NBC Sports Edge Forums

D'Andre Swift 2020 Outlook

Just now, CroNY said:

It’s not his fault they went down 40-0, every RB after the top four will have some type of issue. He will go roughly in the second round, people have taken Mixons, CEH, Jacobs all early.. but Swift is a likely to put you in a hole don’t see it. You can literally say that about half the top 12 RBs based of situation and other contributing factors. 

Yeah but... He plays for the Detroit Lions.

I'm not saying they're cursed. I'm an educated man, I believe in science, math, etc, and demons do not exist. But still...  

giphy.gif

Do you know how many 1000 yd rushers the Lions have had this century?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Scene: Matt Patricia's office, Allen Park, Michigan. We pan over a disheveled room cluttered with Coney Island hot dog wrappers and empty Faygo bottles. Our hero sits in his extra-wide office cha

I would trade my turkey dinner for a healthy Swift. It's that important

1 minute ago, Boudewijn said:

Yeah but... He plays for the Detroit Lions.

I'm not saying they're cursed. I'm an educated man, I believe in science, math, etc, and demons do not exist. But still...  

giphy.gif

Do you know how many 1000 yd rushers the Lions have had this century?

Hence me attaching competent coaching in a previous post, it’s all about getting the right coach. Also do you know their most recent RB’s have been like Kerryon, Blount , Abdullah, Riddick ....

7 minutes ago, CroNY said:

Hence me attaching competent coaching in a previous post, it’s all about getting the right coach. Also do you know their most recent RB’s have been like Kerryon, Blount , Abdullah, Riddick ....

Absolutely agree on the coaching but it's the entire organisation that needs competence. Regarding those RBs, both Kerryon and Abdullah were second round picks, like Leshoure before them, and Jahvid Best was even 1st round.

7 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

Absolutely agree on the coaching but it's the entire organisation that needs competence. Regarding those RBs, both Kerryon and Abdullah were second round picks, like Leshoure before them, and Jahvid Best was even 1st round.

Eye test man gotta give Swift that at very least Kerryon and Abdullah didn’t pop off the screen .. RB is chaotic after the first few you can go in any different direction look at all the people taking Mixon and Jacobs etc.. to each their own I’d have him slotted in the second round. I’d rather swing for the fences and go with the talent and hope the lions become moderately competent. 

Edited by CroNY
  • 3 weeks later...

File this away under the heading of 2021 draft prep boys and revisit it next August...

Lions head coach Dan Campbell said he wants to use RB D'Andre Swift as a slot receiver. 

After elaborating on how his Lions will "bite off" the kneecaps of their opponents -- among other medieval torture techniques -- the new Detroit head coach said he wants an offensive coordinator who will get Swift in space against linebackers, including using him in the slot. An excellent pass catcher, Swift excelled as the team's primary pass-catching back late in the 2020 season, catching 46 of 57 targets for 357 yards and two touchdowns. Swift's best game of the season was in Week 10 against Washington, when he exploited defensive mismatches and caught all five of his targets for 68 yards and a score. Swift would transform into a PPR force if the team commits to the shifty back in such a role. 

Jan 21, 2021, 1:07 PM ET
  • Like 1
13 hours ago, The G Man said:

File this away under the heading of 2021 draft prep boys and revisit it next August...

Lions head coach Dan Campbell said he wants to use RB D'Andre Swift as a slot receiver. 

After elaborating on how his Lions will "bite off" the kneecaps of their opponents -- among other medieval torture techniques -- the new Detroit head coach said he wants an offensive coordinator who will get Swift in space against linebackers, including using him in the slot. An excellent pass catcher, Swift excelled as the team's primary pass-catching back late in the 2020 season, catching 46 of 57 targets for 357 yards and two touchdowns. Swift's best game of the season was in Week 10 against Washington, when he exploited defensive mismatches and caught all five of his targets for 68 yards and a score. Swift would transform into a PPR force if the team commits to the shifty back in such a role. 

Jan 21, 2021, 1:07 PM ET

Ssssssssssh........now let's keep this info only in this forum, only in this thread until after the season kicks off in Sept okay?  

In fact feel free to delete this garbage for now. 

