NBC Sports Edge Forums

Zack Moss 2020 Outlook

18 hours ago, Jetdog16 said:

Moss played a season high 47 %  of the snaps in Week 7. Caught 3 passes and ran better than Singletary who has looked meh all season. Not like Moss is lighting it up but there could be a changing of the guard soon. If Moss were to grab a 60 percent share he could easily return Flex value with solid RB2 potential. Currently rostered in 41 % of ESPN leagues so well worth a speculative add if you have the bench space.

Singletary is not going to go away but I can definitely see Moss taking the 1st-2d down and GL role with Singletary as change of pace back....at some point Allen is going to get crushed on these cute runs and they are going to start limiting the hits he takes......Im buying

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I heard the Bills are re-designing their playbook exclusively for Lamar Miller?

Waiver wire ?!  In what world is Moss on the waivers. No chance unless you play in a 6 team league. 

When you leave and they don't sign you, it means you didn't get signed. They don't wait around.

Posted Images

21 hours ago, Chippa said:

They've tried, it hasnt been good.

I'm not an Allen fanboy, but you're really going out of your way to hate on a good qb who is carrying his team. Most likely winning the afc east and getting eliminated in the first round, but still. Allen's been impressive even with a completion percentage that isnt up to par

They need this moss lotto ticket to hit. That's why you're getting the push back lol

• Haha 2
9 minutes ago, BeastOfTheLeast said:

They need this moss lotto ticket to hit. That's why you're getting the push back lol

Lots of people trying to convince themselves into believing their own lies in this thread:

Bills are a run first team

Moss is the lead back

Josh Allen sucks 

Singletary sucks

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

Lots of people trying to convince themselves into believing their own lies in this thread:

Bills are a run first team

Moss is the lead back

Josh Allen sucks 

Singletary sucks

I’ve never once said they were a run first team-they’re clearly not. What I am advocating for is trying to establish Zack Moss and let him carry the ball for more than 8 times in a game before Allen fanboys dismiss the running backs as being ineffective. Their record is a complete fraud. They’re going to get the doors blown off them again by Arizona and Seattle just like the Tennessee game unless they change their offense. I am sorry Allen fantasy owners don’t want to hear this. 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, JoeJoe88 said:

I’ve never once said they were a run first team-they’re clearly not. What I am advocating for is trying to establish Zack Moss and let him carry the ball for more than 8 times in a game before Allen fanboys dismiss the running backs as being ineffective. Their record is a complete fraud. They’re going to get the doors blown off them again by Arizona and Seattle just like the Tennessee game unless they change their offense. I am sorry Allen fantasy owners don’t want to hear this. 

Seattle and Arizona are going to destroy them unless they change their offense? You mean change their defense right? Their defense was god awful against Tennessee. The offense was not the problem that night, the Bills barely had the ball all game. 

Maybe if the Bills defense improves, then they will run the ball more. But right now they've got an a tough schedule coming up and I expect they will be throwing it a ton. Don't hold your breath waiting for Zack Moss to get double digit carries anytime soon.

Just now, daethfromabove1979 said:

Seattle and Arizona are going to destroy them unless they change their offense? You mean change their defense right? Their defense was god awful against Tennessee. The offense was not the problem that night, the Bills barely had the ball all game. 

Maybe if the Bills defense improves, then they will run the ball more. But right now they've got an a tough schedule coming up and I expect they will be throwing it a ton. Don't hold your breath waiting for Zack Moss to get double digit carries anytime soon.

you wont get through to those people. They're convinced Josh Allen is the problem with the team

just completely illogical to even try to discuss football with them

Whether Allen is the team or not one thing we've seen is that the Bills aren't committing to the run and the preseason hype was too much to live up to for moss. Singletary is still around and when they get behind they aren't going to run the ball. The volume isn't there and when they get close Allen will run it in himself

• Like 1
1 minute ago, BeastOfTheLeast said:

Whether Allen is the team or not one thing we've seen is that the Bills aren't committing to the run and the preseason hype was too much to live up to for moss. Singletary is still around and when they get behind they aren't going to run the ball. The volume isn't there and when they get close Allen will run it in himself

You seem to be really sure that Moss isn't going to be a thing. Trying to convince us or yourself?

I have no idea if he'll pan out but I know this, out of 4 games he's played he's scored 10+ points twice. That's with a 40 percent share of the backfield touches. If he can get 60 percent of the snaps he will have enough value to flex consistently. If he's able to win even more of the work he can easily be a RB2. 

• Like 4
3 hours ago, Jetdog16 said:

You seem to be really sure that Moss isn't going to be a thing. Trying to convince us or yourself?

I have no idea if he'll pan out but I know this, out of 4 games he's played he's scored 10+ points twice. That's with a 40 percent share of the backfield touches. If he can get 60 percent of the snaps he will have enough value to flex consistently. If he's able to win even more of the work he can easily be a RB2. 

And you guys have spent all season convincing yourself he is going to be the biggest sleeper hit like he was hyped to be before the season despite week after week of evidence going against that. Every week it's ifs and maybes, hypotheticals, and mental gymnastics to create success that has yet to happen 8 weeks in. The only ones trying to convince themselves of something of those who still have him and want to be able to say "I told you he was a sleeper hit" at the end of the season. 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, BeastOfTheLeast said:

And you guys have spent all season convincing yourself he is going to be the biggest sleeper hit like he was hyped to be before the season despite week after week of evidence going against that. Every week it's ifs and maybes, hypotheticals, and mental gymnastics to create success that has yet to happen 8 weeks in. The only ones trying to convince themselves of something of those who still have him and want to be able to say "I told you he was a sleeper hit" at the end of the season. 

