NBC Sports Edge Forums

Antonio Gibson 2020 Outlook

51 minutes ago, collucho said:

I mean it makes sense, why wear down your best back in a losing season?

1) Washington is still alive in the playoff hunt despite the losing season. Long shot, but it isn't that improbable yet.  Washington isn't exactly known for "winning" seasons the past decade.

2) Gibson doesn't need 25 carries a game, every game.  He does need to get about 12-15 a game going forward.  They need some tape on him at RB, and they need to see how he looks as a game and season go along.  He has very limited experience at RB and the running and pass pro will take the most adjusting.

3) The majority of the complaints are the lack of passing work, from a guy who played more college WR than RB.  I know the coaches are talking about the mental aspect, but the easiest transition of his game at the moment would be the, "Go out 2 yards, turn around, and wait for the dumpoff" plays.

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Man do I LOVE this thread... these posters come in weekly to try and throw water on Gibson then immediately get embarrassed the following week. See you around 8 tonight, get ready to eat. 

Listen, I'm going to have to agree with the "realists" in here. Take away all three of his touchowns, his 7 targets, 5 receptions, and his four longest runs and he is JAG. Not really seeing anything s

I see the "realists" are putting on the full court press ahead of this game against Pittsburgh. I saw the same EXACT narrative for James Robinson last week who (by the way) bowling balled his way to 1

Posted Images

30 minutes ago, TennisDude said:

Should be a crazy shootout. Burrow gonna throw 60 passes in this game with Mixon out. The opportunities should definitely at least be there for Gibson.

... assuming CIN is playing catch-up, I am with you, but if CIN takes an early lead, it's inexplicably McKissic time

So happy to see this. Next year he’s going to be solid! Definitely going to try to grab him next year. 
gibson, swift and dobbins these rb will have huge seasons next year 

So happy I drafted this kid. The refusal to use him in the passing game continues to befuddle me, but thank God they're giving him the RZ carries. 

I'm already annoyed about him racking up targets next year on someone else's roster lol. 

Edited by Drewfus
2 minutes ago, zorndogs said:

He ruled that game today. As a big Skins fan I wasn't sold on him until today and was down on him earlier in this thread. He earned that win today though. I hope he keeps it up. Maybe he can be Cmac. 

Welcome aboard!!

2 minutes ago, zorndogs said:

He ruled that game today. As a big Skins fan I wasn't sold on him until today and was down on him earlier in this thread. He earned that win today though. I hope he keeps it up. Maybe he can be Cmac. 

You and me both bro

5 hours ago, Drewfus said:

So happy I drafted this kid. The refusal to use him in the passing game continues to befuddle me, but thank God they're giving him the RZ carries. 

I'm already annoyed about him racking up targets next year on someone else's roster lol. 

That's why you should play in keepers or dynasties :D

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Drewfus said:

Thank god they quickly abandoned the idea of making Peyton Barber the RZ guy. Dude is Jordan Howard 2.0.  

• Like 3
7 hours ago, 0-5 said:

Hopefully he goes a lil under radar.So I can pick him again next year, prob be in the 3rd-5th round range 

•  

Not happening.

Just based on history he’s going to be a second round pick. Probably 10-20 range depending on off-season roster changes and coach speak.

He has legit overall #1 potential because he is a damn good runner, pass catcher, and GL back. The problem is they seem set on using McKissic for some damn reason. Even today he stole a ton of the snaps and in games where they’re down he gets most of the snaps. Hopefully that changes...

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, MrPositive said:

I'm still flabbergasted they don't use a former star receiver in the receiving game, but he's doing so damn well at even rushing that I can't complain. I'm hoping this Sunday is his blowup game finally.

I'm pretty sure Dallas plays on Thanksgiving, and that Thanksgiving is on Thursday.

I'm not really sure what you mean by blowup game.  As far as I am concerned, he already had a blowup game the last time he played Dallas 20/128/1.  He's also had 2 other 18+ fantasy point outputs.

EDIT: I agree with regards to receiving.  If you meant a blowup in receiving usage, I wouldn't hold my breath.  It's doubtful this year.

Edited by fbi314159
8 minutes ago, fbi314159 said:

I'm pretty sure Dallas plays on Thanksgiving, and that Thanksgiving is on Thursday.

I'm not really sure what you mean by blowup game.  As far as I am concerned, he already had a blowup game the last time he played Dallas 20/128/1.  He's also had 2 other 18+ fantasy point outputs.

This is a reasonable thread, the expectation is only: //