NBC Sports Edge Forums

Brandon Aiyuk 2020 Outlook

Curious to get some more opinions here. ESPN has him ranked 13 but is saying if Kittle plays to downgrade him to WR3/flex. I hardly ever follow rankings anymore other than to get an idea of what they are thinking compared to me but that seems like a big drop off. Anyone concerned if Kittle plays? I do personally think Kittle playing hurts him more than it helps him. He now goes for the main guy to the number 2 guy on a team that wants to run the ball.

Edited by StevenSC400
  • Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dante Pettis. Oh wait.

This is a smash spot so it means he’ll go 3-35, SF will run it 40 times and win a 9-6 game just because it’s 2020

At this point, you have to play him. I have followed the rankings all season long and they have NEVER been accurate. Each and every week I follow multiple sources for ranking confirmation and each week, a jumbled mess. This is the week owners start worrying about everything from deodorant to player breakfast choices. Try not to get caught up in your own heads. Good luck gentlemen. 

Edited by Fantasy Gooroo
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, sSektor said:

Beathard is so bad that Shanny opted to only draw up 2 plays where Aiyuk was the first read. Disgusting showing. Cards didn't even make it competitive by taking the lead.

The writing was on the wall for this game. By bringing Kittle back they were going to play spoiler. Way you beat any good team is to keep the ball out of the offenses hands. Run it down their throats. And Aiyuk was only number 1 when Kittle was out. As soon as Kittle came back he should have been a downgrade to WR2. Which puts him in a tier of a lot of options. Can’t fault anyone for starting him but it just goes to show you these rankings don’t mean much anymore.

On 12/26/2020 at 11:54 PM, hines said:

I'm sorry what? Jimmy G is the furthest thing from an easy cut seeing as they go from literally Super Bowl contenders with him to sub .500 mediocrity without him

They were due for regression regardless of who was behind center IMO. Jimmy is a mixed bag himself, but is definitely superior to the other two QBs. I'd think they keep him. One year removed from a Superbowl appearance, it wouldn't make sense to dump him. I personally wouldn't expect anything close to 2019's success even with Jimmy, but the offense in general should be better without injuries to their QB1, WR1, RB1, and TE1.

Maybe they keep Jimmy for another year and draft his replacement. Either way I feel comfortable with Shanny getting Aiyuk the ball and Aiyuk himself taking another big step forward. The jury is still out on Deebo as a huge threat to Aiyuks volume.

20 hours ago, Nickmo said:

They were due for regression regardless of who was behind center IMO. Jimmy is a mixed bag himself, but is definitely superior to the other two QBs. I'd think they keep him. One year removed from a Superbowl appearance, it wouldn't make sense to dump him. I personally wouldn't expect anything close to 2019's success even with Jimmy, but the offense in general should be better without injuries to their QB1, WR1, RB1, and TE1.

Jimmy is OK.  Nick Bosa is what makes this team a SB contender instead of .500.

• Like 1
22 hours ago, oban14 said:

Jimmy is OK.  Nick Bosa is what makes this team a SB contender instead of .500.

The 49ers lost 3 excellent DLs this year:  Bosa, Buckner, and Ford.

• Like 1