Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

D'Andre Swift 2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Scene: Matt Patricia's office, Allen Park, Michigan. We pan over a disheveled room cluttered with Coney Island hot dog wrappers and empty Faygo bottles. Our hero sits in his extra-wide office cha

I would trade my turkey dinner for a healthy Swift. It's that important

Brutal drop at the end of the game cost the Lions the win. I think the Lions backfield will soon be AP and Swift getting most of the work with Kerryon losing more touches each week. AP looked good but I think Swift is clearly the Lions back to own. His touches should be increasing every week but AP isn’t going anywhere after today. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Still just a rookie playing his first real nfl game in a really high pressure situation with that drop. Still should have been a gimme but I think he’ll be ok. 
 

not too worried about KJ but AP with a strong showing is the real problem. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Goblue356 said:

Brutal drop at the end of the game cost the Lions the win. I think the Lions backfield will soon be AP and Swift getting most of the work with Kerryon losing more touches each week. AP looked good but I think Swift is clearly the Lions back to own. His touches should be increasing every week but AP isn’t going anywhere after today. 


he looks like a pretty good ppr target imo- but Peterson and Johnson gonna keep his ceiling capped off the foreseeable future 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I took Peterson in my draft because TD's are a premium in our scoring and GL vultures are money.

What I saw today is Peterson looked to be the best/most reliable back, even with his old legs.

He doesn't have the speed anymore, but he can still play.  You give him 25 carries and he's going to break a couple long ones and probably score.

That being said, AP was cheap so I'll hold him, but if he takes over the job, I'm cool with that too.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Look at the Lions upcoming schedule. They could legit go 0-4.

You think Patricia lasts through the bye if they do that?

I thought the usage was great. Great snap count. Sure he missed the big play but it's not like it was a gimme catch.

As long as you aren't relying solely on Swift as your RB2 with no backup plan, I'm not worried at all. I thought he would be used much less then he actually did today.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BIGFATPANDA said:

Looks like the players n coaches comforted after the game. Should never had been in that position. Still should’ve made the play and he knows that. The rook will learn from this and get better hopefully

...the position to make the catch? Lol

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, pushaZ said:

Look at the Lions upcoming schedule. They could legit go 0-4.

You think Patricia lasts through the bye if they do that?

I thought the usage was great. Great snap count. Sure he missed the big play but it's not like it was a gimme catch.

As long as you aren't relying solely on Swift as your RB2 with no backup plan, I'm not worried at all. I thought he would be used much less then he actually did today.

it was definitely a gimmie catch. come on.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't say the catch was super easy, he had to turn his body back while running his route with defenders around him. But when the ball hits you in the hands in the NFL you are fully expected to make the catch. Definitely an awful drop which was magnified because of the situation

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, owenmills said:

I wouldn't say the catch was super easy, he had to turn his body back while running his route with defenders around him. But when the ball hits you in the hands in the NFL you are fully expected to make the catch. Definitely an awful drop which was magnified because of the situation

bro that was a easy score. SO easy lol huge lions fan here but i'm not gonna say oh that was a hard catch.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, owenmills said:

Oh I must've missed the part where I said "hard catch"           lol?

you're right. it was a super easy catch though.

Edited by cdd10
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think people are over-reacting. It was rookie nerves. He was turning up the field before he caught the ball because he was so focused on getting the game winning TD. I've seen it happen before. This is a lesson learned for him. What I'm worried most is that Patricia wants to be like Belichick so bad that he is going to bench him even though he's their best back.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Lead the RBs in snap %, got the only goal line carry for a TD, would've had 20ish points in PPR if he caught that gimme TD. AP is annoying and hopefully he isn't mentally fried after that drop but I'm honestly more confident now than I was before week one that he can return his 5th/6th round value. 

Edited by BearDownBears
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Was anybody expecting this kid to light the world on fire after week 1? I thought it was known that he was a hold and wasn't expected to be relevant in fantasy until mid-season. 

It's unfortunate he dropped a super easy pass but it was a rook in his first NFL game in his first pressure situation. Chalk it up to nerves, sit him on your bench for a few weeks, and forget about him until he starts to take over. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Greg Olson told the story about how he dropped a big pass in his first NFL game, how he handled it, how his teammates and coaches handled it.  I think it was during Cooper Kupp's first NFL game.  Both of those guys went on to catch a few more passes.

Swift is going to be fine.  The most encouraging part to me was that Kerryon was almost a total non-factor.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • tonycpsu locked and unlocked this topic
  • tonycpsu locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...