NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Zack Moss 2020 Outlook

The G Man

4 minutes ago, Tommy Lee Jones said:

That Buscaglia guy is at it again.  He’s advocating for Moss to get all of the early down work vs the Jets because of their puny linebackers, with Singletary spelling him on passing downs.  Rotoworld treats what he says as gospel, as if it’s coming from the head coach.  I’m not sure if I’ve ever witnessed anything quite like this.  It seems personal.

Yeah he is constantly pumping up Moss but I haven’t heard much praise about Moss from any other Bills beat writers, and I follow them all. 

17 minutes ago, brosephd said:

who has the highest chance of taking over in the backfield?

1. Akers- Malcolm Brown isn't going to dominate touches, Henderson is not a workhorse back, Akers should dominate backfield touches in short order.

2. Moss- If taking over the backfield = leading touches, I think Moss has the most reasonable shot to accomplish this week 1 than anyone on this list.  Wouldn't surprise anyone if it's an even split right out of the gate.

3. Swift- crowded backfield, but no one that resembles a do-it-all type player.  Could lead the backfield in touches eventually due to versatility, pass catching ability. 

4. Dobbins- Might be the most talented on this list, but has Mark Ingram in front of him.  I don't think Ingram will relinquish lead dog spot in this backfield this year unless it involves an injury.

5. Dillon-  Aaron Jones is not getting displaced any time soon.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

Yeah he is constantly pumping up Moss but I haven’t heard much praise about Moss from any other Bills beat writers, and I follow them all. 

Does Buscagulia have a history of exaggeration? Do any of the other beat writers have an favorites? Do any of the beat writers ever make these kinds of predictions or are they usually a just the facts and steer clear of evaluating players? 

Sorry for all the questions but since you said you followed all the Bills beat writers I thought I’d ask. Would love to hear your take. Thanks.

... as you might have guessed, I’m pretty heavily invested in Moss.

Edited by FreakFries

6 minutes ago, FreakFries said:

Does Buscagulia have a history of exaggeration? Do any of the other beat writers have an favorites? Do any of the beat writers ever make these kinds of predictions or are they usually a just the facts and steer clear of evaluating players? 

Sorry for all the questions but since you said you followed all the Bills beat writers I thought I’d ask. Would love to hear your take. Thanks.

I’m not sure about Buscaguila but he reported Singletary looked great at camp last year too (just looked it up on the first page of the 2019 Singletary thread). I drafted Singletary in every league last year because it was easy to see he was going to be the best back. From the other beat writers this year, they really focused a lot of attention on Diggs and Gabriel Davis was stealing the show. Saw one nice catch from Moss but really not much else, they all said he looked good but nothing earth shattering. I just think the hype is out of control and doesn’t appear to be warranted, Singletary is still going to be really good, you’re basically hoping for Singletary to get hurt in order to profit on Moss at his current ADP.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

I just think the hype is out of control and doesn’t appear to be warranted, Singletary is still going to be really good, you’re basically hoping for Singletary to get hurt in order to profit on Moss at his current ADP.

I agree that the hype train is probably rolling too hard. I grabbed him in the 9th after Rojo and before Kirk so at his ADP, I'm not really expecting him to do much to start the year. I see him more as a flier with flex standalone value later in the season, or rb2 if Single goes down. Either way, I'm rooting hard AF for Moss in week 1. HumidBarkPlant let's gooooo

1 hour ago, BallinOnnaBudget said:

I agree that the hype train is probably rolling too hard. I grabbed him in the 9th after Rojo and before Kirk so at his ADP, I'm not really expecting him to do much to start the year. I see him more as a flier with flex standalone value later in the season, or rb2 if Single goes down. Either way, I'm rooting hard AF for Moss in week 1. HumidBarkPlant let's gooooo

I grabbed him in the 12th. To be honest I'm very very surprised he's going that late. I think Moss is just as good of a prospect as Jonathan Taylor & in a similar situation to boot.

Yet I had to burn a 4th rounder to grab JT.  I know one of the discrepancies is Indy's elite O-line , and where they went in the draft (the actual draft) Taylor went 41st overall , Moss at 86th. 

But anyways, I digress. Just hope Moss gets fed non stop at the goal line, as his workload ramps up. 

He definitely has RB3 / Flex value currently as it stands . And would be bonafide RB1 if Singletary were to go down. 

Edited by RunCMC
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Leopard said:

Think this is a perfect matchup for moss to showcase his skills...bills are going to run away with this game and I see them having plenty of red zone opportunities...Moss can easily punch two scores tomorrow 

You know predictions never happen.  So now its either 24yds and 0-1 scores or 128 yds and 3tds

4 minutes ago, dropshadows said:

Josh Allen should probably stop putting his life in danger. And let Moss run the ball instead. For my fantasy team's sake.

The Bills love letting Josh Allen do his thing, he was chucking the ball and running it a ton himself. They just don't let their RBs rush the ball much, it's weird.

9 minutes ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

The Bills love letting Josh Allen do his thing, he was chucking the ball and running it a ton himself. They just don't let their RBs rush the ball much, it's weird.

AND it works.

Seeing rushing totals end up similar to this for 2020 is not a bold take, but I think its clear why they brought in Moss. Definitely a bit concerned about yardage volume on the other hand.

1134797019_ScreenShot2020-09-14at1_00_48PM.thumb.png.4c395d27438e23b2c99665c0758a3041.png

Edited by dropshadows

5 minutes ago, dropshadows said:

AND it works.

Seeing rushing totals end up similar to this for 2020 is not a bold take, but I think its clear why they brought in Moss. Definitely a bit concerned about yardage volume on the other hand.

1134797019_ScreenShot2020-09-14at1_00_48PM.thumb.png.4c395d27438e23b2c99665c0758a3041.png

Allen had 2 fumbles yesterday. Luckily they were playing the JETS.

On pace for 32 fumbles this season.

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats
  • Haha 1

Allen is lethal when they let him be a playmaker. I don't think he's going to stop running anytime soon. He makes mistakes, but they're letting him do his thing and (hopefully) grow. Will it work out long term? Hell if I know but the upside is tremendous, both for fantasy and their real life football prospects. I think it's a better plan than trying to rein him in and make him a traditional pocket passing QB.