was absent. He’s playing big touches if he’s in. The issue is the team is still not openly upfront that he’s ready to rock Sunday which concerns me. But man I don’t have many options. 

• Like 1

Yea how many touches is anyone’s guess. If he is “eased back” or whatever then probably a low end RB2. If he picks up where he left off then rock solid RB1.

I do not have better alternatives so I’ll fire him up if he is active.

I heard that Swift has only seen less than 4 targets once this season?

If that's true, you have to play him. He'll get his normal split at the very least against a bad rushing team, and will get passing work if they fall down early. Fire him up!

I am worried about the GB run defense allowing AP to be effective. If Detroit can do that, they have a chance. You milk the clock, keep Rodgers on the bench and keep the game close.

I'm not sure what the Det O-Line looks like these days. But the Packers games I've seen, they had trouble with the run. Having semblance of a  run game  would also allow Stafford to be effective with the play action pass, which would be good for Swift. 

There should be a lot of points scored in this game as neither defense is that great. I just don't know how Bevell values Swift as an RB. And can Swift stand take pounding of 20+ touches after the concussion.

Edited by rabaak

Yea he averaged 11.5 pts in half PPR before his “backfield takeover” in his last game, so he should be a viable option either way for a lot of people. Of course we all hope he continues 20+ touches and becomes a league winner.

• Like 1

Looking so incredibly dicey. If the Lions brass cannot come out and say ‘Deandre is a full go and ready to rock Sunday’, then how can they even play him with all those medical complications? Seems like a billion dollar lawsuit some days down the road. Lol

I don't understand why they wouldn't shut him down if there's any chance it's lingering concussion symptoms. The fact they haven't makes me think they're pretty confident he's past that and it's unrelated but who knows, these teams do some inexplicable things sometimes

12 hours ago, konstao said:

Dr. Chao @ProfootballDoc thinks Swift is not going to play

https://twitter.com/SportsGrid/status/1337519249758191616?s=20

I feel like he's got some wrong information there, doesn't he? Did I miss where Swift was experiencing headaches this week? 

If that's wrong and he hasn't been, he's already cleared and logged a full practice on Friday. Unless I missed something, he should be good to go. 

5 minutes ago, afl5013 said:

I feel like he's got some wrong information there, doesn't he? Did I miss where Swift was experiencing headaches this week? 

It was reported by several sources, although the team didn't say it straight up:

https://lionswire.usatoday.com/2020/12/11/lions-darrell-bevell-explain-dandre-swifts-concussion-and-illness/amp/

Interim head coach Darrell Bevell, perhaps unwittingly, cast some doubt on the nature of Swift’s absence in his press conference on Friday. After noting that Swift “had another good day” on Thursday and is trending towards playing, Bevell was asked directly if Swift did indeed suffer a concussion or if the rookie RB was dealing with migraine headaches.

“Yes, I think it’s safe to say there is a fine line there. I don’t think it’s for me to be able to comment on his health to the public. But yes, there is a fine line and things there that we were looking at, yes,” Bevell explained.

• Like 1
58 minutes ago, afl5013 said:

Have to live or die with Swift. Should be a good gamescript for him as long as they aren't 100% to limiting him, but we'll just have to take a leap. 

Yep. The Lions will most likely be behind and throwing all game. If he’s in there, he’s going to get points. The question is how much will he be in there. But with this being a shootout written all over it, it would make Pederson and Johnson worthless. Fingers crossed. 

2 minutes ago, MrPositive said:

Yep. The Lions will most likely be behind and throwing all game. If he’s in there, he’s going to get points. The question is how much will he be in there. But with this being a shootout written all over it, it would make Pederson and Johnson worthless. Fingers crossed. 

Isn’t Johnson their regular 3rd down/receiving back?

14 minutes ago, Strikeforce316 said:

Isn’t Johnson their regular 3rd down/receiving back?

No. Swift’s last game was week 10 and he played all 3 downs except for breathers and change of pace. This is assuming he’s going right back into that workhorse role today, which sadly I don’t have that magical ball.