CeeDee Lamb 2020 Outlook

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That tickles

It's right there in front of you, man. Teedee Lamb.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, straightfire118 said:

TD for Cedee I can hear it already. Bold prediction, run away rookie of the year, makes pro bowl, top cowboys wr. 1200 yards 10 TD’s for Cedee.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Be interesting to see where he is being popped now in redrafts and BBs...

I was loudly chided as a reacher when I nabbed him at 6.13 in a 14 team PPR with 3 WRs slots on Fri night, but I just love what I have seen in the kid.

Also grabbed him at 9.1 in a high stakes best ball last night. Obv both picks where at or near the end of a snake, so it is mostly a situation of 'get your guy' but in last nights best ball it does feel like an overpay in hindsight given that Juedy last all the way into the middle of the 13th.

On 8/25/2020 at 7:37 PM, yossarian said:

What a great fantasy name if the kid turns into a baller. TDee Lamb !! lets go hahaha 😎

• Like 1

In dynasty he's a no brainer. In re-draft he has some uncertainty due to competition and being a rookie who missed a real pre-season.

I know they say they want three 1,000 receivers but they have an excellent run game and so is it realistic? One of the big three receivers will take a hit.

11 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

I know they say they want three 1,000 receivers but they have an excellent run game and so is it realistic?

No, it's not. It's happened twice in the past 20 years, and it took 2 legends at QB to do it. 

Cooper is being enthusiastic, and that's great (and almost required in the pre-season) but don't take it too seriously.

I have a hard time believing he’ll have a big year if everyone stays healthy and Zeke gets his too. He could have alot of upside if receivers get banged up and his piece of the pie increases though. 1,000 yards is only 62 per game, even if they all hit that mark(highly unlikely) it would probably be worse for all their fantasy prospects because they’re spreading the ball around so much. Fun for Dak though

• Like 1
1 hour ago, owenmills said:

I have a hard time believing he’ll have a big year if everyone stays healthy and Zeke gets his too. He could have alot of upside if receivers get banged up and his piece of the pie increases though. 1,000 yards is only 62 per game, even if they all hit that mark(highly unlikely) it would probably be worse for all their fantasy prospects because they’re spreading the ball around so much. Fun for Dak though

They took him 17th overall and apparently he's been the best receiver at camp. We need to remember that the NFL doesn't care too much about seniority. If he's as good as they're saying then he will be a factor by October and you'll see a lot of whining and complaining elsewhere.

He looks like a strong investment in dynasty. In re-draft he's a much riskier option but he should get stronger as the season progresses. Talent will win out when it's met with hard work and a little luck.

By all accounts, they're going to make sure Lamb gets the ball in his hands.  He's probably the most electric of the three WR once he's got it.   So they'll likely design some run plays for him as well.  And 1000 per WR isn't out of the real of possibility.   Cobb had 828 last season.  Gallup had 1107 and Cooper had 1189.   So they weren't too far off.   Not to mention that Cooper will still probably have to deal with his plantar fasciitis.   And if you believe some narratives, he sucks on the road and disappears at times.   If they're going to largely run Lamb out of the slot, then he's going to have a solid year.   

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Spyplane said:

They took him 17th overall and apparently he's been the best receiver at camp. We need to remember that the NFL doesn't care too much about seniority. If he's as good as they're saying then he will be a factor by October and you'll see a lot of whining and complaining elsewhere.

He looks like a strong investment in dynasty. In re-draft he's a much riskier option but he should get stronger as the season progresses. Talent will win out when it's met with hard work and a little luck.

Dynasty is a different story, but redraft I honestly could see the complaining going both ways easily. He has a great year and returns value to his ADP, or they spread the ball around and he produces lots of 3-45-0 games with some big games sprinkled in that frustrate owners trying to figure out when to start him. If everyone stays healthy I see the latter as more likely than the former. 

• Like 1

It looks bad on them get the ball in his hands only three times per week at a high pricetag of 17th overall when they didn't need a WR but definately had big needs elsewhere. 

By all accounts he's crushing camp and so that while considering the optics of it all, he's going to get a large opportunity. He might even lead the team and yards and maybe receiving TDs by the end of the season... And maybe not. He's not priced in fantasy at a point that makes the gamble a poor one though.

Personally he's my WR3 and so I'm ok with some volatility.

Edited by Spyplane

Prefer Jeudy but that’s just me. Maybe even Ruggs looking at target share. I don’t see Lamb being consistent unless Cooper or Gallup get hurt. Then he is a WR2. 

Edited by affliction

Gallup was the big loser when Dallas drafted CeeDee.  Gallup is the one that doesn’t flex inside on shifts.  He is your typical boundry wr.  This year he'll be reliant on CeeDee and Amari to be covered in order to see the ball.  He's going to be the 3rd wheel.  CeeDee is going to get more opportunity than Gallup, and with his superior talent, do more with it.  I'm expecting Gallup's 2019 to be CeeDee's floor in 2020.  66/1107/6

• Like 3

"CeeDee (Lamb) looks very natural out there,” McCarthy said, per Cowboys team reporter Rob Phillips. “He had a big play in the team period (Friday). He's definitely shown the ability to play all three spots in the receiver position, and we'll see what goes on with punt return and those types of things. But he looks very, very natural on the football field. Excited about him.” Mike Mcarthy

My confidence is through the roof with him,” Prescott said, via Mike Gehlken of the Dallas Morning News. “When he came in, I had high expectations for him because of the guy that I initially met in the offseason when we were throwing and when we were getting together. You could just tell the type of guy he is, the type of player and competitor he is. So my expectations for him rose immediately from that meeting. And then to get into training camp, to see what he’s done, to see what he can do, i think he’s had as good of a camp as anyone has, any position on this team. It’s exciting. As I’ve said before, he’s going to play a huge role in our success, not only this year but in the future. I’m excited for it. I’m excited for him.” Dak Prescott

• Thanks 3
On 4/30/2020 at 2:16 AM, Tghetty said:

He is in best position among rookie wrs as far as I’m concerned.  Cooper and Gallop will be getting top CB attention.  While Ruggs and Jeudy will have tough match ups as they are expected to do big things right away.  

Coop and Gallup 1000 plus last year and Cobb had 800 plus.  Lamb is a huge upgrade from Cobb.  

Sutton will draw the best cb not Jeudy 

1 hour ago, young dude said:

It's a hot take, but would you be surprised if he ends up with the best WR stats on the team this year, especially with a new coach? I'm not expecting it, neither would my jaws drop if it happened.

It's not really a super hot take.  Gallup had almost identical stats to Cooper last season.   If Lamb lines up in the slot, he's going to have a lot of catches and a lot of YAC.

2 hours ago, griffin727 said:

I think 100 targets is definitely there even if everyone is healthy. Bonus is that if either Cooper or Gallup miss time he gets a bump.

I see Blake Jarwin stealing his thunder and being the 3rd scoring option.