Brandon Aiyuk 2020 Outlook

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dante Pettis. Oh wait.

This is a smash spot so it means he’ll go 3-35, SF will run it 40 times and win a 9-6 game just because it’s 2020

2 hours ago, umphrey said:

I would fade him this week but next week looks good

Not sure the point of such a general comment. I mean sure fade him if you have better WR3 options as it's not the best matchup but without seeing everyone's roster it's meaningless. Aiyuk still has a respectable floor and big game upside so in most cases he's a fringe wr3.

Should be grateful he was on the WW two weeks ago. This guy's coming out party was in Week 3 and has probably been owned in most leagues since.

He is the WR18 on the year for Half PPR Average Pts. If you take out his very first NFL game (coming off injury I think) where he was barely involved, he is WR12 which is good for a WR1 in most leagues.

Anyways, I think this guy was clearly the guy with Deebo back last week as Deebo had like 5 targets and all his production at the end in garbage time. I would probably make him a low end WR2 this week with the matchup and uncertainty if Deebo gets more involved this week at the expense of Aiyuk. I think he will be okay though.

Edited by King Gonzo
1 minute ago, fantasymad said:

Espn had this guy ranked at 29.

Fantasypros had him ranked at 27.

They better rank him as at least a top 15 WR next week with Samuel out vs the Cowboys. Could be easy 10-15 targets. Stud.

hes a legit wr1...Samuel getting hurt again is no surprise with his foot 

2 minutes ago, tpat30 said:

I don't get WTF Aiyuk needs to do for you all to start him. Who gives a crap whether Deebo plays or not. You START AIYUK!!

Sorry.

im starting him either way, i just think he has a higher ceiling with deebo out, thats all.

7 minutes ago, tpat30 said:

I don't get WTF Aiyuk needs to do for you all to start him. Who gives a crap whether Deebo plays or not. You START AIYUK!!

Sorry.

If deebo played this whole game then Aiyuks yardage and targets/receptions could have easily been cut in half. And everyone here would have been complaining. But it’s your team feel free to start him whether deebo plays or not. Not saying he won’t do well but his ceiling will be capped.

Edited by StevenSC400
  • Like 1

Well let’s dig a little deeper. Deebo played weeks 4-7 and 12 and 13. Aiyuk numbers Week 4 2 for 18, week 5 3 for 44, week 6 2 for 12, week 7 6 for 115, week 12 he didn’t play and week 13 he went 5 for 95. So yeah for anyone that’s actually looking at the numbers it matters if Deebo plays or not. 

Edited by StevenSC400
  • Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

Well let’s dig a little deeper. Deebo played week 4-7 and 12 and 13. Aiyk Week 4 2 for 18, week 5 3 for 44, week 6 2 for 12, week 7 6 for 115, week 12 he didn’t play and week 13 he went 5 for 95. So yeah for anyone that’s actually looking at the numbers it matters if Deebo plays or not. 

Some guy named George Kittle played those games weeks 4 through 7. He has been beasting since Kittle got hurt in week 8. 

Deebo getting hurt on his first play of the game is not a good sign.

Must start next week regardless vs Cowboys.

36 receptions on 56 targets in the last 5 games he played. Elite usage.

Edited by fantasymad
1 minute ago, fantasymad said:

Some guy named George Kittle played those games weeks 4 through 7. He has been beasting since Kittle got hurt in week 8. 

Deebo getting hurt on his first play of the game is not a good sign.

Must start next week regardless vs Cowboys.

Ok that’s a good point I forgot about kittle. Still though I just think if deebo is out his ceiling is way higher. Looking at mullens numbers the guy has 8 passing TDs in 6 weeks and has thrown for over 300 yards once. Throw deebo in the mix and the niners run game and idk I just think it gets a bit more dicey. I’m not trying to say bench him but just trying to dig a little deeper. One bad start next week could cost people a trip to the championship. 

3 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

Ok that’s a good point I forgot about kittle. Still though I just think if deebo is out his ceiling is way higher. Looking at mullens numbers the guy has 8 passing TDs in 6 weeks and has thrown for over 300 yards once. Throw deebo in the mix and the niners run game and idk I just think it gets a bit more dicey. I’m not trying to say bench him but just trying to dig a little deeper. One bad start next week could cost people a trip to the championship. 

He has been easily a top-10 WR over the past month or more. How do you not start him either way? Guy got 16 targets today. 

• Like 1
Just now, fantasymad said:

He has been easily a top-10 WR over the past month or more. How do you not start him either way? Guy got 16 targets today. 

Well most leagues start 2 RBs a flex and 2 WRs. This guy was a waiver pickup. People may have other options to at least consider. Especially if they are RB heavy and already have a legit WR1. Then he becomes a WR2 option like he is on my team.