NBC Sports Edge Forums

Brandon Aiyuk 2020 Outlook

7 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

Well most leagues start 2 RBs a flex and 2 WRs. This guy was a waiver pickup. People may have other options to at least consider. Especially if they are RB heavy and already have a legit WR1. Then he becomes a WR2 option like he is on my team. 

I have Ridley and Allen as my 2 WR. I am playing this guy as my flex no doubt. I get it though. But I really don't have a good 3rd RB. It would take a pretty good RB for me to play at flex for me to bench this guy next week.

Unless you have 2 stud WRs and 3 stud RBs he is a must start. 

Edited by fantasymad
  • Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dante Pettis. Oh wait.

This is a smash spot so it means he’ll go 3-35, SF will run it 40 times and win a 9-6 game just because it’s 2020

Just now, fantasymad said:

I have Ridley and Allen as my 2 WR. I am playing this guy as my flex no doubt. I get it though. But I really don't have a good 3rd RB. It would take a pretty good RB for me to play at flex for me to bench this guy next week.

Right that’s what I mean. I don’t want to make an AC discussion out of it but I have gallman at flex right now whose been just hard to bench. I could play him at WR2 though and I probably will. 

11 hours ago, StevenSC400 said:

Well let’s dig a little deeper. Deebo played weeks 4-7 and 12 and 13. Aiyuk numbers Week 4 2 for 18, week 5 3 for 44, week 6 2 for 12, week 7 6 for 115, week 12 he didn’t play and week 13 he went 5 for 95. So yeah for anyone that’s actually looking at the numbers it matters if Deebo plays or not. 

Yea we look at the numbers. Since week 3, Aiyuk’s points in standard have been:

He just had 15 with a healthy Deebo against a tough Bills defense. Stop overthinking and looking back at weeks 4-7. He still scored 32 points in those 4 games with an average of 8ppg. I’m pretty sure the better they though Aiyuk started looking, the more they were gonna try and get the ball to him. This 2nd half of the season has been the result of that.

• Like 1

Aiyuk > Samuel and it’s not looking that close...Aiyuk showing more as a complete receiver than deebo has ever done. What the hell has deebo accomplished anyways? Lol dudes been in the league almost two years and been hurt all year this year.

he’s probably done for year. Aiyuk a wr1 next week no doubt 

3 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Aiyuk > Samuel and it’s not looking that close...Aiyuk showing more as a complete receiver than deebo has ever done. What the hell has deebo accomplished anyways? Lol dudes been in the league almost two years and been hurt all year this year.

I take it you don't actually watch football? 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

I take it you don't actually watch football? 

Availability is the best dependability.

Aiyuks a rookie and is performing better than deebo did, and this is without Kittle, and with a worse qb situation and worse overall team.

what Aiyuk is doing even without deebo is really impressive and is more impressive than what deebo has done in his career.

If anything, the average football fan hasn’t caught on to aiyuks greatness 

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

2 hours ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Availability is the best dependability.

Aiyuks a rookie and is performing better than deebo did, and this is without Kittle, and with a worse qb situation and worse overall team.

what Aiyuk is doing even without deebo is really impressive and is more impressive than what deebo has done in his career.

If anything, the average football fan hasn’t caught on to aiyuks greatness 

Aiyuk has been very impressive, I would not be surprised that in a year or two from now he is the best WR from this draft. But to say Deebo has not done anything is false.

Fantasy wise there are much better options then Deebo. But there was not another rookie WR last season that contributed to his teams success more then Deebo. This season the 49 offense is night and day when Deebo is on the field. Their two best wins this season were against the Rams. In both of those games Deebo was the best offensive player and set a tone for the team. When he starts running over DB's it sets a tone for the entire team. When they run the Jet Sweep it sets up options and sucks in safeties to Aiyuk can run free. 

Aiyuk is a stud and I don't want to say his stats are meaningless but he has scored a lot in mop up duty and in games when the outcome was already determined. 

• Like 3
3 hours ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Deebo is still the better player. He's just been playing hurt all year. You're just seeing the passing offense funneled through Aiyuk because they don't have anyone else. It's the same thing that happened to Travis Fulgham a few weeks ago. That's not to say Aiyuk isn't a beast himself though. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
3 minutes ago, street sharks said:

Deebo is still the better player. He's just been playing hurt all year. You're just seeing the passing offense funneled through Aiyuk because they don't have anyone else. It's the same thing that happened to Travis Fulgham a few weeks ago. That's not to say Aiyuk isn't a beast himself though. 

Both very good WR's.... Fantasy removes so much of the purity of football and what actually defines a good football player. Deebo does so much to help a team that will never equate to a PPR score. 

• Like 3

Firing him up as a flex (over Lockett) with full confidence.

Say what you will about his targets/production being a result of Samuel and Kittle missing time, but it really doesn't matter since they're both looking like they're going to be out again this week. DAL isn't even a defense. Aiyuk will post a monster line and DAL will be powerless to stop him.

On 12/14/2020 at 11:26 AM, PlayTheWaivers said:

Could go down as an all-timer. This post, I mean.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

Came here for my daily dose of why I should curve him this week. Any takers?

I won’t be getting the two minutes of my life back of seeing your post, laughing, responding, and then laughing at people’s responses to my Aiyuk > Deebo claim. Because this guy should be in every lineup period lol

Edited by PlayTheWaivers
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, herschel said:

It probably doesn’t matter since he probably won’t start/play, but do we like him more or less if Kittle plays?

Less but only slightly. Obviously Kittle helps take away coverage but tough to see Aiyuk racking up 14 targets in that scenario. Though he certainly deserves them -- in his last five healthy games, dude is the third highest scoring WR (PPR). 

49ers WR Brandon Aiyuk's last five games: 

* 10 rec, 119 yards                   
                 * 5 rec, 95 yards, TD
* 7 rec, 75 yards, TD
* 8 rec, 91 yards, TD
* 6 rec, 101 yards

Since Week 9, he is one of three WR averaging 95 yards per game along with Tyreek Hill and Davante Adams.
Edited by fantasymad
14 hours ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

Came here for my daily dose of why I should curve him this week. Any takers?

"Deebo's the better talent", "Aiyuk's a rookie, he can't keep this up", "Mullens is a terrible QB", "The 49'ers offense is bad", "Take away 12 of the 16 targets and he had a bad game"

I just keep laughing as I plug Aiyuk in every week as my secret weapon. Even the "experts" have finally come around on Aiyuk and have him ranked in the 13-17 range instead of the 35-41 range.