NBC Sports Edge Forums

D'Andre Swift 2020 Outlook

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Scene: Matt Patricia's office, Allen Park, Michigan. We pan over a disheveled room cluttered with Coney Island hot dog wrappers and empty Faygo bottles. Our hero sits in his extra-wide office cha

I would trade my turkey dinner for a healthy Swift. It's that important

28 minutes ago, BIGFATPANDA said:

I give AP 3-4 more games before he breaks down. Kerryon is just a bum. Week 6-7 is target date. For him to take over backfield. 

or fire Patricia fat A s s... long season boys. Be patient grasshoppers

If the game plan is to wait for Adrian Peterson to get hurt or Patricia to be fired mid-season, both seems like long shots. Either could happen, but neither are gimmes or even all that likely. Not sure Swift has much value this year, but he could if enough things break his way. But one could say that about any number of players. Whether that's worth it to you depends on your league and alternatives.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Jericho said:

If the game plan is to wait for Adrian Peterson to get hurt or Patricia to be fired mid-season, both seems like long shots. Either could happen, but neither are gimmes or even all that likely. Not sure Swift has much value this year, but he could if enough things break his way. But one could say that about any number of players. Whether that's worth it to you depends on your league and alternatives.

Right the game plan is for people who have the depth to wait for him to develop...

On 9/22/2020 at 2:11 PM, pushaZ said:

With every game the Lions lose, Matt Patricia will be feeling the fire under his a**. 0-4 on a bye week is a perfect time for a firing. 

This week Swift faces a pass d ranked 27th against RBs in half PPR. With an almost guaranteed negative game script to help the passing back.

If Swift doesn't take over this backfield almost immediately, someone will do it for Patricia instead.

If Swift doesn't drop that gimme Week 1, Detroit would be 2-1 and they just won a tough one on the road against an Arizona squad that was looking tough. Patricia ain't going nowhere.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, KennyWoo said:

If Swift doesn't drop that gimme Week 1, Detroit would be 2-1 and they just won a tough one on the road against an Arizona squad that was looking tough. Patricia ain't going nowhere.

Seeing as Patricia was accused of sexual assault on the first week of the job and told his star player that he sucks another man's --- in a team meeting, I can see why ownership would be cool allowing him to define an early second round pick on a single drop.

On 9/22/2020 at 3:06 PM, Spyplane said:

A pretty good buy low candidate in my opinion. 

Snap Count:

W1 W2 TOT % Share
Kerryon Johnson  RB DET 20 19 39 28%
Adrian Peterson  RB DET 24 15 39 28%
D'Andre Swift  RB DET 34 20 54 39%
Ty Johnson  RB DET 0 5 5 4%
Total     78 59 137 100%

Update: five snaps this week. Incredibly buy low now. lol

It's not a particularly good running team, so having this mess is a good reason to stay away from all of them.

I will admit I drafted AP late, because my league is very heavy TD scoring.  GL plunges are $$.

But AP still doesn't seem to have 1 GL run, so as soon as something comes along, he's probably gone.

That was ugly and his stock definitely ticked down a good bit. I'm more invested in him because the league I own has keeper potential but I could totally see cutting bait for someone else on the wire. I feel like the snap counts will be all over the place this year as long as the 3 are all healthy. Swift might tease here and there but the minute you plug him in he'll bomb and get no touches. 

2 minutes ago, Proteus said:

I got that but the idea won’t be among talking heads who think he could have one of those rookie mid season takeovers.

We need to keep in mind that this is technically pre-season games to him. This is a very unusual season and what we're seeing now isn't in cement.

That's not a Swift endorsement but I leave the door wide open.

2 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

We need to keep in mind that this is technically pre-season games to him. This is a very unusual season and what we're seeing now isn't in cement.

That's not a Swift endorsement but I leave the door wide open.

For sure that should be considered.

It just seems hopeless unless Patricia is fired and that seems less and less likely.

After last week I thought there would at least be consistent targets in passing game. 

The trolling by this f-ing coach is breaking through to the next level

1 minute ago, Proteus said:

For sure that should be considered.

It just seems hopeless unless Patricia is fired and that seems less and less likely.

After last week I thought there would at least be consistent targets in passing game. 

The trolling by this f-ing coach is breaking through to the next level

It's a shame they won yesterday. I think Patricia is annoying AF for fantasy

26 minutes ago, kdpat15 said:

any Detroit fans know what happened this week with Swift? how come he got a low snap count? 

It was because no one wastes RB talent like the Detroit Lions.

Swift and his agent should have pulled an Eli the second he was drafted. 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, kdpat15 said:

any Detroit fans know what happened this week with Swift? how come he got a low snap count? 

AP was actually getting decent yards against AZ and I think there is a trust issue with the team and swift right now. I think he will step into a bigger role after the bye so I would hold him still. I would look at these games like preseason.

However I will say Swift has had bad luck, dropping the TD catch on week 1 to lose the game, and then week 2 stafford tried to connect a quick dump off to him and he was not looking... just hit him in the back with the ball. I think they pulled him quick after that.

• tonycpsu locked and unlocked this topic
  • tonycpsu locked this topic