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, SenatorSpaceman said:

I am a Swift fan and dynasty owner but this WR talk is just typical offseason nonsense coachspeak. We've seen this a hundred times. It doesn't impact my valuation on Swift one bit. 

I agree with you 1000 percent...typical offseason coach speak to be totally ignored here.

This is the Detroit Lions we are talking about here.  Same ole' talk we've heard 1000 times before...conspiracy theory/fraud 2020-2021 garbage talk in here.  

7 hours ago, SenatorSpaceman said:

I am a Swift fan and dynasty owner but this WR talk is just typical offseason nonsense coachspeak. We've seen this a hundred times. It doesn't impact my valuation on Swift one bit. 

Does hiring Anthony Lynn change your mind any?

1 hour ago, TTo34 said:

Stafford leaving and Lions hiring Lynn as OC.  Both not great news for Swift, imho.

I think Stafford leaving might be okay if Swift becomes the centerpiece of the offense but the Lynn hiring is not good...

56 minutes ago, Evincar said:

I think Stafford leaving might be okay if Swift becomes the centerpiece of the offense but the Lynn hiring is not good...

I think it’s great for Swift’s fantasy stock, personally.

1 hour ago, Evincar said:

Lynn the past 4 years first had a bellcow in Gordon, then Ekeler took over. Even in 2020 Ekeler still got almost 1000 yds total in 10 games.

I don't see a huge reason why Swift couldn't do the same - if he stays healthy of course. Seems like exactly the type of back Lynn likes to work with.

• Like 1

Former RBs coach, with both OC and HC experience, who has always made his feature RB a focal point of both the passing and rushing offense, who is under orders from his new boss to get Swift more involved as a receiver - what’s not to like here?

dataimagejpegbase649j4AAQSkZJRgABAgEAyAD

And a decent RB himself. Mostly College, although he bounce around some pro teams too.

So yeah, if anything, I think he would be a boost to Swift (and/or Kerryon, but I think Swift is better).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
On 1/23/2021 at 11:34 PM, BMcP said:

I think it’s great for Swift’s fantasy stock, personally.

Now they add Duce to the mix?!  Now I’m starting to get excited - these two hires speak volumes more than mere coach-speak.

With the Stafford trade there's likely serious regression coming for the offense.  I'll bet the lions let Marvin Jones walk and at this point they may even do the same for Golladay.  Could be an entirely new offense aside from Hockenson and the line.  They do have an above average OL and I could see them investing in it further through the draft. so that's one bright spot I suppose.  A lot of unknowns.  Short term I think the arrow might be down a bit.

2 hours ago, Gabbed said:

With the Stafford trade there's likely serious regression coming for the offense.  I'll bet the lions let Marvin Jones walk and at this point they may even do the same for Golladay.  Could be an entirely new offense aside from Hockenson and the line.  They do have an above average OL and I could see them investing in it further through the draft. so that's one bright spot I suppose.  A lot of unknowns.  Short term I think the arrow might be down a bit.

All fair points - but we shouldn’t be too quick to conclude that these developments constitute a downgrade for Swift fantasy-wise.  For example, they may be forced to go down a similar path as the Jags did with Robinson last season: tons of volume on the ground and a substantial passing-game role.  If there’s one thing we know Goff can do reasonably well, it’s targeting his safety valve out of the backfield.

• Like 1

Anthony Lynn is the RB whisperer.  From both his time in Buffalo and LAC, he produced top fantasy RB's.  Swift could be really sneaky next year depending on where his ADP ends up

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I really like the opportunity here.

With the Lynn hire I think Campbell is indicating that they'll have a dynamic running scheme at least.  Trading Stafford means that at least in the short term, the Lions "running game" may not be short passes as it has been in year's passed.

The problems with a Lions run game, namely bad defense and poor run blocking, is well documented and may continue.  That said there are pieces here on the defensive line and secondary and if the FO and coaching staff are more competent than the previous iterations you could at least see them putting together something tougher on defense.  You never know when a late round pick or unheralded FA becomes a good run blocking guard or center.

He's not someone I'd go crazy reaching for but if your draft room has crazy Lions stigma...I could think or worse gambles.