NBC Sports Edge Forums

D'Andre Swift 2020 Outlook

Not sure guys. Stafford out and Swift could get extra looks, but are they going to be able to consistently drive the ball? A sure risk, plus we don't know if Lions will give him more work or if they plan on giving him the same volume as last week. Tough call... Going to be a game time call for me. 

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Scene: Matt Patricia's office, Allen Park, Michigan. We pan over a disheveled room cluttered with Coney Island hot dog wrappers and empty Faygo bottles. Our hero sits in his extra-wide office cha

I would trade my turkey dinner for a healthy Swift. It's that important

32 minutes ago, MingusDew said:

This guy is a stud. The fumble sucks but what a performance when people needed it.

Man I was so worried when I saw the goal line fumble. I thought he’d be used sparingly in the second half and we’d see a healthy dose of AP. But luckily they stuck with him. Kids going to be a star. 

5 minutes ago, JoeJoe88 said:

Man I was so worried when I saw the goal line fumble. I thought he’d be used sparingly in the second half and we’d see a healthy dose of AP. But luckily they stuck with him. Kids going to be a star. 

I wasn't worried because his coach isn't asshat Arians but I was pissed about the 9 point swing(possible TD to fumble 😔 ). He more than made up for it though. Nice game and hope he can do it again

[...] I did not believe he would have that many scoring opportunities against Tenn.

But now they have Tampa. Cook had a good game against them. I'm not sure about Det vs the Bucs.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story
8 minutes ago, rabaak said:

[...] I did not believe he would have that many scoring opportunities against Tenn.

But now they have Tampa. Cook had a good game against them. I'm not sure about Det vs the Bucs.

Gonna come down to Stafford.  If he goes, I think you can start Swift with confidence.  If Stafford sits, I'd only start if you have no other options.

8 minutes ago, rabaak said:

Detroit is going to have to score to be in it and they'll likely be playing catch-up. Not a great setup for an average back in an average situation but Swift is not an average back and he appears to now be the bell cow. 

I am setting and forgetting. 

Just now, Spyplane said:

Detroit is going to have to score to be in it and they'll likely be playing catch-up. Not a great setup for an average back in an average situation but Swift is not an average back and he appears to now be the bell cow. 

I am setting and forgetting. 

Stafford left the game in the 4th quarter and the Lions are now mathematically eliminated.  You'll want to keep an eye on his status.  Chase Daniel under center isn't going to move the offense like #9 does, with or without D'Andre.

Let's not forget Swift's real coming out party, prior to his concussion and then subsequent illness, when he was first given the lead role was against WFT - a defense that is arguably as good or better against the run than TB. And Swift put up a cool 25+ PPR points. He is immensely talented and, in my opinion, matchup-proof.

Stafford is the biggest concern for me. If I have other options at RB, then Swift + Staff = start; Swift - Staff = bench. But if I don't have any other viable options, I'm starting Swift and not feeling bad about it regardless of Staff's status.

Edited by JAG_challam
1 hour ago, Rozr1 said:

Game got out of hand but damn 7pts hurts..

4.5 YPC but really no Stafford, no coaches so this one was brutal for all lions players. He had a great dead leg move early on and looked solid minus the fumble. I won’t if he’ll be draft as a top 12/14 rb next year. Going to have to see who gets the head coaching gig 

Definitely top 12 rb for 2021, dude has the talent and skillset to be one of the top backs in the league. Coming in, I had him ranked as the best pure back from the highlights I saw of the top backs of the 20 draft class.

Stafford's instant injury was devastating for those who started Swift this week. I think Swift has potential to have a lot of hype as a early-mid 2nd rounder next season. he played a lot of good football in 2020 but you hate to see these fumbles in the fantasy playoffs. 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Rozr1 said:

Definitely top 12 rb for 2021, dude has the talent and skillset to be one of the top backs in the league. Coming in, I had him ranked as the best pure back from the highlights I saw of the top backs of the 20 draft class.

GL with that. Talk talent all you want but he plays for the Detroit Lions. Taking him top 12 as your RB1 will likely put you in a big hole in 2021. I had a bad feeling and knew I should've benched this dude yesterday but went with him because everyone talks him up so much. 

40 minutes ago, owenmills said:

GL with that. Talk talent all you want but he plays for the Detroit Lions. Taking him top 12 as your RB1 will likely put you in a big hole in 2021. I had a bad feeling and knew I should've benched this dude yesterday but went with him because everyone talks him up so much. 

It’s not his fault they went down 40-0, every RB after the top four will have some type of issue. He will go roughly in the second round, people have taken Mixons, CEH, Jacobs all early.. but Swift is a likely to put you in a hole don’t see it. You can literally say that about half the top 12 RBs based of situation and other contributing factors.