NBC Sports Edge Forums

Brandon Aiyuk 2020 Outlook

On 12/14/2020 at 8:30 AM, Fried Pork Grind said:

I take it you don't actually watch football? 

Are you suggesting that Deebo Samuel is the better receiver? Because it's obvious to anybody who actually watches that Aiyuk is the superior player. I like Samuel as a playmaker but he's nothing special as a pure wideout -- and is hurt often. 

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dante Pettis. Oh wait.

This is a smash spot so it means he’ll go 3-35, SF will run it 40 times and win a 9-6 game just because it’s 2020

57 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

All this optimism makes me nervous

Don't overthink it. Anyone can get hurt or have a bad game but the matchup is good and he's one of the only reliable options left there. Shanny will scheme to manufacture him touches. Process says play him. 

1 minute ago, JoeG03 said:

Don't overthink it. Anyone can get hurt or have a bad game but the matchup is good and he's one of the only reliable options left there. Shanny will scheme to manufacture him touches. Process says play him. 

Oh don't get me wrong I'm starting him, but it just seems often times when there is such overwhelming optimism, it ends in a flop. 

• Like 1
Just now, JJ1223 said:

Oh don't get me wrong I'm starting him, but it just seems often times when there is such overwhelming optimism, it ends in a flop. 

I hate those takes because they are not usually backed up by facts and data. I can think of plenty of "good plays" who were indeed "good plays." 

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, JoeG03 said:

I hate those takes because they are not usually backed up by facts and data. I can think of plenty of "good plays" who were indeed "good plays." 

Well, duh; the facts and data are why we're high on him. But results fly in the face of projections all the time. If it was all facts and data it wouldn't be a game, it'd be a math equation. 

2 hours ago, JJ1223 said:

The target share is consistent. At least for this week, he remains the only show in town. 8-12 targets seems like a pretty good bet.

9 hours ago, PrestigeWW said:

The target share is consistent. At least for this week, he remains the only show in town. 8-12 targets seems like a pretty good bet.

I'd imagine your high end there is more likely to be his actual low end.

• Like 1

I watched most of the game today and it looked like he would have been better with Deebo out there. I think Kittle takes too many targets. He had a good day but he didn’t dominate, got a TD on a 4th down gadget play and had a long catch in pure garbage time. 

3 hours ago, MurderInc said:

"Aiyuk had a bad game if you take away the TD, take away the garbage time catch, and take away 10 of the 13 targets because Kittle and Deebo were out."

Starting Aiyuk with confidence in Week 16. Haters can hate. 

Yep. Maybe the excuse will be that Kittle is back or something ridiculous.

Aiyuk is a beast. He’s been a WR1. Keep rolling him out there.

On 8/12/2020 at 5:23 AM, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

This guy's being drafted right where he should be IMO. 

Y'all read OP writeup? He's a 1-D receiver that's gonna take some time getting adjusted to pro level ball and due to COVID his learning window is shortened. 

Biggest part of a Shanny offense too is run blocking to stay on the field. A knock on him is this. 

If you play in a return yardage league and it was before return yards were mostly taken out of the game I'd say he can manufacture points for you, but those days fade more each passing season. 

He seems to me like a bigger, slower, tavon Austin. I also see a slower, weaker Deebo Samuel in him. He's going to need manufactured touches from plays designed exclusively for him that I just don't see coming that often. 

He'll probably take away those jet sweeps that Kittle used to get. 

I wouldn't be shocked if he has less than 500 receiving yards in the year if he stays healthy. Maybe 600 yards with rush and receive. He profiles as a return guy but Lotta y'all don't play those leagues and return guys value seems to diminish yearly for most part. Is that Richie whatever guy still on the team too? He seemed to have that role locked up last year. 

I agree with y'all when you say the opportunity is here. This team is completely devoid of receiving talent outside of George Kittle, so I guess he's gotta get some run, just seems like the worst receiver to draft to do it. There was way better options to profile on this team from my non mattering perspective. 

Bottom line at pick 159 I think he has the greatest opportunity to succeed and make an impact of most being drafted around him. 

I just don't believe he has the skillset to come in and do it right away. Maybe he can get 3 rushing TD's if deebo is away though then there's a bit of value to be had. 

Swing and a miss

On 8/17/2020 at 1:09 PM, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

At his current price, even I can't look away any longer.

Bodies falling all around him and his cost is absolutely nothing.

I still believe he's raw, but if he gets enough manufactured touches a game I'd hate myself for missing out on him.

Probably gonna reach for him and / or Lazard to ensure that I get both high upside guys late.

Petty trolling.  Have you ever given thoughts on players pre-season?  

I haven't seen you around on page 1 of any threads.  

I noticed you left out what I said 5 days later (above) long before the start of the season after Tavon was declared OFS and Deebo was ruled out indefinitely.  

You also left out me getting him on my team as well.  

5 hours ago, Chwf3rd said:

Swing and a miss

Edited by Dreams And Dwightmares
18 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

Any concern if Mullens can't go and Beathard is his QB?

Call me crazy but I think Beathard is an upgrade. Dude got 29 targets the last 2 games. Plus they will be playing from behind most likely in Arizona.

Top 10 WR again. Must start. 

Set and forget.