NBC Sports Edge Forums

Antonio Gibson 2020 Outlook

On 10/12/2020 at 1:41 PM, PlayTheWaivers said:

There is a massive misconception on this forum. NYG is not this joke defense of last year...they are in fact neutral / competent this year. What is incompetent this year is their OC and overall offense plus Jones. NYG is basically WAS...but WAS defense looking overrated now too with injuries. 

They’re 22nd in ppg allowed to RBs in my half PPR league. This is a nice matchup. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Man do I LOVE this thread... these posters come in weekly to try and throw water on Gibson then immediately get embarrassed the following week. See you around 8 tonight, get ready to eat. 

Listen, I'm going to have to agree with the "realists" in here. Take away all three of his touchowns, his 7 targets, 5 receptions, and his four longest runs and he is JAG. Not really seeing anything s

I see the "realists" are putting on the full court press ahead of this game against Pittsburgh. I saw the same EXACT narrative for James Robinson last week who (by the way) bowling balled his way to 1

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, Breesus said:

Yep. Couldn’t find a link to post.

His touches should keep going up. 2nd in nfl in broken tackles behind Mike Davis also

https://www.washingtonfootball.com/news/washington-football-giants-three-keys-week-6

S-T-U-D

Edit:  for the lazy

"He's done some good things for us," Rivera said. "Seventy touches in five games is really not a lot if you really think about it. That's only [14] a game. This is a guy who we think can handle a little bit more of a load. We're going to continue to work him and have him grow and develop as a football player."

gibson owners get in here

Edited by cgu112
  • Like 3
4 minutes ago, cgu112 said:

https://www.washingtonfootball.com/news/washington-football-giants-three-keys-week-6

S-T-U-D

"He's done some good things for us," Rivera said. "Seventy touches in five games is really not a lot if you really think about it. That's only [14] a game. This is a guy who we think can handle a little bit more of a load. We're going to continue to work him and have him grow and develop as a football player."

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

He's not seeing my lineup again unless I'm in dire straits due to injuries or byes. And even then I'd be scouring the waiver wire hard for a replacement. 

In PPR he's fine but in standard he's unplayable right now.

• Like 1

Why is mckissic a thing... seriously what the eff is happening... gibson positive vibes until Allen hot hurt then Alex Smith comes in and jd starts getting run then today happens.... wtf is happening gd covid interfering with these coaches brains

Edited by hard1

With all due offense, when we pick players from teams we know are bad, this is what we should expect.

I have Gibson and McLaurin. Should I be mad they're not getting TDs? No, I should feel dumb for drafting two players from a bottom five team.

But I can still know Rivera sucks and Haskins should be playing.

16 hours ago, cgu112 said:

S-T-U-D

Guess riverboat changed his mind 

So did anyone watch the game? What the hell happened here that Mckissic ended up playing so much? Normally he outsnaps him in passing plays, but he had about equal running touches too.

Edited by harck
6 hours ago, Ultraa said:

With all due offense, when we pick players from teams we know are bad, this is what we should expect.

I have Gibson and McLaurin. Should I be mad they're not getting TDs? No, I should feel dumb for drafting two players from a bottom five team.

But I can still know Rivera sucks and Haskins should be playing.

yes this.  

Frustrating for sure, but given Gibson’s background and the unusual off/preseason, we shouldn’t be surprised that his usage/production is erratic and slow to develop. Rivera knows this team is going nowhere, no sense in putting too much on Gibson’s plate too soon. He likely doesn’t have the necessary grasp of his assignments, the system, etc to be a 3 down workhorse so putting him in that position would be setting him up for failure. I imagine they’re adding a little more to Gibson’s role each week, having him focus on certain aspects of his game, while McKissic/Barber handle the rest. 

Gibson’s first three weeks seemed to focus on rushing more so than receiving:

9/36, 2/8

13/55/1, 1, -3

9/49/1, 3/11

The following three weeks saw more involvement in the receiving game:

13/46/1, 4/82

11/27, 5/24

9/30, 4/25

So we can clearly see his role getting bigger, it’s just that the offense in general stinks with no signs of improving. So fantasy production is simply going to be hard to come by unless he stays on the field every down which is unrealistic given the state of his development. Hopefully as the season progresses he’ll stay on the field more and more which will help, but I think more of the same is what we should expect, buoyed by an occasional TD. This offense just isn’t capable of supporting a great fantasy RB, despite whatever Gibson himself might be capable of. 

Dynasty owners can still feel relatively optimistic, as he’s flashed enough to look like a promising, well rounded RB throughout the early stages of his development. 2021 should see an upgrade at QB, additional weapons at WR/TE and a much improved, more cohesive offense with Gibson in a featured role. 

Edited by Lamont Sanford
  • Like 2
29 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

I’m thinking people are giving up or benching.

This week against Dallas he’ll go off or at least have a good game. 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

I'm choosing to flex D'Andre Swift instead of Gibson this week.  D'Andre's touches are trending in the proper direction, while Gibson's are not.

I fully expect Gibson to go hog wild this week to make me regret my decision.  If not for McKissic, bad team or not, Gibson would be an easy start against every offense's favorite opponent.

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, fbi314159 said:

I'm choosing to flex D'Andre Swift instead of Gibson this week.  D'Andre's touches are trending in the proper direction, while Gibson's are not.

I fully expect Gibson to go hog wild this week to make me regret my decision.  If not for McKissic, bad team or not, Gibson would be an easy start against every offense's favorite opponent.

I'm Flexing Gio Benard over him. I'd rather take the sure volume play. Gibson could have a monster day, but I don't like gambling on his volume.