Agree with this.  Sometimes we try to will things to happen when reality is saying it's not.  Very similar situation with Laviska Shenault.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, Jetdog16 said:

Looking back earlier in player threads and i've seen the truthers trying to convince themselves week after week and move the goalposts on what would be a success while the in game usage tells you that he isn't living up to the hype.

There were people saying he shouldn't go undrafted and one said he should go by round 7 (hasn't lived up to that)

People saying he will have taken over by week 3, then it was "be patient it'll happen halfway through", now it's "If he gets 60% in the coming week"

There were people saying Allen wouldn't keep vulturing GL touches and that moss would have value as a gl back (hasn't happened)

People saying it was foolish to drop him early as allen was vulturing touches, singletary wasn't losing his job, and moss missed weeks with turf toe. This happens as WW winners like robinson, gaskin, henderson (somewhat), multiple wrs, and even Herbert who is playing like a qb1 were missed out on just to hold on to a hopeful that hasn't panned out. So thats a potential player you could have had in the draft or on the wire that was missed while holding/drafting this guy

The detractors are using what's happening in games (and some the fact that they didn't cuff singletary). The truthers are using hope and keep moving the goalposts. Bills need to change a lot of things in order for this to pan out

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Guwop said:

Looking back earlier in player threads and i've seen the truthers trying to convince themselves week after week and move the goalposts on what would be a success while the in game usage tells you that he isn't living up to the hype.

There were people saying he shouldn't go undrafted and one said he should go by round 7 (hasn't lived up to that)

People saying he will have taken over by week 3, then it was "be patient it'll happen halfway through", now it's "If he gets 60% in the coming week"

There were people saying Allen wouldn't keep vulturing GL touches and that moss would have value as a gl back (hasn't happened)

People saying it was foolish to drop him early as allen was vulturing touches, singletary wasn't losing his job, and moss missed weeks with turf toe. This happens as WW winners like robinson, gaskin, henderson (somewhat), multiple wrs, and even Herbert who is playing like a qb1 were missed out on just to hold on to a hopeful that hasn't panned out. So thats a potential player you could have had in the draft or on the wire that was missed while holding/drafting this guy

The detractors are using what's happening in games (and some the fact that they didn't cuff singletary). The truthers are using hope and keep moving the goalposts. Bills need to change a lot of things in order for this to pan out

I appreciate your perspective.

I haven't rostered Zack Moss all season and have no emotional attachment to him succeeding. If my league had larger benches I would absolutely grab him as a bench stash though.

Bills RBBC situation:

BUF
Player AVG Snap % RZ Looks Per Game RZ Looks Share Targets Per Game RB Target Share
devin singletary 69.14% (-2.53%) 2.14 (+0.14) 55.6% (+5.6%) 4.14 (+0.14) 67.4% (-3.2%)
zack moss 40.75% (+2.08%) 2.5 (-0.83) 55.6% (+13.9%) 1.75 (+0.42) 26.9% (+3.4%)
taiwan jones DNP 0.0 0.0% 0.5 8.3%
tj yeldon DNP 0.33 11.1% 1.33 23.5%
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Who cares really .. he’s on my bench anyways.

His role is steadily increasing.

If he pans out and helps me make a push for the playoffs, or even peaks around that time. That would be great.

And if he busts so be it ... we all got him super late in the draft. No biggie

Edited by RunCMC
  • Like 1

A RB on my bench increasing role. Who cares? I think 11 other managers scrapping by for a RB care...

I personally enjoy using my bench to foster high upside RB's like Moss, Edmonds and Dobbins grow and develop and help contribute to my championship run...

This year Sanders?

On 10/28/2020 at 9:56 PM, hard1 said:

I want moss to be the man but honestly one game with more attention than devin seems premature to declare him taking over... he takes a step forward I'll be the first to jump on board....

Was just the beginning, gotta think he is finally getting near full health and the coaches see the difference he can make.

Today is the day they really feed him...weather and game script align really well for Moss.

• Like 1
On 10/28/2020 at 1:51 PM, daethfromabove1979 said:

Yeah this is pretty frustrating, Josh Allen is the team. 

this is why they will never win a Super Bowl but he ends up being a great fantasy asset and really sucks the value out of RBs.  I am a Moss holder....crossing my fingers this Bills offense finds some additional dimensions to their lame a** Josh Allen run offense.  Not built to win long term but exciting nonetheless and none of that matters cause we are playing fake football.  

Need a dude with some data!!  Please calculate Allen's % of his team's weekly fantasy points. 

8 minutes ago, dudewithabadcat said:

this is why they will never win a Super Bowl but he ends up being a great fantasy asset and really sucks the value out of RBs.  I am a Moss holder....crossing my fingers this Bills offense finds some additional dimensions to their lame a** Josh Allen run offense.  Not built to win long term but exciting nonetheless and none of that matters cause we are playing fake football.  

Need a dude with some data!!  Please calculate Allen's % of his team's weekly fantasy points. 

I’d imagine Josh Allen is responsible for 80% of the teams fantasy points. Rushing average half ppr looks like 90 yfs and 5-7 receptions, which is basically 12 points. Josh Allen average 24-25...there you have it- 2/3rds lol

1 minute ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

I’d imagine Josh Allen is responsible for 80% of the teams fantasy points. Rushing average half ppr looks like 90 yfs and 5-7 receptions, which is basically 12 points. Josh Allen average 24-25...there you have it- 2/3rds lol

80/20 rule.  Do a 90/10 analysis and there is your next value.  Moss seems like a stretch because I think Allen and the Bills coaching staff run a pretty loose offense.  I don't seem them effectively utilizing him.