NBC Sports Edge Forums

D'Andre Swift 2020 Outlook

On 12/27/2020 at 7:47 AM, CroNY said:

Eye test man gotta give Swift that at very least Kerryon and Abdullah didn’t pop off the screen .. RB is chaotic after the first few you can go in any different direction look at all the people taking Mixon and Jacobs etc.. to each their own I’d have him slotted in the second round. I’d rather swing for the fences and go with the talent and hope the lions become moderately competent. 

People raved about Kerryon and Abdullah, especially Abdullah after he popped off the screen on a 40+ yard TD run during the preseason of his rookie year. Maybe this "eye test" isn't such a great scientific tool.

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Scene: Matt Patricia's office, Allen Park, Michigan. We pan over a disheveled room cluttered with Coney Island hot dog wrappers and empty Faygo bottles. Our hero sits in his extra-wide office cha

I would trade my turkey dinner for a healthy Swift. It's that important

5 hours ago, JE7HorseGod said:

I really like the opportunity here.

With the Lynn hire I think Campbell is indicating that they'll have a dynamic running scheme at least.  Trading Stafford means that at least in the short term, the Lions "running game" may not be short passes as it has been in year's passed.

The problems with a Lions run game, namely bad defense and poor run blocking, is well documented and may continue.  That said there are pieces here on the defensive line and secondary and if the FO and coaching staff are more competent than the previous iterations you could at least see them putting together something tougher on defense.  You never know when a late round pick or unheralded FA becomes a good run blocking guard or center.

He's not someone I'd go crazy reaching for but if your draft room has crazy Lions stigma...I could think or worse gambles.

Yeah having one more interior linemen and maybe an upgrade at RT would be helpful.  They already have a beast in Ragnow, a steady LT in Decker and if Jonah Jackson keeps going on his current trajectory... could be a top 10 line with an upgrade or two.  Hell they graded out as the 13th best, according to PFF, this year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

With Golladay and Marvin both UFA's, and the Lions currently over the cap (not by much, but still), there's reason to think they have no choice but run the offense through Swift next year.   He's got an uphill battle to produce efficiently, but if he gets a lot of targets, he'll be just fine.   

• Like 1